Please login or register

Rome Strategy Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: No archers, carthage
posted 10 November 2005 15:59 EDT (US)   
Who here considers this a weakness? I think to make up for it theys hould be able to train balearic slingers instead of regular slingers. But I think it takes away there capabilities against countries that you need archers against, like parthia
Replies:
posted 10 November 2005 17:09 EDT (US)     1 / 5  
I wouldnt call it a weakness necassarily.

Yeah, it sucks in sieges when the enemy has long range archers and I have nothing to answer with and in battles where they have myriads of archers to rain shit on my infantry, but they counter it with an almost unstoppable archer platform that gets right into the enemy ranks, shoots down into them and tosses them around like rag dolls.

Agaisnt parthia you have to have elephants.
March your line right up to theirs with elephants on your flanks and it will be very hard for them to turn your sides with cavalry archers.

Sir, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
Swallow my pride? No thank you, Im too full of myself.
I bring you nothing but love and a shopping bag full of sexual depravity.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Tied with Meteora (****er) for Best Sig Award.
posted 10 November 2005 19:45 EDT (US)     2 / 5  
i had a very difficult time with Egyptians when I was with Carthage. Their archers are very hard to beat. I haven't figured out how to fight yet because elephants got scary so it does not work. I still use lots of cavalry for the moment but I suffer heavy casaulties.
posted 10 November 2005 20:53 EDT (US)     3 / 5  
I am currently playing a carthage campaign (view my progress in the Carthage Imperial Campaign Tips thread) and i have had no problem with carthages lack of archers.

Unless i am playing a faction that has awesome archers i dont usually use them. Carthage's slingers and skirmishers suck so i just make up for them with elephants

posted 11 November 2005 02:03 EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Well in campaign, Balearacs do very well agains those pesky Roman infantries. I recruit them ASAP. Also, they are good for killing those 5+ star faction heir defending the town square.

In MP, Mass SB Cavalry+Mass upgraded RS Cavalry rips through most formations. One has to be good at cavalry maneuvres though.

Michael Jackson
posted 11 November 2005 02:09 EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Interstingly enough, Elephants can be used as archers.

Just press the alt key, than attack the unit, I have found they are pretty tank archers, have fun

But yeah us Carthaginians need archers that can use flaming arrows! And elephants are far more effective in the front lines, but I guess if u want those archers...

Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Strategy Discussion » No archers, carthage
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames