Modpacks » All Factions Playable, Patch 1.5

Download File Post Review Post Comment

All Factions Playable, Patch 1.5

Author File Description
Wartrain
File Details
Game Version: Rome: Total War
"All Factions Playable" Mod, Patch 1.5

This file contains RTW files, at the Patch 1.5 level.
Use overwrite, to replace any existing files.
Extract this to the RTW install directory, e.g.,

C:\Games\Rome Total War\

This file does NOT contain any other modded elements, like graphics or fancy descriptions (you can create & add these yourself, if you want). Backups of each original and the corresponding modded file are provided, in addition to the 2 modded files themselves.

The 6 Files:

campaign_descriptions.txt
campaign_descriptions_(Patch1.5)ORIGINAL.txt
campaign_descriptions_(Patch1.5)ALL-FACTIONS-PLAYABLE.txt

descr_strat.txt
descr_strat_(Patch1.5)ORIGINAL.txt
descr_strat_(Patch1.5)ALL-FACTIONS-PLAYABLE.txt
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
wkndwrrr i can get to the part where you extract it to the C\:Games\....., but im totally lost from there. HELP! EDIT: oops i did not know there was just a post comment option.----------- actually, im completely lost

[Edited on 01/02/06 @ 12:37 AM]

Wartrain
File Author
These 2 files must be copied to your RTW installation, replacing the original counterparts:

campaign_descriptions.txt
descr_strat.txt

Then you're done. You can play all 20 civs.

If you extract all 6, it will leave you with a backup copy of the original, and a backup of the modding file. The 4 backups are not necessary, but are helpful when/if you want to return to the originals.

Wakain have you checked the following:

when playing any faction,
and you receive(for example)a'faction destroyed'message and you open it the game becomes black and it crashes.
this was with another all factions mod,
is the problem above also encountered on your version?
Wartrain
File Author
Here are the Install location paths (relative path to the RTW install directory):

\Rome Total War\Data\text\campaign_descriptions.txt
\Rome Total War\Data\text\campaign_descriptions_(Patch1.5)ORIGINAL.txt
\Rome Total War\Data\text\campaign_descriptions_(Patch1.5)ALL-FACTIONS-PLAYABLE.txt

\Rome Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt
\Rome Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat_(Patch1.5)ORIGINAL.txt
\Rome Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat_(Patch1.5)ALL-FACTIONS-PLAYABLE.txt
player1 total Did you know that with 1.5 (or 1.6 for BI) you don't need to mod campaign_descriptions.txt anymore.
Just moding descr_strat.txt does the trick. Like it was with 1.2 or 1.0 long time ago.

Campaign_descriptions.txt modding was only important for 1.3, since it crashed without them.
Wilhelm Vaste When i go to pick a faction like the Spanish and click play, i go back to the main menu???

HELP PLEASE
TheStick I couldn't get it to work. I played around with it for a bit, but no luck.
TEN10X Same here. It doesn't affect my game at all...
TEN10X After a LOT of tinkering, I finally realized I had to fiddle with the names of both files (descr_strat_(Patch1.5)ALL-FACTIONS-PLAYABLE, campaign_descriptions_(Patch1.5)ALL-FACTIONS-PLAYABLE) to just the original decr_strat, and campaign_descriptions.

So I just cut out the extra stuff.

[Edited on 04/18/06 @ 10:32 PM]

Roman_soldier224 ok....what I did was I extracted the 3 files into the c:/program files/activision/rometotalwar/data/world/maps/ as well as text and it still doesn't work. AWW it's so damn annoying!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:24,244
Favorites: [Who?]2