Please login or register

Rome Strategy Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Carthage advice
posted 11 December 2005 16:39 EDT (US)   
Hi, right now I'm playing RT: Realism, but for all intents and purposes you can ignore that.
In my carthage campaign, I have two armies and a sizable fleet. One army is in spain, and has conquered about half of the region. The other army is my best yet, and was deplyed into libya to watch an egyptian army that I think has some ambitions that would succeed at my expense. Rome
(rome is one faction) is at war with me, but I have blockaded all the ports on the penisula, save those in the adriatic. I have all of sicily, and what would pass for carthage, thapsus, lepsis magna, and cirta, but with alot more cities, corboda, carthago nova, and osca. I stress that these are the territories i own, but there are many more cities and towns than there are in RTW.
What My question is..
should i
1. start biulding mines in spain to produce revenue, (this is the purpose of conquering spain, for the mines.) and send spies to check out three cities on the southern gibralter coast and possibly take them over,
2. go on the offensive against egypt, and crush their tresspassing army and then send an expiditionary force into the agean to take their island holdings (almost every island there is a city, with a port, and taking them over would increase my revenue, I could hold these islands with a good fleet and maybe take coastal territories in the region)
3. should i crush the egyptians, furnish some artillery, and then land my army next to rome and immidiatly assualt it, sack it, and start a costly (for them) war and eventually make the romans my subjects.
i can only do one of these options, as my resources are considerably strechted.

Replies:
posted 11 December 2005 19:01 EDT (US)     1 / 6  
i ahve played RTR before and i have some advice. sence you say that your suuuplies are low, deffinatyl buid up on mines in spain, then after that, take your armie in spain and attack rome from the north, like Hannobla did, and take your other armie and land them in the south of the peninsula. and attack bothe flanks of the roman empire. that way they have to divide thier forces to defende their terrotory.

----~~~A village in Texas is missing its idiot.~~~----
---------------------------------
|\____,-[ŻŻŻŻŻŻ]-,___,---,____________________,----,_
|#[==]+[II]-=-=(o)/[ŻŻŻ]-[ŻŻŻ]-[ŻŻŻ]-[ŻŻŻ]-[]/===]
|/ŻŻŻŻ/##/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ-------------------/ŻŻŻŻ
`````/##/
posted 11 December 2005 19:43 EDT (US)     2 / 6  
I would stay far away from the Egyptians, especially if you still have the Romans to worry about. Kill the Romans First IMO, they have very well developed cities.
posted 11 December 2005 20:36 EDT (US)     3 / 6  
this is what ill do, I will conquer and consolidate spain, and scare off the egyptians with a battle, and with that settled sail to carthage, retrain, and aquire artillery, and then land near rome and assualt it immiediatly.
the romans will get screwed with their largest city and capitol gone, gauls in the north, and all ports blockaded, along with an army smack dab in the middle.
posted 12 December 2005 18:36 EDT (US)     4 / 6  
one flaw in your plan is that with one battle you will not "scare" the egyptions away( or ptolematic empire) they will start to attack you. i would weight untill later to attack the egyptians.

----~~~A village in Texas is missing its idiot.~~~----
---------------------------------
|\____,-[ŻŻŻŻŻŻ]-,___,---,____________________,----,_
|#[==]+[II]-=-=(o)/[ŻŻŻ]-[ŻŻŻ]-[ŻŻŻ]-[ŻŻŻ]-[]/===]
|/ŻŻŻŻ/##/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ-------------------/ŻŻŻŻ
`````/##/
posted 17 December 2005 05:48 EDT (US)     5 / 6  
Blockade all the Roman ports, and also, surround them so that nothing can escape and so render the Romans irrelevant. Take all of Spain, all of Africa and crush the Egyptians. Then turn your attention to Rome, crush it and finally take all of Asia Minor before turning on Greece. You will then dominate all of the Mediterranean and rule over all the nice rich provinces.
posted 26 December 2005 01:46 EDT (US)     6 / 6  
You said you had an army in spain heres what to do with it. First of all build mines as fast as possoble because time is of the ecense!whille your building mines attack those three cities. After finishing with mines you should have a stable economy. As for the Egytians dont waste your time on them you bigger fish to fry! The romans are still alive blast them. After conquering all of Spainstart to haras the barbarians. In Spain build another army and send to releave your forces attacking the barbarians. After alot of fighting you should have conquered Gaul wich is important when your going to attack Rome. Sicilly is the key if you want you want to conquer Rome. Ill get back to that later.

They call me "Thunderbelt"
cut me down to something else
shawty something else
hot enough to make the summer melt

Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Strategy Discussion » Carthage advice
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames