You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Help! Can't install BI
posted 08 January 2006 21:06 EDT (US)   
I have RTW installed in the default folder but when I attempt to install Barbarian invasion a window pops up saying that no prior installation of RTW was found. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling RTW but it still doesn't work :C
Replies:
posted 08 January 2006 21:30 EDT (US)     1 / 6  
It would help if you more fully describe your uninstall process, and just what happened in the install of RTW. When you installed RTW, did it test good? Did you patch it before installing BI? If so, how?

What are the exact phrases used by the program when BI is installed, and just when in the process do they happen?

It sounds like the registry is not configured properly, and so BI does not think RTW is installed. Are you using a full retail disk set, and installing from CDROM? Or a desktop install?

posted 08 January 2006 21:44 EDT (US)     2 / 6  
I used the full retail disk set and installed RTW from the CDROM. It worked fine. I didn't do a Manual uninstall and it uninstalled successfully. I reinstalled RTW from the CD ROM and it worked fine. RTW was patched to 1.2.

It just said that no prior installation of RTW was found. Installation will now terminate. The window pops up right after agreeing to the terms and conditions in the beginning of the installation process.

RTW still works fine when I reinstalled it. I'm not at My home computer so I can't submit all the specs, I definetly meet more than the recommended requirements though.

posted 08 January 2006 22:01 EDT (US)     3 / 6  

Quote:

I used the full retail disk set and installed RTW from the CDROM. It worked fine. I didn't do a Manual uninstall and it uninstalled successfully. I reinstalled RTW from the CD ROM and it worked fine. RTW was patched to 1.2.

If the game reinstalls to 1.0, then you should not need to do a manual uninstall. That's because RTW 1.0 rewrites the registry entries when in installs. The 1.2 checks some of those entries, and installs.

Quote:

It just said that no prior installation of RTW was found. Installation will now terminate. The window pops up right after agreeing to the terms and conditions in the beginning of the installation process.

The only thing I can think of is to try installing BI to a RTW 1.0 install (you do not need 1.2, and CA says to patch to 1.3, then 1.5... or 1.4, then 1.6).

Quote:

RTW still works fine when I reinstalled it. I'm not at My home computer so I can't submit all the specs, I definetly meet more than the recommended requirements though.

With that error message, the min requirements are not the problem. It is checking something, and something is not set to its liking. That something is either a registry entry, or possible a program file.
posted 08 January 2006 22:10 EDT (US)     4 / 6  
it's been reinstalling to V1.2, should I lose the patch and reinstall it to V1.0 then attempt to install BI? Or should I delete the relevent RTW registry files and then reinstall?

P.S. appreciate the help.

posted 08 January 2006 22:34 EDT (US)     5 / 6  

Quote:

it's been reinstalling to V1.2, should I lose the patch and reinstall it to V1.0 then attempt to install BI?

As long as the normal uninstall works (you know if it did by seeing if RTW 1.0 installs properly), no need for the manual uninstall.

Try installing 1.0, then BI (which is 1.4). Then test it. Then install patch 1.6, and the Rome/Epona fix.

posted 08 January 2006 22:41 EDT (US)     6 / 6  
I'll try that when I get home. Thanks
Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » Help! Can't install BI
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames