New Files

Modpacks » Unified Rome v2.0

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Unified Rome v2.0

Author File Description
Arkrai
File Details
Game Version: Rome: Total War 1.5
This is the second version of my Unified Rome mod. It features a Provincial Campaign setup, allowing both the standard and Unified Rome campaigns to be played.

For those who didn't see the original version, Unified Rome does what is says. The Brutii, Scipii and Senate lose all their cities, leaving the Julii as the only Roman faction. They control the two cities they have in vanilla, plus Rome and Capua. All the other former Roman cities are now rebel.

Updated from version 1.0, entries for the Brutii, Scipii and the Senate have been removed entirely from descr_strat, and the 'faction destroyed' messages no longer appear at the start of the campaign.

For a full list of changes, read the readme file included in the download.

http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,7331,,2

Link contains pictures of the new setup

Installation instructions

Unzip the file and run the installer. Both the installer and the readme file contain additional install instructions.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Arkrai
File Author
Any comments and/or reviews?
lilmp89 In your Readme, you said "The included campaign_descriptions.txt file must be manually placed in
the Data/text folder. It will overwrite the original, but contains the same information, plus
additional entries for the Unified Rome campaign. THIS FILE IS NOT NECESSARY, but if not
included, will result in there being no faction descriptions at the campaign selection screen"

I found no other item besides the Readme and .exe installation file.

On a side note. I don't understand how to play game like with this mod. I'm not aware of how to make a Provinicial campaign on vanilla with patch 1.5. Help please? Thank you in advance =] Great Idea!
Arkrai
File Author
Hi lilmp89,

Thanks for the comment. It looks like I forgot to include the campaign_descriptions file in the download.

Regarding provincial campaigns. My mod is already set up to install as a provincial campaign. If you want to do one yourself, you basically need to create a new folder in the 'campaign' folder (Data>world>maps>campaign). In the case of my mod, this folder is called unified_rome. Into this folder, you need to copy the contents of the 'imperial_campaign' folder and the 'base' folder (Data>world>maps>base). If you've done it correctly, the next time you launch RTW and go to start a new campaign, there will be an option to start a "Provincial Campaign". Note, though, there would not be many cases in moddin g where you would be only making the changes allowed by a provincial campaign. In most cases, the best way to avoid overwriting the original game would be a separate mod folder.
Primo
(id: Marcus Orentius)
Official Reviewer
Hi Arkrai, could I possibly use your mod in a small mod I'm making? I'll mention you in the credits of course. ;)
BeyZade111 Thanks man.
Maximus Persius Daaamn. Thank you man. Now I play it with 150% entuziasm.
WockyJabber Great mod, for the most part. It worked absolutely perfect until I captured the 50th settlement for the win. As soon as it queues you to decide whether to occupy, enslave or exterminate the town, and you click on one, it crashes the game completely. I have already tried different towns, and re-installing game and mod...nothing. Not sure if it affects other factions, as I cannot test that out until I complete the Imperial Campaign. Any ideas?
The Mad Monk
Rating
Rating: 5
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
I like it the first time I downloaded it and it worked like a charm!

But.....

I downloaded Rome:Total War-Barbarian Invasion and it reset all of Rome:Total War, so, I decide, Whatever I would just re-download it and but it still is in it's original form! (EX-Runs perfectly, but theirs still the Scipii/Brutii/Senate Factions)

Please help, I loved it (while it lasted >:'[)
BL1PUS
Rating
Rating: 4.5
(Great job as far as a noob like myself can tell
only problem was the game crashed after 50 regions where taken)

Additional Comments:
I altered the win conditions myself and set it as take_regions 103 this seems to have fixed that problem for myself as it now says "domination :103 regions for victory in the game" :) didnt realise there was a domination victory setting so that was a cool surprise !
Nogard I tried downloading and installing this, but it doesn't work. I happen to have Steam rather than the original Rome: Total War Gold, so what's the alternative way of installation?
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:5,453
Favorites: [Who?]0