Please login or register

Rome Strategy Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: units dropping dead after losing bridge battle
posted 12 December 2005 11:38 EDT (US)   
I noticed this in quite some bridgebattles already. If you defend at bridge, blocking one end and manage to rout the enemy, then you have a big chance that the enemy infantry suddenly all drop dead before they have a chance to leave the bridge.

is this a bug or what?

Replies:
posted 12 December 2005 11:48 EDT (US)     1 / 3  
Does the entire unit literally drop dead simultaneously, or just die very fast? If the battle was ending, and the enemy had to fight to the death or win, this might occur. They can fall in the water and drown, but should not fall over dead simply because they rout. What patch are you playing? Any mods installed? Let's see if it happens after a day or two when the new Patch 1.5/1.6 is out.
posted 13 December 2005 10:26 EDT (US)     2 / 3  

Quote:

but should not fall over dead simply because they rout.

actuelly that's what they do +-two seconds after the route started.
I had it happen through all different patches. (I've played RTW from the moment it just got in stores)
I almost never have the enemy fight to dead. "Let them run and chase them" is my motto.

Only all factions mod installed

posted 13 December 2005 20:45 EDT (US)     3 / 3  
Can anyone else comment with first-hand knowledge on this? I have not seen it myself, but I have not had bridge battles under the same circumstances evidently, or maybe I just missed it, and assumed my units did the killing with out knowing the 'drop dead' was occurring. My intent in 90% of my bridge battles is to destroy all the enemy forces, and it is usually a challenge to cut off all the escapees... so my attention is often not in the bridge area in the waning parts of such a battle where my infantry/archers are still comfortably banging heads sometimes.

I'm still not clear on something: When the units drop dead, does the battle end at that point? Or does the battle continue, but there is a steaming new pile of corpses where 2 seconds ago there were fighting enemy soldiers? Have you seen it happen to archers? Do you recall just what kinds of infantry specifically died (e.g., warband? phalanx?).

I know that I have routed and chased enemy Phalanx from the bridge without them droping dead with Patch 1.2, totally stock (no mods at all). But I don't recall specifics on others.

Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Strategy Discussion » units dropping dead after losing bridge battle
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames