The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: TWH Census v3.0
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 15 September 2013 17:05 EDT (US)   

Welcome to the new and improved Total War Heaven census thread, based on a theme which was definitely not stolen from any of the other heavens! This thread is to allow forumers to share a little bit about themselves and to help people get to know one another and keep track of birthdays and such like. This census is intended to be renewed annually each September. I shall maintain it for the foreseeable future. If any of your information becomes outdated, please post in the thread to let us know.

If you feel like you should be on it, please sign up! This census currently represents 22 forumers and counting. Come and join our community!

Please provide as much or as little of the following information as you would like to be displayed:
Username - real name - location - birthday - occupation

Avatar UsernameReal NameLocationBirthdayOccupation
Terikel Grayhair Tèrikél Self-exile in the Netherlands7th CenturyViking Jarl
ScipiiMattPerth, Australia7th Apr 1992Student
PittJesseAustralia- -
General Sajaru Scott Midwest, USA March 1992 Engineer
Awesome Eagle Jordan Eastern Australia 5th June 1995 Student
SwampRatAndrewUK13th Feb 1983Tax consultant
Dominicus UltimusBrandonWest Palm Beach, Florida, USA27th June 1986Writer
AbdulSamihSyedUSA23rd Sep 1998Student
Alex_the_BoldAlexandrosAthens8th Oct 1996Student
BastWorshipperMichaelMobile, AL, USAOct 1976IS Manager
DarthDovah101PhilipGlasgow25th October 1995Student
Earl ScrufflesTomCentral England6th MarchStudent
EdorixΕΔΟΡΙΧϹIsland of Britain3rd century BCEApprentice druid
EnemyofJupitorJamesBirmingham9th Feb 1992Student
Enkidu of UrukJanBelgium15th FebruaryStudent
Hannibal the ConquerorEliasCompletely Random9th August 1997Student
IschenousWilliamNottingham28th March 1994Student
JaxMatOxfordshire27th March 1989Program Analyst
Jetkill FastmurderMayankIndia1st JuneStudent
Punic HebilTylerEdge of the Sea8th Sept 1993 AD / 700 BC [select one]Gunner's Mate
Scenter102AndrewOhio, USA27th April 1997Lazy high-schooler
Zsmart oneRyanDayton, Ohio, USA13th Jan 1995Student

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 05-11-2017 @ 11:48 AM).]

Replies:
posted 19 September 2013 23:27 EDT (US)     26 / 58  
Alex is the anglicised version of Elias, which is the Greek and Arabic translation of Elijah (the Latin version differs slightly)

I think it would be better to have the username as Hannibal instead.

"I long for Darkness."
- Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited.

"We are a species that ravages, plunders, kills, destroys, rapes and enslaves in the name of progress."
posted 20 September 2013 11:59 EDT (US)     27 / 58  
Philip

Glasgow, Scotland

25/10/1995

Student
posted 21 September 2013 03:09 EDT (US)     28 / 58  
Hannibal, I've put down your birthday as if you'd used the European date format, let me know if it's backwards.

I believe I'm still waiting for Afty, possibly Tryhard although I haven't seen him in a while, and presumably also at least one other person whom I've forgotten. That means we have approximately a round score of regulars - to be honest, that's not as bad as I had feared.

Some interesting statistics:

• One third (6/18) of current regular forumers are from the UK.
  • However, it is Australia with only three regulars in total with the highest number of staff-members - again one third (3/9).
  • The USA is the second largest contributor to the total number of forumers at 5/18, just behind the UK. It is also tied second with the UK in terms of proportion of staff with 2/9 each (or possibly tied first, depending on unknown locations).
  • There are only two forumers in the entirety of continental Europe. The remaining two forumers represent the Middle East and South Asia respectively. We currently have no East Asian, African or Central/South American representatives.
  • According to real-life occupation, Lord Eddie is by far the most important forumer to humbly grace these halls with his perfumed presence.

[This message has been edited by Lord Eddie (edited 09-21-2013 @ 03:22 AM).]

• posted 21 September 2013 05:35 EDT (US)     29 / 58  
    I'm also here!

William
    Nottingham
    28/03/94
    Student

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
    Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
    "TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
    posted 21 September 2013 08:21 EDT (US)     30 / 58  
    However, it is Australia with only three regulars in total with the highest number of staff-members - again one third (3/9).
    REPRESENT!!!

Haha, thanks for the insight Ed. It is truly interesting!

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
    History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
    Wars not make one great- Yoda
    posted 21 September 2013 12:51 EDT (US)     31 / 58  
    The UK is in the majority by far.
    posted 21 September 2013 14:18 EDT (US)     32 / 58  
    Jan
    Ghent, Belgium
    15/02/1992
    Student

posted 21 September 2013 17:36 EDT (US)     33 / 58  
    Scott
    Midwest, U.S.A
    March, 1992
    Student (for now)

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
    "Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
    "Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
    "I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
    My first book, The King's Own
    posted 22 September 2013 05:26 EDT (US)     34 / 58  
    Thanks everyone.

Some of you might want to check I got your details down correctly. For example, unfortunately I am unable pronounce Sumerian and thus am forced to resort to a more familiar phonetic transliteration.

posted 22 September 2013 06:13 EDT (US)     35 / 58  
    Me too.

Though Sumerian is strongly overrated.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
    Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
    Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
    Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
    posted 22 September 2013 06:43 EDT (US)     36 / 58  
    Kiddywinkle the Urg
    Hehe, nice.

posted 22 September 2013 07:02 EDT (US)     37 / 58  
    terikel wai u do dis
    posted 23 September 2013 10:24 EDT (US)     38 / 58  
    According to real-life occupation, Lord Eddie is by far the most important forumer to humbly grace these halls with his perfumed presence.
    What is a King without money? A tax consultant is clearly the most important person here.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
    posted 23 September 2013 11:02 EDT (US)     39 / 58  
    You are hereby found guilty of high treason. You will be summarily tried and executed...

... er, once I can afford law enforcement and an executioner, that is.

posted 23 September 2013 14:33 EDT (US)     40 / 58  
    So that's point conceded?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
    posted 24 September 2013 01:28 EDT (US)     41 / 58  
    No worries, Eo. I can always send in my Vikings with a longship and the Banhammer and free you from whatever irons he uses before the glaive falls.

Kings have historically had a hard time with Vikings until most of us became Christianized.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 09-24-2013 @ 01:30 AM).]

posted 24 September 2013 03:25 EDT (US)     42 / 58  
    You win today... but I am still king, in all but kingdom. Heheheheheh...

posted 26 September 2013 20:48 EDT (US)     43 / 58  
    My 'murican armies of Hicks in pickup trucks and cousins for wives will crush you and add your whore-daughters to our breeding pool.
    posted 27 September 2013 02:36 EDT (US)     44 / 58  
    With cousin-wives, sister-mistresses, and daughters who are also cousins as well as sister-in-laws, you surely need to add to the gene pool.

I shall be generous and donate Edinburgh to your gene pool, to help water down the DNA.

posted 27 September 2013 07:05 EDT (US)     45 / 58  
    Hmm... can't you donate Glasgow instead? Edinburgh is quite nice...

These are empty threats! Britannia shall never again fall to Nordic heathen savage vandalous (etc) barbarians. People not remotely like us in those respects.

[This message has been edited by Lord Eddie (edited 09-27-2013 @ 07:09 AM).]

posted 27 September 2013 14:56 EDT (US)     46 / 58  
    Hmm, we want Northern Ireland.
    posted 27 September 2013 16:33 EDT (US)     47 / 58  
    [snip]

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 03-29-2022 @ 05:08 PM).]

posted 28 June 2014 18:25 EDT (US)     48 / 58  
    I have modestly removed myself from the head of the normal people list. I'm actually the most modest person here, I just thought it was important to let everyone know. (...)

Also belatedly followed Terikel in admitting my true identity as a time-traveller from prehistory.

posted 29 June 2014 09:28 EDT (US)     49 / 58  
    And I touched up the rankings a bit.

posted 30 June 2014 08:20 EDT (US)     50 / 58  
    Nice real name Terikel...

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
    Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
    « Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to: