You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Barbarian Invasion Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: What year does a campaign end?
posted 03 November 2005 20:15 EDT (US)   
I've completed WRE VH/VH

its about 477 and i completed the campaign in 433.

just wondering how long can i keep playing?

after i completed it, i play other factions so i don't really know.....

can it go over 1000 AD?

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."
Replies:
posted 04 November 2005 04:42 EDT (US)     1 / 9  
It's up to 580 AD summer. Look in bi\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion the file named descr_strat. I found this some days ago . Enough time to conquer the map .. like in old days from RTW

Pain is temporary but Glory is forever
posted 04 November 2005 18:31 EDT (US)     2 / 9  
Thanks, 580 only?

thats not that long im on 500 (somewhere around there)

in my campaign theres Goths (only 1 settlement left) and Lombardi a few towns, i've almost conquered half the map, ERE keep trying to get my Lepcis Magna city, and each of their armies has like 5 first cohorts, very hard to beat since i don't train those units, upkeep is expensive.

plus the sassinids are gone...no challenge for the east now.

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."
posted 05 November 2005 05:23 EDT (US)     3 / 9  
Hmmz try to reach that date let's see what happends. And if it says something like "game over" try to modify the year 580 from the descr_strat(maybe it will work). I'm curious about this aspect so post your results here. Also some others may be interested.

posted 06 November 2005 08:29 EDT (US)     4 / 9  

Quoted from descr_strat.txt:

start_date363 summer
end_date476 summer

The end game date is 476, however as some people seem to have reached a much later date I belive this simply means that you need to complete your victory conditions before that date. It seems that once you win you can play on forever if you want, though perhaps the game ends once you conquer the entire map.

Lord Dragatus, 30th member of BTOOIC, The One Who Killed the Cow.
posted 07 November 2005 03:13 EDT (US)     5 / 9  
im at 557

if you could go on forever it would be cool it'd just like it as WRE vs ERE. the war could go on 2005 A.D lol
can anyone confirm this...any screen shots

any screenshots of 1000 A.D?

will let you know the result if i go over the 580 mark

posted 07 November 2005 03:51 EDT (US)     6 / 9  
The game ends when you have conquered the whole map. I did it with the WRE (vh/vh) in 486 AD. You get a nice victory screen (this wasn't the case in RTW) saying you have nothing to prove anymore. I could give you a look at it (I have the screenshot available) if I knew how to post screenshots.

Friesian

posted 07 November 2005 04:30 EDT (US)     7 / 9  
As LordDragatus worked out, once you have won as your chosen faction you can continue to play the game for as long as you like. The only limit is in conquering the whole map.

----

Gentlemen should exercise caution and wear stout-sided boots when using the Fintry-Kyle Escape Apparatus. Ladies, children, servants and those of a nervous disposition should be strongly encouraged to seek other means of hurried egress.

posted 07 November 2005 04:50 EDT (US)     8 / 9  
ooh a VIP, replying to my post

i am...honored

*kneels*

cool, i love the game now, im going to take my time and try to defeat ERE armies that contain nothing more than about 5 first cohorts and other troops

posted 07 November 2005 05:21 EDT (US)     9 / 9  
Yeah, the CA has done a great job concerning this aspect of the game. I just love conquering all of the map, and my only regret is that the map isn't bigger ( to extend up to India or someting like this)

Uber game, play it

Total War Heaven » Forums » Barbarian Invasion Discussion » What year does a campaign end?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames