Please login or register

Barbarian Invasion Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Recovering Titles?
posted 06 October 2005 16:56 EDT (US)   
Has anyone found a way to get titles back if the character who holds them dies? I can transfer them back and forth between live characters, but it seems kind of silly to have the title just vanish should the character holding it get killed by a rioting mob...
Replies:
posted 06 October 2005 17:34 EDT (US)     1 / 12  
They are given out by the government (and probably other) buildings. So if the bearer of one dies then there is a chance of another family member being given the title.

Your monarchist friend Lars

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

posted 06 October 2005 20:53 EDT (US)     2 / 12  
What titles are you talking about?
posted 06 October 2005 21:58 EDT (US)     3 / 12  
Magister Peditum, Magister (something to do with horses), and Magister Militarum. Excuse the vulgar Latin.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
posted 06 October 2005 22:24 EDT (US)     4 / 12  
Magister equitium or something like that. There is also Duke of Britian (and by the gods there had better be Dukes of Gaul, Spain, Italy, and Africa too) Count of the calander. We really should take an accounting of titles that the Romans and Sassanids have.

Your monarchist friend Lars

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

posted 06 October 2005 22:40 EDT (US)     5 / 12  
The romans have all kinds of titles. I have wondered this myself. There must be at least a half dozen titles they start with, some of which are pretty nice.

I have tried moving them around and I don't think you can give any one person more than one tital, either.

posted 07 October 2005 03:41 EDT (US)     6 / 12  
The Sassanids have an Eran Spahbod title, the high command of the Sassanid military forces.

Just idag är jag stark!
posted 07 October 2005 04:31 EDT (US)     7 / 12  
I have never seen a title before, does this occur after a world event?

Never ever ask a drow for a light - Phauran Mizzrym
posted 07 October 2005 07:01 EDT (US)     8 / 12  
Titles 'respawn' if lost on another appropriate character in the right place. You can check out the individual triggers if you want to see 'how the magic works', but I always think that spoils the experience of playing games a little. The titles are - as some people have noticed - a cunning variant on the retainers in the game.

There are around half-a-dozen Roman titles for each half of the Empire and one or two for most of the other factions. The exception is the 'Friend of the Emperor', as there can be a large number of them in circulation at any one time as it's a catch-all sign of favour rather than a specific job.

The Duke of Britain and Count of the Saxon Shore titles can, I seem to remember, also go to the Romano-British if they survive for long enough.

----

Gentlemen should exercise caution and wear stout-sided boots when using the Fintry-Kyle Escape Apparatus. Ladies, children, servants and those of a nervous disposition should be strongly encouraged to seek other means of hurried egress.

posted 07 October 2005 23:53 EDT (US)     9 / 12  
I can't figure out how to give someone a title. Currently playing the Goths, maybe they don't get titles I guess.
posted 08 October 2005 00:10 EDT (US)     10 / 12  
Titles are just something that certain factions have. You can't create one, you can only aquire them by taking certain provinces, or getting certain stats.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
posted 08 October 2005 02:03 EDT (US)     11 / 12  
Frustrating thing is that you can't give more than one title to one person. You have two family members and would like to swap titles....can't do it.
posted 08 October 2005 14:04 EDT (US)     12 / 12  
the sassanids have a title for high priest of zoroaster too, in addition to the supreme military commander one.

i had my governor of antioch get one.

"You know, Moms and Dads these days are like the Democratic Party: lame, spineless and not holding up their end of the equation. And kids are like the Republicans: drunk with power and out of control." -Bill Maher
Total War Heaven » Forums » Barbarian Invasion Discussion » Recovering Titles?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames