Please login or register

Rome Strategy Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Epic walls
posted 18 November 2005 03:28 EDT (US)   
How are the epic walls? I've built a couple in my day, but just like the description says, armies have decided to try their luck against other cities than run up against the epics.

So has anyone had to defend epic walls against invaders? What makes them better than large stone?

Replies:
posted 18 November 2005 03:37 EDT (US)     1 / 5  
I have both attacked cities with epic walls and defended them, and the differences is that they can take much more damage (you will have to fire on them longer before they collaps), the siege towers looks like they are made completely out of metal (I havn't been able to confirm it, but it seems like they can take more damage too), there are more towers and the towers make more damage (they are the only thing execpt for siege weapons that can hurt urbans in testeudo from a range).
posted 19 November 2005 11:39 EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Roughtly the same as the difference between a regular and large stone wall.
posted 19 November 2005 15:37 EDT (US)     3 / 5  
I never noticed it in RTW, but in BI (and asumingly with the 1.3 patch, though it could have been there before) enemy siege towers depend on the type of your walls.

If you have normal stone walls the siege towers shoot arrows, no problem for most troops. If you have large stone walls however the blasted things seem to have multiple ballistae on board and standing on the section of the wall they are aproaching is extremely hazardous to your health.

So I never upgrade stone walls anymore.

Lord Dragatus, 30th member of BTOOIC, The One Who Killed the Cow.
posted 19 November 2005 17:25 EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Actually, the return for this is that epic stone wall towers also are equipped with their own ballistas. And they have unlimited ammo, as long as you own them.
posted 20 November 2005 05:24 EDT (US)     5 / 5  
They don't have unlimited ammo, it's just plenty. With Epic Stone Walls, you can't build ladders and I don't think you can sap. Towers also have Ballistae in them.

In campaign, the larger the walls, the longer a city can hold out when besieged.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Strategy Discussion » Epic walls
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames