Please login or register

Barbarian Invasion Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: An annoying thing about the hordes
posted 13 November 2005 01:49 EDT (US)   
Right. I understand hordes. I get that they are made out of the local population. I get that they go into the population of cities when you settle down again. I get that some are very good units.

What I don't get is why they don't all disappear when you occupy a region again? It is really goddamn annoying. I don't want them when I settle. I want them to get the hell out of my armies. Is there a way to make them all disappear (without disbanding them, I don't have the patience to sit down and disband 50 units) as soon as you occupy a city?

Replies:
posted 13 November 2005 02:35 EDT (US)     1 / 8  
Nope. Half of your horde disbands when you capture a city, half of those remaining disband when you capture your second city and all the rest disband when you capture your third settlement.

By this I solemnly swear that the day is coming when the Greeks one and all will miss Achilles badly, and you in your despair will be powerless to help them as they fall in their multitudes to man-slaying Hector. Then you will tear your heart out in remorse for giving no respect to the best of the Greeks. - Swift-footed Achilles, The Iliad
posted 13 November 2005 04:18 EDT (US)     2 / 8  
There's really no reason to disband them straight away. They have an upkeep of 0 so you might as well use them for as long as possible.

"Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side ? and ain't that a big enough majority in any town ?" - Huckleberry Finn
posted 14 November 2005 04:49 EDT (US)     3 / 8  
Ok. I get that now.

Quote:

Half of your horde disbands when you capture a city

Maybe half of yours do. Only one of my horde armies disbands when I take a city.

My complaining done; that said, I really like the Frankish Horde Chosen Swordsmen or whatever they are. They're pretty good.

posted 14 November 2005 15:05 EDT (US)     4 / 8  
What you tend to find is that the armies themselves might not disband but a lot of the units in them will. If you look, every time you settle a city all the horde armies in the vicinity usually become smaller.

"Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side ? and ain't that a big enough majority in any town ?" - Huckleberry Finn
posted 14 November 2005 16:05 EDT (US)     5 / 8  
Yeah it's quite easy to change it. Go to Descr_sm_factions.txt file in your bi/data folder.
Find the faction you want, go to the part where it has the horde options then it has 3 lines with the percent of disbanding on just change them all to 100.

What else is intresting is that you can do some real cool editing. I made it so that when factions horde, 500 stacks come out of the town. It's fun to watch

posted 14 November 2005 17:20 EDT (US)     6 / 8  
eeh! scary!
*goes and edits*

––––––––––•(-• ₤ o r d B l a i n Ʃ •-)•––––––––––
RTWH | ETWH | OD [ Hark Upon the Gale ] [ŻŻŻŻŻ]†λ†[ŻŻŻŻŻ]
ĞPeace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.ğ
~Albert Einstein
posted 15 November 2005 04:18 EDT (US)     7 / 8  
When a horde settles down it is only the units that have 'horde' in their title that will disband as these are your people pressed into military service. When given the chance to have a settled life again, they take it.

Other military units will not disband. They are your 'regular' military forces that you have before becoming a horde. They will remain after you stop being a horde.

If you have taken a lot of casualties among your regular (original) military forces, then you will notice that your total combat power drops significantly when you settle.

If you have taken casualties among your horde units, when you settle you'll find it harder to get your new settlement growing and/or recruit new military units.

Hope this clears matters up.

----

Gentlemen should exercise caution and wear stout-sided boots when using the Fintry-Kyle Escape Apparatus. Ladies, children, servants and those of a nervous disposition should be strongly encouraged to seek other means of hurried egress.

posted 15 November 2005 04:26 EDT (US)     8 / 8  
Hey...a VIP posting in a thread of mine...time for a party...

Quote:

When given the chance to have a settled life again, they take it.

Now when it's explained like that...makes more sense...why couldn't I think of that myself...

Thank you.

Total War Heaven » Forums » Barbarian Invasion Discussion » An annoying thing about the hordes
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames