Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Patch Update
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 06 December 2005 04:35 EDT (US)   
I posted this up at .com, but you may not have spotted it:

Quote:

Good news for those who like such things!

The patch is now being tested, which means that it will be available within a reasonable amount of time. I must stress that "reasonable" in this context means when it's ready, and not within days. There will be further announcements shortly as to what has been fixed.

----

Gentlemen should exercise caution and wear stout-sided boots when using the Fintry-Kyle Escape Apparatus. Ladies, children, servants and those of a nervous disposition should be strongly encouraged to seek other means of hurried egress.

Replies:
posted 06 December 2005 06:07 EDT (US)     1 / 40  
Thanks for the heads-up, o highness in blue.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
posted 06 December 2005 08:37 EDT (US)     2 / 40  
I saw that yesterday. I didn't know whether it was old or new news seeing as we just got a patch a couple months ago.

Great news!

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
posted 06 December 2005 10:01 EDT (US)     3 / 40  
Some clanmates have told me they bought a BI game that came with patch 1.4 instead of 1.3 and that they are not compatible, it may be to fix that, in which case would it be patch 1.5?

––––––––––•(-• ₤ o r d B l a i n Ʃ •-)•––––––––––
RTWH | ETWH | OD [ Hark Upon the Gale ] [―――――]†λ†[―――――]
«Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.»
~Albert Einstein
posted 06 December 2005 18:58 EDT (US)     4 / 40  
Barbarian Invasion IS v1.4 the version of Vanilla Rome Total War that comes with Barbarian Invasion is v1.3.

So, Captain Fishpants, will CA be continuing the one patch policy it tries to uphold, or is another patch at all a realistic possibility should this one not catch every problem?

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
posted 06 December 2005 19:32 EDT (US)     5 / 40  
I just noticed this today, other people who are using BI are not compatible with me and vica versa, whats up with that?

~Albert Einstein
posted 07 December 2005 07:38 EDT (US)     6 / 40  
I really hope this is the last patch, and that it catches all the annoying bugs in the original campaign and in the new one. More patches there are, the more are chances that other things will be screwed up accidentally. Barbarian Invasion docet.
posted 07 December 2005 15:56 EDT (US)     7 / 40  
The versions of BI might not be compatible because you or they might be using mods the other doesn't have.

(\_/)
(X.x)---------
()> <()
\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\This is Bunny roasting on an open fire. Yummy!
posted 07 December 2005 17:14 EDT (US)     8 / 40  
umm...no mods that affect MP, and it is over 1/2 the people.

~Albert Einstein
posted 09 December 2005 02:06 EDT (US)     9 / 40  
Bi 14v could be Barbarian Invasion and BI 13.v could be Rome: Total War players as patch 1.3 made Rome: Total War able to play online with BI players who are playing Rome: Total War online.

BI 1.4v = People Playing BI online (possible)
BI 1.3v = People playing Rome: Total WAr online (possible, with patch 1.3)

Either way when I play BI online it says that I got BI 1.4v and that just about everyone else when I play is playing BI 1.3v

Regards,
The Scipii

Yes... I'm back so watch out ya Huns!!!

posted 09 December 2005 09:32 EDT (US)     10 / 40  
Some more information for you - http://www.totalwar.com/community/romereadme.htm- in this case what the patch will cover.

Hope that's useful.

----

Gentlemen should exercise caution and wear stout-sided boots when using the Fintry-Kyle Escape Apparatus. Ladies, children, servants and those of a nervous disposition should be strongly encouraged to seek other means of hurried egress.

posted 09 December 2005 10:15 EDT (US)     11 / 40  
You forgot to meantion the release date

Quoted from Total War Forum:

Early next week will see the release of two new patches. Check out the readme for more info.

Quote:

We have fixed the “memory leak” slowdown issue that was seen when playing the campaign map for prolonged periods.

Sorry, but what does this mean?

GdB
• • • • •

"The story of our life, in the end, is not our life, it is our story" - Americano
Ad furore Dutchmannorum libera nos domine - Ace Cataphract
posted 09 December 2005 11:14 EDT (US)     12 / 40  

Quote:

Loyalty is now available with all shadow factions.

That makes me curious.

Would that mean Just the WRE and ERE rebels? Hun Rebels as well?

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
posted 09 December 2005 11:20 EDT (US)     13 / 40  

Quote:

Improvements have been made to prevent men spilling around the base of siege towers.

Is this the bug in which the whole army falls of the wall when jumping from siege tower on the wall? I lost several battle because of this bug (everytime i loose 4/5 of my army that falls from the siege tower, and it makes city battles impossible. Only noticed the bug at Burdigala (in Aquintain (France)?) and Sidon. I hate thue bug, and they should fix it.

posted 09 December 2005 11:32 EDT (US)     14 / 40  
Curious... Will I be bale to install 1.5/1.6 with MM Mod already in place, and still have the saved games from MM?
And will my BI saves still be there after the 1.6 BI patch?

posted 09 December 2005 12:34 EDT (US)     15 / 40  
Timeline here. Pathc 1.5 and 1.6 will be released "early next week."

Qui dedit benificium taceat; narret qui accepit -- Seneca
( Let him who has done a good deed be silent; let him who has received it tell it. )

Thank you CA!

posted 09 December 2005 13:42 EDT (US)     16 / 40  

Quoted from Wartrain:

posted 12-09-05 12:27 PM EDT (US)
This time, its posted here at first

Sorry Wartrain, but I beat you.... (see post #11)

Quote:

posted 12-09-05 10:15 AM EDT (US)

GdB
• • • • •

"The story of our life, in the end, is not our life, it is our story" - Americano
Ad furore Dutchmannorum libera nos domine - Ace Cataphract
posted 09 December 2005 14:45 EDT (US)     17 / 40  
Ad perpetuam rei memoriam maximus laboriosus factum, Wartrainius celeritas celebrus miror Dricus Frisii
*humilis inflexi Wartrainius*

For the perpetual remembrance of this great accomplishment, Wartrain admires the speedy and respected Dricus Frisii
*Wartrain humbly bows*

posted 10 December 2005 19:05 EDT (US)     18 / 40  
- Loyalty is now available with all shadow factions.

Which factions are Shadow factions?

posted 11 December 2005 03:58 EDT (US)     19 / 40  
- Which factions are Shadow factions?

Ostrogoths are the only obvious ones that come to mind... as others have pointed out there are "White Huns" encoded but not used...

It would be kind of cool to have various compatible barbarian factions revolt back and forth (Burgundi/Lombardi - Alemanni, etc.), which would give you an additional way to take enemy cities... send in spies to foster discontent until the city revolts over to you.

posted 11 December 2005 14:53 EDT (US)     20 / 40  
Romano British, Western Roman Rebels, Eastern Roman Rebels, and Ostrogoths. They're pretty much the only shadow factions. If the Moors or White Huns were put into the game, they would be as well.

posted 11 December 2005 14:59 EDT (US)     21 / 40  
The Slavs are Shadows too, Ace.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 12 December 2005 15:55 EDT (US)     22 / 40  
"We have fixed a bug that causes hordes to avoid fighting armies on bridges on the campaign map."

Wait, isn't that smart? On bridge battles, attackers are at a huge disadvantage, so they shouldn't seek that fight. And when it's dealing with the future of your people (in the horde), it is even more important to be careful and choose battles wisely.

"Put your trust in God, but keep your powder dry." -Oliver Cromwell
posted 12 December 2005 17:33 EDT (US)     23 / 40  
but then the player puts a peasent on a bridge and then the horde is stuck in dacia and can't invade the ERE. I was wondering why they didn't attack my forts on the rivers...but that wouldn't of been a river battle, so that doesn't explain it...

~Albert Einstein
posted 12 December 2005 17:42 EDT (US)     24 / 40  

Quote:

The Slavs are Shadows too, Ace.

Who do they shadow? Sarmatians?

Quote:

"We have fixed a bug that causes hordes to avoid fighting armies on bridges on the campaign map."

Wait, isn't that smart? On bridge battles, attackers are at a huge disadvantage, so they shouldn't seek that fight. And when it's dealing with the future of your people (in the horde), it is even more important to be careful and choose battles wisely.

Yea, I mean, that does make a lot of sense. I've fought a horde on a bidge and it's a massacre, esspecially if you have plenty of archers. They slaughter units that try to swim.

posted 12 December 2005 18:09 EDT (US)     25 / 40  
and then when the horde sees the peasent they run away and the romans are safe again.

~Albert Einstein
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Barbarian Invasion Discussion » Patch Update
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames