Author File Description
Gaius Colinius
File Details
Game Version: Rome: Total War 1.5
Number of Players: 2
Player 1's Name: HG-Gaius
Player 2's Name: Prince of Macedon
# of Denarii: 10000
It was Macedon vs Carthage. I noticed that he selected under 1000 soldiers so I reckoned he had upgrades coming out the wazoo. I selected 6 phalanx units to his four along with three slingers which I deployed in front of the phalanxes in order to protect them from arrows. Prince also had 3 missile units (archers). He had four cavalry to my five which I had been careful enough to upgrade.

The Macedonians advanced and their archers opened fire and reduced my slingers but I was not overly concerned as the heavy infantry behind were taking very few losses.

It opened with a cav skirmish on my right wing. My units suffered against his upgraded units until the general came in and turned the tide but the cost was high.

The infantry battle started and it was awful to see the way the sacred bands were decimated so quickly. My attempt to flank with the extra units failed because the anvil disintegrated long before the hammer could have any effect. I had to commit my remaining cavalry just to try and rout one of his infantry units but it was hopeless so defeat was admitted and Hannibal raced off into his eastern retirement.

Less men next time and more upgrades!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
PrinceofMacedon Excellent review, mate. That was a tough battle.

Good maneuvering on both sides after the initial archer-slinger fight.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:163
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:53.39 KB
Added:04/13/08