Please login or register

Rome Strategy Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Armenians
posted 29 November 2005 17:15 EDT (US)   
could anyone give me a little help with these i am having diffculty playing this fraction i cant stable an economy with this nation i have been able to stay out of debt through map infomation could anyone give me some tips.
Replies:
posted 29 November 2005 19:08 EDT (US)     1 / 5  
1: rais the taxes till all the faces are blue!
2: get all the trade rights you can, even if its from spain.(lol)
3:build all financial buildings.(ex:marketplace)
4:use all peasent garrason
5:if you have expanded enough, try to take some of the greek citys, or egyptian citys.
6:when you capture a city, all ways enslave, it boosts the population of other citys and make the city make a better profit

hope this helps with your economic problems!

----~~~A village in Texas is missing its idiot.~~~----
---------------------------------
|\____,-[ŻŻŻŻŻŻ]-,___,---,____________________,----,_
|#[==]+[II]-=-=(o)/[ŻŻŻ]-[ŻŻŻ]-[ŻŻŻ]-[ŻŻŻ]-[]/===]
|/ŻŻŻŻ/##/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ-------------------/ŻŻŻŻ
`````/##/
posted 30 November 2005 02:33 EDT (US)     2 / 5  
ill try that thank you for the help =)
posted 30 November 2005 05:53 EDT (US)     3 / 5  
Another fraction post? Btw, it is Faction kk?

I tried these guys out for awhile, while their horse antics are fun for the start, getting 50+ territories with them I find gets a little boring.

Definately, your income is the first thing your concerne about, get all the income making buildings. Actually, everything you want to do with your cities Centurion Brutii posted.

Next, time to take cities down. There should be a rebel city between you and Parthia, take that with a little army, but focus on the Pontus capital, once captured, exterminate the pop, and you keep on expanding through Pontus, perhaps an alliace with the Seluecids?

Also selling map information will give you extra denari.
After this expand on Parthia if they bother you first, than the rest or the Asian Minor will give you decent income.

posted 01 December 2005 11:15 EDT (US)     4 / 5  
any more info ?
posted 01 December 2005 15:26 EDT (US)     5 / 5  
I've tried out the Armenians myself on vh/h and it wasn't so troublesome as it might seem...

I managed to stay out of trouble for few turns, put on high taxes - very high started to shrink my population - and build up roads, mines, traders and so on.
Then I had a stroke of luck - my spy discovered, that Parthians had obviously turned their back on me - probably conquering Arabia or hell knows what - and left their nearest province garrisoned only by their 64-year old leader.
I waited until he threw his spoon into a corner, then took the undefended province and marched on towards their capital - only with cavalry - those that were given in the beginning - and general. I had luck once more - their army of 2 gangs of cataphracts, general, 1 horse archers and bit of infantry didn't dare to charge out, so I starved the city and took it without battle.
Right after that, two full stack armies of eastern infantry came up from the south, you can imagine what chances they had...
So I destroyed what was left of Parthia, then started to send out assassins, killing off Pontic and Seleucid families and torching their buildings (which is great fun - an assassin with a subterfuge level of 10 is pretty good asset ). My neighbours are also very conveniently all war amongst themselves (Seleucid, Pontus, Greeks, Thrace and Egypt)
Its been some 20 years now and I own what was once Parthia and half of Scythia - 8 provinces altogether. I have decent economy and I wait another good chance.

I would object to centurion Brutii in two points:
First, *kill off* cities you conquer - short-term cash may be of crucial difference, while too quick population growth in your home cities may become an annoyance - lower taxes, more garrison (more upkeep) - at the same time you cannot afford new buildings.

Second - your initial enemy is *Parthia*, not Egypt(!). Seleucids and Egypt probably start picking on each other, so they won't trouble you, while these purple bastards start pestering your borders (as they virtually have little other borders )However - you might also turn against Seleucia - their starting armies compose mainly of peasants, militia hoplites, levy pikemen...stuff like that. Simply a targets for your HA's. And they might even have somebody third on their ass too...

Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Strategy Discussion » Armenians
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames