You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Holy Roman Party VIII - Are you my mummy?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 61 62 63 64 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 102  Next Page »
posted 24 April 2008 12:22 EDT (US)   

I want my mummy

Are you dazed, confused and possibly lost? Be worried no longer! Simply follow these steps and you'll feel better directly:

1. While you are trying to find your way in this terrible life, you may want to subscribe to a variety of wonderful magazines we are offering.
    2. Do not talk gibberish. We do not understand gibberish. People who speak gibberish will go to hell. Sorry, scratch that. People who speak gibberish will go to Hull. Do not spam!
    3. Having conversations with yourself may be a symptom of schizophrenia. We will not tolerate that here. Do not double post!
    4. Just because you are lost and confused and worrying about life does not mean you can thump people in their face or hit them with a brick. Do not flame or troll!
    5. We may deny it, but none of us are really humans. We're all simply machines, but we prefer to keep quiet about it. Therefore, do not discuss metal!
    6. Rule 6? Never heard of it. Are your perhaps interested in this wonderful magazine?
    7. Do not discuss your mummy.
    8. First one to reach the top: post the TWH flag!

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor

[This message has been edited by Kor (edited 08-10-2008 @ 03:38 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08 July 2008 11:46 EDT (US)     1526 / 2533  
Congratulations CaesarVincens! In Norway, 19 is the most pointless age you can become.
It ain't much better in the states!

Veni, Vidi, well... you know.

Extended Cultures, A modification of RTW.

Si hoc legere posses, Latinam linguam scis.
ɪf ju kęn ɹid šɪs, ju noʊ liŋgwɪstɪks.
posted 08 July 2008 12:15 EDT (US)     1527 / 2533  

Well, would you look at that...
posted 08 July 2008 14:21 EDT (US)     1528 / 2533  
So Nadal is a carthaginian. Who knew?

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his-George Patton
You can get a lot more with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone-Al Capone
Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo-H.G. Wells
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity-Karl Marx
posted 08 July 2008 15:28 EDT (US)     1529 / 2533  
Well, would you look at that...
... Simple, but brilliant.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 08 July 2008 16:12 EDT (US)     1530 / 2533  
Well Spain was an Carthaginian colony before the Second Punic War.

I recommend Andalus's post to be in the quotes thread!

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.
posted 08 July 2008 17:05 EDT (US)     1531 / 2533  
No. Just make a toon out of it.

posted 08 July 2008 18:08 EDT (US)     1532 / 2533  
Check out the top news item. All hail archaeologist Andalus.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

posted 08 July 2008 20:09 EDT (US)     1533 / 2533  
Jax and Tryhard, now is my hour of need: I'm in Spellhold, and that bitch Bodhi has just kicked my sorry ass into "The Maze". What do I do from here? And how do I stop that ****ing wall from squishing me?

Sorry Vault, you know the rules- EoJ

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 07-09-2008 @ 06:13 AM).]

posted 09 July 2008 09:19 EDT (US)     1534 / 2533  
Wow. I didn't expect that to be newsied...
posted 09 July 2008 11:28 EDT (US)     1535 / 2533  
I´m actually in your favourite former Carthaginian colony right now, typing this between two sessions of mathematics. Spanish keyboards are a hell to work with. I don´t know how long I´ll be able to use the internet. If not at all, wish me luck (see link in sig).
posted 09 July 2008 11:50 EDT (US)     1536 / 2533  
Spanish keyboards are a hell to work with.
You're not kidding there.

Wishing you luck...
posted 09 July 2008 12:13 EDT (US)     1537 / 2533  
I had to type on a French one before- that was quite interesting.

posted 09 July 2008 12:38 EDT (US)     1538 / 2533  
Spanish keyboards are a hell to work with.
Turkish keyboards are the work of the devil. German ones are not particularly pleasant either.

Ahm Heribeus
Is a suits murmur
posted 09 July 2008 16:00 EDT (US)     1539 / 2533  
In the Netherlands we just use US keyboards, and those work quite well. But then again, Dutch doesn´t use as much strange letters as other European languages. Trying to type Vietnamese on a regular keyboard would be hell (open the Vietnamese wikipedia on a random page to see what I mean).
posted 09 July 2008 16:07 EDT (US)     1540 / 2533  
Or Old Chinese or Russian

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 09 July 2008 16:13 EDT (US)     1541 / 2533  
Like this?

http://map.tni.nl/articles/keymatrix/yamaha_russian_keyboard.jpg

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...

[This message has been edited by Ischenous (edited 07-09-2008 @ 04:19 PM).]

posted 09 July 2008 17:54 EDT (US)     1542 / 2533  
Off to Berlin! Tschüss!

Ahm Heribeus
Is a suits murmur
posted 09 July 2008 18:32 EDT (US)     1543 / 2533  
french keyboards just have their letters rearranged Its not that hard once you get used to it.
posted 09 July 2008 22:42 EDT (US)     1544 / 2533  
All keyboards are devilspawn, real men type with telepathy.

(\__/)Gambling is a tax on people who are bad at math
(O.o )a Kilometre is whats known in American as "too far to walk", and a litre is known as "too much beer for one man".-Bored Scotsman
( >< )Beer brands are the power ranger action figures for adults.-Angelo the Sailor
Easter is indeed very commercial. But hey, that's what keeps the economy going. Discussion is useless, chocolate eggs are delicious. Voila.-TheKid951
posted 10 July 2008 13:05 EDT (US)     1545 / 2533  
French keyboards just have their letters rearranged Its not that hard once you get used to it
Yes, one can use easily a French or English keyboard alternatively.
Problem with an English keyboard, when you write French, is that many software do not cope with the accents: the Ctrl-things you can use on e.g. Word do not work. I use Wordpad besides and copy/paste.
Jax and Tryhard, now is my hour of need: I'm in Spellhold, and that bitch Bodhi has just kicked my sorry ass into "The Maze". What do I do from here? And how do I stop that ****ing wall from squishing me?
You do not finish off Bodhi. It is for later. You make her give up for once.
The wall is a no go area. Unstoppable. You have to use the stairs the other way round.

Edit: I realize I did not read your post properly. What do you do in the maze? Ah. Get away would be an idea.
The maze is interesting. Though I never managed to solve the enigma of the enigma-sculptures, even with tricks from the internet. So I do not know what I could have got with that.

You are not on your way to see the light soon anyway, boy.
Be a listener with the dark elves, the quests are really interesting, once you get rid of the boring Sahuagins.

Defender Of The Faith

The thing with tryhard is you can never tell if he's writing a gay erotica on purpose or not - Jax

[This message has been edited by Tryhard (edited 07-10-2008 @ 06:20 PM).]

posted 10 July 2008 17:54 EDT (US)     1546 / 2533  
Yes, one can use easily a French or English keyboard alternatively
Yeah, it's just a pain to keep typing Z all the time.

posted 10 July 2008 19:11 EDT (US)     1547 / 2533  
This is crazy........

Coinciding with the horror film thread I created, I was looking up various horror films, and I just read the synopsis for a film called "The Last House on the Left" - and.......well, I find it pretty hard to believe that a film that graphically violence and sexual as that would have been filmed as long ago as 1972. It's really extreme, and I would not see a film like that. It sounds really sick, worse than something like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hills have Eyes. As bad, or maybe still worse, than Cannibal Holocaust. Of course, this Wes Craven also directed the latter of those two.

I'm really shocked by that. Has anyone ever seen this film?

Neither the pure land nor hell exists outside oneself; both lie only within one’s own heart. Awakened to this, one is called a Buddha; deluded about it, one is called an ordinary person. The Lotus Sutra reveals this truth, and one who embraces the Lotus Sutra will realize that hell is itself the Land of Tranquil Light.
- Nichiren Daishonin
posted 10 July 2008 19:28 EDT (US)     1548 / 2533  
Surely a dark, brutal, edgy individual like yourself can't be shocked by a mere film?
posted 10 July 2008 19:44 EDT (US)     1549 / 2533  
Well, it's the time period. 1972 seems awfully early for something so.........no really, I admit I could not watch something like that. I know the point is to show how bad all of that violence is, but just reading it, the descriptions, seemed like something so perverted and disgusting and disturbing that.........well, probably the sickest film ever made. And back that early? I thought the production code was still in use back then, and I didn't think people even thought of such disgusting things so long ago..........

Nah. I've underestimated humanity's penchant for finding interest in the worst possible aspects of itself.

To use a bad analogy, it's like a serious version of a Cannibal Corpse song put onto film.

Neither the pure land nor hell exists outside oneself; both lie only within one’s own heart. Awakened to this, one is called a Buddha; deluded about it, one is called an ordinary person. The Lotus Sutra reveals this truth, and one who embraces the Lotus Sutra will realize that hell is itself the Land of Tranquil Light.
- Nichiren Daishonin
posted 10 July 2008 23:27 EDT (US)     1550 / 2533  
Well Tryhard, I made it out of the maze and the Sahuagins are driving me insane. But then the Sea Zombie Lord killed me due to carelessness, so now I'm back in the maze. With the statues, each one is a riddle and you've got to place the appropriate object in each statue, that answers the riddle. So, any tips for the Underdark/Sahuagin City?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 61 62 63 64 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 102  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Holy Roman Party VIII - Are you my mummy?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames