You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Barbarian Invasion Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How did and why did the VIP's pick our site....?
posted 13 August 2005 00:44 EDT (US)   
Are we one of the top RTW sites out there or was it becuase of the sext questions for BI that Doit asked

Im glad they have come to answer our BI questions and hope they stay around much longer.

posted 13 August 2005 01:17 EDT (US)     1 / 16  
Well, Heavengames normally has hoardes of developers at nearly every site, this site, for along time, was unique in that it didn't.

As for being a top site.

Google Rome:Total War.

Notice we are 5th or 6th on the list.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 13 August 2005 09:22 EDT (US)     2 / 16  

Quote:

why did the VIP's pick our site....?

As usual, bribery (I mean, a single PM) did the trick.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok

[This message has been edited by GloryofSparta (edited 08-13-2005 @ 10:35 AM).]

posted 13 August 2005 12:04 EDT (US)     3 / 16  
GoS deserve the credit for luring them here. It took us 3 days to get them out of her hypnotic stupor.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
posted 13 August 2005 12:30 EDT (US)     4 / 16  

Quote:

It took us 3 days to get them out of her hypnotic stupor.

Must have been my picture. I have a hard time figuring why they haven't run away yet.

Anyways, talking to the heads behind one of the greatest game productions is such an honor. Actually, I would kill do anything to hook up with them IRL.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
posted 13 August 2005 12:39 EDT (US)     5 / 16  
Why ask why?

Just be glad they did.

Life is full of challenges. You can either step up to them, or step out of the way. The ones who step up, are the ones who will someday rule the world.
posted 13 August 2005 13:08 EDT (US)     6 / 16  
Why not ask why?

I knew HG had relations with the makers and producers of the games, but I never though we actually had the staff memebers of those companies pay us visits.

(¯`•._.•[ .:^:. ]•._.•´¯)
¨‘°ºO.:.Oº°‘¨
KaiserWinterfeldt ¨‘°ºO.:.Oº°‘¨
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt & Jet Jetboy Winterfeldt
(¯`•._.•[ .::. ]•._.•´¯)
(¯`•.__.•´¯)
(¯v¯)
posted 13 August 2005 13:54 EDT (US)     7 / 16  
You've obviously never been to other Heavens. You should see AoE3H. Members of Ensemble visit there very regularly. Like Cheese said:

Quote:

Well, Heavengames normally has hoardes of developers at nearly every site, this site, for along time, was unique in that it didn't.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
posted 13 August 2005 14:00 EDT (US)     8 / 16  
Mike McCart, the original webmaster and founder of HG, now works full-time as a community manager for Ensemble Studios. As HG built up the Age of Empires forum where people could discuss the game, it is a matter of course that the developers of the Age series would drop by.

It is sort of like a trademark of ours to invite developers to post, and answer questions in our forums. Visitors of HG have been able to suggest game enhancements to the developers, usually through the forums, that have ultimately been included into game sequels or patches. I am one of those lucky people; I sparked off a thread, where I pointed out a balance issue that had to be addressed. And it worked according to plan; ES made an effort, and managed, to find a solution.

Stainless Steel Studios actually hired a number of HG's staff members and site visitors to help develop and craft scenarios for Empire Earth.

We had, since the release of RTWH, been waiting for the blue army of CA employees to visit the forums. And finally our dreams have come true.

[This message has been edited by GloryofSparta (edited 09-16-2005 @ 08:37 PM).]

posted 13 August 2005 14:15 EDT (US)     9 / 16  
You know, just once, maybe just once, I wish a CA person could acknoledge me. Its obvious they came here becuase I am here, but why did'nt they say hi?

Game developers these days, its not the same. Back in my day, they would actually stop for tea. **mumble mumble mumble**

posted 15 August 2005 05:43 EDT (US)     10 / 16  
@ Callisto -

Hi! Consider yourself acknowledged, and even virtually hugged if you wish.

And to everyone else: "hello" as well.

We had been dropping by for a while to monitor comments, btw, but a polite PM worked wonders in getting us to ignore our bashful ways and actually post something.

To be serious for a second, we can't always guarantee an answer to every question (we have to do some work, after all, so our appearances here tend to be sporadic and seemingly random) on every subject (we also have to consider NDAs), but when we can, we'll answer as fully as we can.

So, be seeing you around!

MikeB

----

Gentlemen should exercise caution and wear stout-sided boots when using the Fintry-Kyle Escape Apparatus. Ladies, children, servants and those of a nervous disposition should be strongly encouraged to seek other means of hurried egress.

posted 15 August 2005 06:22 EDT (US)     11 / 16  
Wow, this is the first time I saw a blue post in this forum.

posted 15 August 2005 19:21 EDT (US)     12 / 16  
*Is extremely glad*

Glad you guys decided to hang out, sorry I've been out of town.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 16 August 2005 01:09 EDT (US)     13 / 16  
That was a great VIP post too.
posted 19 August 2005 20:10 EDT (US)     14 / 16  
It would be a travesty if this site wasn't picked. I first stumbled upon this excellent resource when inspecting Age of Mythology(awful BTW), then i did some looking around and found you guys were the finest RTS fan-site/resource, at times better than the official site).

Crusade! Our brothers in the East need out swords to subdue the Infidel! The Saracen defiles the Sepulchre and is at the gates of the Roman emperor!. Ride! Ride ye holy soldiers to Jerusalem! Byzantium calls for aid...Christ and the Virgin weep at the blood of martyrs spilled on holy pilgrimages! Crusade! -Medieval 2: Total War
posted 19 August 2005 20:14 EDT (US)     15 / 16  
I honestly forget how I found this site but was glad when I found it
posted 20 August 2005 12:08 EDT (US)     16 / 16  
Well, this is first TW site I found out, since it is almost on top of the google search.

Only reason why I moved to ORG or TWC was that this forum does not have subscribe button (as far as I know), making discussions a bit difficult.

Still, having it so high at google definetly says something.

BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack
Romano British provincial campaign

[This message has been edited by player1 total (edited 08-20-2005 @ 12:11 PM).]

Total War Heaven » Forums » Barbarian Invasion Discussion » How did and why did the VIP's pick our site....?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames