You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 51 52 53 54 55 ··· 58  Next Page »
posted 07 December 2008 04:28 EDT (US)   
Hotseat game status: - Sicily has won on turn 115

Players (in turn order): (with links to write-ups) plus some other links where I consider it to be funny

Selifator: England
Kilij Ae Varyl: Spain

Venice - FACTION DESTROYED

Me Sicily

EoJ: Turks
I think I might have referenced this video before in the first crusade
This might be more appropriate... Looks like I was right there

Rankings - Turn 101

Rankings - Turn 69

Subs
Glacier_Girl played as sub for England - T29, T30
- played as sub for Sicily - T33

Monty501 played as sub for Spain T30, T 31
JuBuOrangie played as sub for Venice - T31 to T40
Lloydsgamble played as sub for Venice T41 to 42
Brutiangodofrock played as sub for Venice T43 to T65
Zsmart one played as sub for Turks T50 to T65
Hashoosh played as sub for Turks T64

Rules to note:

No 'exploiting' of any kind (e.g. putting forts on resources and stocking them with merchants) nor reloading your go to get a better result.

If I don't hear from a player within 4 days of receiving a turn, I will try to find a sub to take the turn.

If you don't expect to be able to play within 4 days, just let me know - extensions are fine (preferably not too often though please). I'll send a reminder email after a couple of days as a prompt.

If you expect an extended absence, e.g. not being able to play for over a week, you're invited to arrange a sub, giving them instructions etc so your turn is played as you'd like it to be.

An 'un-arranged' sub has the option to take over after 2 weeks or 10 turns The '2 weeks' here looks a little low, but the turn limit looks high?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 01-18-2013 @ 01:21 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02 March 2011 10:56 EDT (US)     1301 / 1439  
So, lads, let's play a game. Who wants to step on my toes first, and thus get the ole' Mongols headed their way? I'm playing Russian roulette with Ziggy Stardust, Paris and Rome.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 03 March 2011 07:53 EDT (US)     1302 / 1439  
Which one is Ziggy Stardust again? There is a bit of a downside to this name changing lark...

EoJ and I have discussed (a bit) having someone do a commentary on the progress of the hotseat, sort of as a after action report or as some sort of historical thing. If anyone is interested in that, I think we're far enough on that we should be happy with someone trawling through the first say 25 turns to see how everyone was moving and dealing with each other.
It'd be good if all the current players would confirm whether or not they're happy with that happening - I personally think enough has happened that the first 25, or maybe even 50, turns would be safe.

Any volunteers for the task? I personally don't have the time or writing skills. We should maybe ask in the writing sub-forum if noone here wants to (being presumptive there).
posted 03 March 2011 12:44 EDT (US)     1303 / 1439  
I'd love to have a go, but I reckon someone with more time should do it

And yes, some of the writers in the Bardic circle who know M2TW would do some rather epic things with it, I think.

posted 03 March 2011 12:46 EDT (US)     1304 / 1439  
Im okay with someone going through the first 50 turns, I do not personally have the time to go through with it though.

TheGodfather.
posted 09 March 2011 07:17 EDT (US)     1305 / 1439  
As an update, I'm waiting to hear back from Awesomated88 on progress with his England turn - it was due to be done by now but I imagine the Turks have tried to confuse / delay things somehow (if in doubt, blame the Turks, that's what I say).
Given that I received turn 72 on the 9th of Feb, I'm hopeful that I'll get 73 before the 9th of March - but time's sort of running out on that one.
Hopefully the next round will be a bit smoother and more free-flowing.

EoJ, since you're probably a more frequent visitor/contributor to the Bardic Circle (even knowing its name...) would you mind seeking a willing worker there? Hopefully someone has been longing for some subject material that doesn't follow a typical AI based muddle. Also having a third party write the story allows them full access to the campaign write-ups that are about. I give my full permission for pictures to be pinched from the Sicily write-up.
posted 09 March 2011 09:52 EDT (US)     1306 / 1439  
We also have a lot of e-mails between us which can be forwarded on for interesting reading.

Put a note in the Bardic Circle.

posted 09 March 2011 15:37 EDT (US)     1307 / 1439  
sorry guys i have been a bit busy with school.. I will definately do it this arvo...

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda

[This message has been edited by awesomated88 (edited 03-09-2011 @ 03:38 PM).]

posted 10 March 2011 05:29 EDT (US)     1308 / 1439  
just waiting on a reply from EOJ that i will click the end turn button... My terms are more than reasonable....

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
posted 10 March 2011 06:00 EDT (US)     1309 / 1439  
Yep, agreed to 'em.

posted 10 March 2011 07:10 EDT (US)     1310 / 1439  
Boo for trusting the Turks

Unless you're only pretending to trust them, or maybe you're talking about the terms of the Turks' unconditional surrender to the coalition (the absence of conditions making it quite an easy negotiation).

I've posted clips of the Black Knight from Monty Python's Holy Grail film before - but I might need to do that again soon if I can provoke EoJ into launching his jihad. As long as he doesn't find out my plan somehow.

Nobody expects the Spanish (whatever it's called where the Spanish are utterly annihilated in about 3 turns).
posted 10 March 2011 08:56 EDT (US)     1311 / 1439  
Nobody expects the Spanish (whatever it's called where the Spanish are utterly annihilated in about 3 turns).
Implosion, yes
Unless you're only pretending to trust them, or maybe you're talking about the terms of the Turks' unconditional surrender to the coalition (the absence of conditions making it quite an easy negotiation).
Mm, the guy's roleplaying a chivalrous king. I'm not exactly down with underhand tactics for the sake of it, either. Regardless, he won't get his money if the terms are violated (seeing as I will probably have to send a diplomat or vice versa).
And you did have conditions for the surrender- a certain "give up all provinces in Greece" one. I'd be happy for peace, seeing as I do not wish to expand into Europe- it's not favourable. I just had a predecessor who took vengeance on an untrustworthy ally.

posted 11 March 2011 02:34 EDT (US)     1312 / 1439  
save sent..

By the way EOJ i was just about to lift the siege but i realized that when i first got the save, i hopped on and took the town...sorry your generals are dead..

posted 11 March 2011 05:53 EDT (US)     1313 / 1439  
By the way EOJ i was just about to lift the siege but i realized that when i first got the save, i hopped on and took the town...sorry your generals are dead..
I think you'll find my generals actually weren't in the city, but hiding somewhere. So I'm still willing to pay to have them free passage.

posted 11 March 2011 06:51 EDT (US)     1314 / 1439  
oh...well then ok...

posted 11 March 2011 07:19 EDT (US)     1315 / 1439  
I miss my Sicilian surveillance network - I think the watchtower coverage was probably up there with Bandito's Turks' (admittedly over a smaller land mass - even counting Africa).

I'll probably get the Spanish turn done at some point this weekend.

edit: I got there/their wrong - how shameful

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 03-11-2011 @ 07:20 AM).]

posted 11 March 2011 12:30 EDT (US)     1316 / 1439  
I miss my Sicilian surveillance network - I think the watchtower coverage was probably up there with Bandito's Turks' (admittedly over a smaller land mass - even counting Africa).
Hey, the Spanish network's OK. It just doesn't cover anything interesting.

posted 11 March 2011 18:13 EDT (US)     1317 / 1439  
The righteous have no need for fancy intelligence networks! Our faith in the Lord is all we need! And some money, if you would be so helpful. *shakes a cup filled with change*

Change please, kind sir? I have need to fund a religious conquest. Change?

"The only one here who could possibly help us is Edorix. Unfortunately, he is busy off killing Romans right now."- GundamMerc (an imagined quote)
posted 17 March 2011 23:06 EDT (US)     1318 / 1439  
Could someone take up my position? Its easy, really, you just need to make peace with all the human players and get some money to kill off russia.

"The only one here who could possibly help us is Edorix. Unfortunately, he is busy off killing Romans right now."- GundamMerc (an imagined quote)
posted 18 March 2011 04:08 EDT (US)     1319 / 1439  
Ahh, righto, are we looking for a permanent replacement then rather than just a turn or two while you're having computer access issues?
(The joys of mixing email and forum discussions)

If any of the volunteer subs fancy trying their hand then please say - otherwise maybe it's just a case of giving Venetian lands to the Russians or just 'end turn'ing Venice each time. It seems a shame as I thought GundamMerc had made quite good progress with diplomacy and getting support in from each of his rather powerful neighbours.

Brutian, do you fancy taking it back with an environment less focused on wiping out Venice than it was when you last played it?
posted 18 March 2011 12:52 EDT (US)     1320 / 1439  

Hi guys, it's a-me, Mario! Oh wait, that's not right. Selifator!

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 18 March 2011 17:54 EDT (US)     1321 / 1439  
Sorry, I meant take it up while I have computer issues. Just to be clear.

posted 29 March 2011 08:40 EDT (US)     1322 / 1439  
Right, a bit of a slip up there - someone (mentioning no names, SwampRat you muppet) didn't edit an email subject and TheGodfather didn't realise he had the Sicily save - anyway, all sorted now and on to the Turks.
Hopefully, with a sub sorted for Venice and everyone else seeming to be all set, turn 74 will be smoother.
posted 29 March 2011 15:35 EDT (US)     1323 / 1439  
Erm, I can't play the save. It won't load

posted 31 March 2011 00:45 EDT (US)     1324 / 1439  
Dammit EoJ, that isn't smoother!

posted 31 March 2011 13:24 EDT (US)     1325 / 1439  
My apologies. Sent.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 51 52 53 54 55 ··· 58  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames