Please login or register

Barbarian Invasion Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: No BI Patch(es)?
posted 23 October 2005 06:42 EDT (US)   
Aren't there new BI patch(es)? Cuz I see alot of things that isnt right.
Replies:
posted 23 October 2005 10:06 EDT (US)     1 / 4  
It's been about a month. It takes CA 3 or 4 to patch their games. RTW came out in September 2004 the 1.2 patch came out in Feburary 2005

Your monarchist friend Lars

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

posted 24 October 2005 06:15 EDT (US)     2 / 4  
http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=55522

Scroll down and see what Captain Fishpants days about further patching.

posted 25 October 2005 04:34 EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Just so that this is clear, here's what I posted over at .com and then repeated at the Org:

1.3 Patch for Rome: Total War

There has been a little confusion over the 1.3 patch. This is a patch for the original version of Rome: Total War ONLY. You do not have to download this patch if you have already bought and installed the Barbarian Invasion expansion pack. The expansion pack automatically brought the original RTW up to version 1.3 as part of the install process.

Version 1.3 addresses bugs and issues that came to light after RTW version 1.2 was released. It does not - indeed cannot - take into account any new issues that people have found while playing BI. It's to keep RTW and BI in step, and allow multiplayer compatibility.

Now, I would like to write this next bit in letters of fire 3 metres high: we are currently looking into a further patch for RTW/BI. This does *not* mean that there definitely will be another patch; that's what we're trying to sort out. We want to make sure that any unexpected and difficult-to-identify issues are spotted before a patch is prepared. *When we know for sure about a patch, you'll know for sure.* How reasonable is that?

MikeB

----

Gentlemen should exercise caution and wear stout-sided boots when using the Fintry-Kyle Escape Apparatus. Ladies, children, servants and those of a nervous disposition should be strongly encouraged to seek other means of hurried egress.

posted 25 October 2005 14:30 EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Here's what they say over at another game company, Paradox:

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

Johan Andersson
Wizard

So, you have something for comparison purposes.

Total War Heaven » Forums » Barbarian Invasion Discussion » No BI Patch(es)?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames