Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Guild of the Skalds Discussion thread
posted 21 January 2009 02:06 EDT (US)   
Hail, fellows of the Bardic Circle!

We have established among us a Guild of worthies who have had their works and pieces immortalized upon this site.

Membership to the Guild is open to any who complete a tale for our peers, the tale being of a reasonable length or longer, and of good quality. It matters not whether the tale is quill-and-ink, heavily illustrated, or a mixture of both, only that the tale is thoroughly enjoyable and reaches its end. All details are revealed upon the site referred to by visiting the link.

Any discussions or questions? Well, Friends and Peers, that's why we have this thread. Feel free to discuss and question, and answers will be forthcoming.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 01-21-2009 @ 02:08 AM).]

Replies:
posted 21 January 2009 16:13 EDT (US)     1 / 7  
I think it's a brilliant idea- we have a most excellent writer corps here, and this will give them a reward and something to aspire to. What are you waiting for, guys?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 10 February 2009 04:09 EDT (US)     2 / 7  
Please, one at a time! I can't handle all these questions and ideas flowing in. They are overwhelming my feeble brain!

Seriously, though, any questions or comments?

Or was everything explained quite well in the sticky and site?

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
posted 10 February 2009 04:14 EDT (US)     3 / 7  
Do AAR's count?

AAR Coming real soon :P
posted 10 February 2009 05:50 EDT (US)     4 / 7  
Yep, but I think only when you have finished it and it is of such quality that it counts for the Skalds.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 10 February 2009 06:38 EDT (US)     5 / 7  
Lord Erzin, check the site and ye shall see the proof that Noble Selifator is correct.

The Order of the Golden Palette of the Guild of the Skalds is specifically designed to honor those who complete their AAR's.

The Order of the Silver Quill is for pen-and-parchment tales (stories told with words).

And the Order of the Electrum Stylus is for HSR's.
posted 10 February 2009 16:01 EDT (US)     6 / 7  
Terikel, what are HSRs?
By the way, great war stories, mate.

I'm not playing all the wrong notes. I'm playing all the right notes. But not
nessescarily in the right order.- Eric Morcambe.
I have the body of a GOD!- Buddha...
www.Nottinghamrugby.co.uk
They have sown the wind, now they will reap the whirlwind.- Arthur "bomber" Harris.
posted 10 February 2009 18:02 EDT (US)     7 / 7  
HSRs are a very rare type of AARs that are kind of like writing a history book following your campaign.

The best one IMO is Spanish Imperium- quite extensive and great to read not only as an AAR but as a story. But you can do it for shorter campaigns, and I'm at some stage going to write up a battle in that style by doing an actual enquiry as to why my Duke ended up in Switzerland taking on HRE armies, details of the campaign and it's effects, and of course the battle. Much like Juliet Barker's 'Agincourt' (non-fiction).

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Total War Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » Guild of the Skalds Discussion thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames