Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Modpacks » Dominant Carthage V1.1 for Mundus Magnus

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Dominant Carthage V1.1 for Mundus Magnus

Author File Description
smoothdragon ***Sorry reviewer I just found a major omission after my 3rd round of testing***

Dominant Carthage v 1.1 for Mundus Magnus

Carthage has never been a real force in the campaigns, RTW vanilla or Mundus Magnus. 95% of the time, Carthage will either be destroyed or completely marginalized by the Scipii. How fun can this be? So within my modest modding skills, I've gone ahead and made some changes that will make Carthage more competitive in the campaign map. Here are my list of modifications to improve Carthage's survival while making it reasonably fair:

1. Weaken Scipii and Brutii factions with fewer troops and half the money (2500 denarii) and +50,000 denarii to Carthage
2. Gave Carthage large starting armies of poenis/long shields/forest elephants in Spain/Africa/Sicily
3. Buffed up Iberians with a higher attack (8 attack), defense (6 defense skill), and morale (level 5 morale).
4. Boosted range and attack of Carthage's slingers (range 120 attack of 10)
5. Added archers to the Carthage lineup and boosted attack to 8 and range of 170
6. Buffed up Libyan spearmen with higher attack (7 attack) and better morale (level 7 morale).
7. Buffed up melee damage of poeni infantry to 8
8. Moved Libyan and poeni infantry down one level.
9. Moved down Sacred band cavalry and infantry 1 level and took away the religious building requirement

Bug Note: The Carthaginian archer unit card is blue, the same as Numidia. Sorry, I'm not that good at modding but the archer unit on the battlefield is white and that's all that matters!

Requirements: Rome Total War and the Mundus Magnus map mod

Installation Directions: I will list the file and then after the colon that is where the file should be dropped in. If the folder is not there (as may be the case with the tga files) just create the folder and drop it in. Double-check your work and always back up everything! I take no responsibility for loss work or crashes!

export_descr_unit.txt : C:Program FilesActivisionRome - Total WarData

export_descr_buildings.txt: C:Program FilesActivisionRome - Total WarData

descr_model_battle.txt: C:Program FilesActivisionRome - Total WarData

descr_strat.txt: C:Program FilesActivisionRome - Total WarDataworldmapscampaignmundus_magnus

UNIT_CARTHAGE_ARCHER.TGA.DDS: C:Program FilesActivisionRome - Total WarDatamodels_unit

CARTHAGINIAN_ARCHER_INFO.TGA: C:Program FilesActivisionRome - Total WarDataUIUNIT_INFOCARTHAGE

#CARTHAGINIAN_ARCHER.TGA: C:Program FilesActivisionRome - Total WarDataUIUNITSCARTHAGE

Enjoy! Any questions? E-mail me @ ttnguyen05@yahoo.com
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
player1 total "Bug Note: The Carthaginian archer unit card is blue, the same as Numidia. Sorry, I'm not that good at modding but the archer unit on the battlefield is white and that's all that matters!"

Didn't somebody at twcenter.ner (Trivium forums), already done white unit card for archer.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:778
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:154.94 KB
Added:05/11/05