You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RTW Guides and Articles Forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Want to bag yourself a custom title?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 26 July 2009 15:19 EDT (US)   
Forummers of Total War Heaven

Many articles have been submitted to both M2TWH & RTWH over the years and much effort has been expended by non-staff but us staff are greedy and we want more so we're going to run a wee scheme that will both thank those who have contributed as well as encourage further contribution.

Custom titles
Yes. You heard that right. We will hand out custom titles to people who submit articles.

Here is how it's going to work.
If you submit four articles, you will gain a "tier 1" title.
If you submit seven articles, you will gain a "tier 2" title.
If you submit ten articles, you get to chose your own title.

The titles on offer are:
RTW
Tier 1: Centurion
Tier 2: Legate

M2TW
Tier 1: Ministerialis
Tier 2: Banneret
This scheme applies for all future articles submitted and is also backdated to include articles submitted in the past that are hosted on our two front pages.

The articles eligible are:
-Strategy or gameplay articles for both M2TW & RTW.
-Modification tutorials for both M2TW & RTW.
-History articles for both M2TW & RTW.
We will also count hosting & presenting the forum awards. For practical reasons, we will not be backdating this beyond the most recent awards (which do count).

We will not be keeping count of articles submitted and it is up to the forumers themselves to keep count of their own articles and contact mods to request their title.

If all your content submitted is M2TW-specific, then you will get the relevant M2TW title. If you have submitted for both games, you get to chose whether you have the M2TW or RTW title.

A couple of pointers...
We're giving out rewards here so we expect any submitted content to be up to scratch. Any articles requiring major correction or amendment beyond html coding or otherwise deficient will not be considered. TWH mods have the final say on this matter and any complaints or issues will be dealt with over email.

Staff are welcome to avail of this scheme for their own submitted content if they wish and there is no issue if anybody wishes to collect their custom title at a later date. This scheme isn't going to run anywhere and there is no time limit as to when you can cash your cheque.

For practical reasons, anybody who qualifies for selecting their own custom title gets one go at picking it so make sure you're happy with it as there are no second chances, unless you feel like submitting another 10 articles!

Feel free to discuss this and if you have suggestions on how the scheme can be improved, let us know.

Hussarknight

[This message has been edited by Hussarknight (edited 09-06-2009 @ 08:48 AM).]

Replies:
posted 26 August 2013 13:07 EDT (US)     51 / 55  
Apologies for the double-post, but with my continuous and faithful work on the TWH Podcast and the recent release of the momentous 10th Episode I do believe I have earned the right to claim the title of Legate

• TWH Podcast Thread & Episode List

• "Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
    "It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
    "My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
    Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
    posted 27 August 2013 03:20 EDT (US)     52 / 55  
    Agreed.

Congratulations, Legate!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
    Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
    Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
    Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
    posted 27 August 2013 11:21 EDT (US)     53 / 55  
    You honor me Imperator!

Now I need only to work and toil a few more fortnights before I can lay claim to a self-styled title of my choosing

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
    "It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
    "My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
    Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
    posted 06 September 2013 06:15 EDT (US)     54 / 55  
    Once my Arverni article goes up, I will have 20 community contributions towards a custom title up on this site.

1. Blitzing with the Gauls (RTW strategy)
    2. Boudicca (RTW History)
    3. Myth of Woad (RTW History)
    4. Roman Britain (RTW History)
    5. Gauls overview (RTW strategy)
    6. Belgae history (RTW History)
    7. Dacia history (RTW History)
    8. Spain overview (RTW strategy)
    9. Parthia overview (RTW strategy)
    10. Britons strategy (RTW strategy)

11. Cernunnos (RTW History)
    12. Important British tribes (RTW History)
    13. slingers class (RTW strategy)
    14. chariot class (RTW strategy)
    15. alternate Seleucid opening moves (RTW strategy)
    16. Rome awards presentation jan 2010 (Awards contribution)
    17. Empire awards presentation jan 2011 (Awards contribution)
    18. Tallying votes awards jan 2011 (Awards contribution)
    19. Arverni history (RTW History)
    20. Historia Gentium Britanniae (M2TW History) link

When convenient, I would like to replace my old custom title with a new one which, in accordance with my customary modesty, shall be:

High King of Britain

Thank you.

[This message has been edited by Lord Eddie (edited 09-07-2013 @ 04:40 AM).]

posted 14 September 2013 13:17 EDT (US)     55 / 55  
    Granted.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
    Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
    Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
    Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Total War Heaven » Forums » RTW Guides and Articles Forum » Want to bag yourself a custom title?
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Total War Heaven | HeavenGames