You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Another far more annoying bug - game closes at end turn
posted 08 April 2008 08:16 EDT (US)   
I'm doing good in my campaign as the Julii. I've already finished the campaign objections, I own Europe and my only current enemy, the Brutii, is all but beaten.

Now, while preparing to take over the rest of the world, I hit the end turn button and all is fine, right up to scythia/rebels, when the game suddenly closes. No error message or anything, it doesn't freeze, it's just gone and I'm looking at my desktop. This happened yesterday, so I thought maybe something went wrong with the specific configuration of the factions, so I continued with a previous save game. Then all was well for a while, until the same thing happened again. I think it may have been in the same turn as before.

Can anyone give me any clue as what the problem might be an more importantly how to fix it? Because this is gloriously frustrating.
Replies:
posted 08 April 2008 08:39 EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Some people have reported a game crash at a specific date. I think you've run into that. The only thing you could try to get past it is to alter the date with a savegame editor, but this can cause other problems.

Hussarknight
posted 08 April 2008 11:39 EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Moved to Technical Help forum.

It sounds like you are having exactly the same problem as another forumer in this topic from yesterday.
posted 08 April 2008 12:46 EDT (US)     3 / 5  
I'm not sure, mine was at 120 bc.

However, I've googled it and found a way to fix it.

So if anyone has this problem, you can go to http://personalpages.tds.net/~mzimmer/, download the Historic_events.txt file and replace the original file of same name with the downloaded file. I did this and it worked fine.

I don't know if this works for similar crashes at other points of the game, because the 120bc mark was mentioned where I found the link to the file.

I don't know if this works for similar crashes at other points of the game, because the 120bc mark was mentioned where I found the link to the file.

[This message has been edited by Oolon Colluphid (edited 04-08-2008 @ 12:48 PM).]

posted 08 April 2008 13:58 EDT (US)     4 / 5  
I was having the exact same problem, Oolon, and I did the fix you suggested and it appears to have worked. Thank you so much!
posted 08 April 2008 18:37 EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Brilliant Oolon! Thank you for sharing that with us. I will be linking to this topic from the Technical Help index.
Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » Another far more annoying bug - game closes at end turn
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames