Please login or register

Rome Strategy Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: MASSIVE income after the Senate becomes my protectorate
posted 18 September 2005 10:00 EDT (US)   
Well, the subject says it all, I conquered the House of Julii, and i was heading to take Rome, but I sent a Emmisary first, and I gave the protectorate thing a try, they accpeted it, and the next turn I have 200000+ denarii. Next turn I have 400000+ and so. I looked at the financial scroll, and theres a massive income from "Diplomacy and Tributes". Who is giving me that gold? The senate and their allies as a gift? I didnt ask for any tributes or payments. Have you seen this before?
Thx
Replies:
posted 18 September 2005 10:06 EDT (US)     1 / 17  
I must honestly and shamefully say, I've never tried the protectorate option before. That's a vast amount of income. Amazing...

And no, I've never seen anything that sweet before!

St Jimmy
Angel face and a taste for suicidal
posted 18 September 2005 10:22 EDT (US)     2 / 17  
Anyways, it's over, I think it was a gift. The House of Brutii attacked me and the Senate is no longer under my "protection", heh, nice word.
posted 18 September 2005 13:16 EDT (US)     3 / 17  
I've never been able to get a faction to become my protectorate. Ever.

(―`•._.•[ .:^:. ]•._.•΄―)
¨‘°ΊO.:.OΊ°‘¨
KaiserWinterfeldt ¨‘°ΊO.:.OΊ°‘¨
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt & Jet Jetboy Winterfeldt
(―`•._.•[ .::. ]•._.•΄―)
(―`•.__.•΄―)
(―v―)
posted 18 September 2005 13:39 EDT (US)     4 / 17  
I have, but I attack them after a turn or two.
posted 18 September 2005 13:54 EDT (US)     5 / 17  
hehe me too...

Only the good guys win...
Not because they nice but because they get to write it down in the books.

In other news check out this my first sig add...
Its to good old uh, halo the conquerers forums, if you like halo, and you like AoK then go on down!!

posted 18 September 2005 14:40 EDT (US)     6 / 17  

Quote:

I've never been able to get a faction to become my protectorate. Ever.

Me neither . I'm going to try harder though, if thats the sort of benefits you get from it .

_____•--« ΡΕTHίΙRT »--•_____
•--«――――RIP Woad Creations, RIP Shiva.――――»--•
«==========‡==========»
posted 18 September 2005 16:26 EDT (US)     7 / 17  
My guess as to why you got so much income is because you were drawing in money from all the Roman factions; but again that's just my guess.

Most factions don't give you that kind of income if they become your protectorate.

(―`•._.•[ .:^:. ]•._.•΄―)
¨‘°ΊO.:.OΊ°‘¨
KaiserWinterfeldt ¨‘°ΊO.:.OΊ°‘¨
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt & Jet Jetboy Winterfeldt
(―`•._.•[ .::. ]•._.•΄―)
(―`•.__.•΄―)
(―v―)
posted 19 September 2005 05:08 EDT (US)     8 / 17  
Recently, as Scipii, I forced the Numidians into becoming a protectorate. That was until I had positioned some of my armies at the gates of their last 3 settlements, and destroyed them in one turn. I now possess the western half of North Africa, bordering Egypt at the Lepcis Magna / Siwa border.
posted 19 September 2005 06:20 EDT (US)     9 / 17  
I've only managed it using the loadgame bug, so it doesn't really count.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
posted 19 September 2005 11:50 EDT (US)     10 / 17  
Are you playing 1.2 version?

In my game, I have successfully made the senate my protectorate only to be immediately declared an outlaw again and all my diplomacy with Roman Factions set back to War......so I don't know how you did what you did. Maybe I had to conquer anther roman faction first like you did?

Bender: "So do you know what I'm going to do before I do it?"
God: "Yes."
Bender: "But what if I do something else?"
God:"Then I don't know.
posted 19 September 2005 12:12 EDT (US)     11 / 17  
I thought you could never get a faction to be your protectorate if they only had one province without the loadgame bug. Since pretty much any faction with two or more terretories is either a threat or is holding land I want, I just kill them.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
posted 19 September 2005 15:09 EDT (US)     12 / 17  
I have never gotten it either. Once Dacia had only a single tiny city left, and I surrounded it. By that I mean I had citys all around it. I sent in my diplomate and they wouldnt accept. The have like 50 guys left in the entire army and i had like 8 full stacks, and still they didnt accept WTF man!

posted 19 September 2005 17:46 EDT (US)     13 / 17  
@ MaximusDecimus The same as you, I had the poor Senate surrounded by 5 huge armies.

@ JudetheObscure, yes i'm playing 1.2

posted 20 September 2005 01:23 EDT (US)     14 / 17  
I got Parthia to become protectorate and they had at least 2 full armies in the field, 5 settlements. But then again i had 7 fully stacked armies at the gates of there capital, it was the sweetest thing. Income was well pretty damn sweet i think 150000 after the first turn then 200000 the next.
posted 22 September 2005 03:51 EDT (US)     15 / 17  
I was playing as Parthia and became Egypt's protectorate. I found that I wasn't losing any money from it and it stopped Egypt attacking me, giving me time to gather enough forces for a knockout blow taking the nile delta, salamis, jerusalem and sidon simultaneously.
posted 22 September 2005 16:06 EDT (US)     16 / 17  
I forced the Seleucids to become a protectorate of my Egypt when they still had 2 or 3 provinces left. Go figure.
posted 25 September 2005 15:58 EDT (US)     17 / 17  
After I saw the "Protectorate Total War" thingy, I decided to try that. It is hilarious: I rampage around Europe using two full stack urban cohort armies, attacking capital cities and demanding they become my protectorate. On that game I have eleven provinces
as well as:
Gauls: 8
Iberians: 2
Carthage: 3
Macedonia: 4
Greek Cities: 3
Germans: 5
Dacians: 2
Thrace: soon to have 3
Egypt: soon to have 8
Seleucids: currently sieging all my major cities and blocking all my ports.
Sarmatians: Attacking one of my two armies

Hmm... 38 provinces without doing anything
I should have noticed the seleucid navy and their full stack armies.... too late.

For every second that it took me to write this, I will regain one by you wasting about 5 seconds reading it.
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Strategy Discussion » MASSIVE income after the Senate becomes my protectorate
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames