New Files

Modpacks » Amazon Total War Version 2.4 - For RTW

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Amazon Total War Version 2.4 - For RTW

Author File Description
SubRosa
File Details
Game Version: Rome: Total War 1.5
Amazon Total War is a partial conversion for Rome Total War, version 1.5. If you wish to play the Barbarian Invasion version go here: http://rtw.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=4379

ATW uses the mod:switch option, so it will not interfere with any of your original game files. Be sure you apply it to a clean install of RTW, as you may experience ctd's when entering battles if not.

ATW features three new Amazon factions, that of Amazonia, their rivals New Amazonia, and the Gorgons. It includes a new culture for them, with new units, generals, retinue members, and traits specifically for them. My inspiration for this was the Amazons of legend, and I have tried to keep everything in the mod in the spirit of those legends. So just as legend has it, the Amazons are outstanding archers and horsewomen. They also fight in the standard greek hoplite style, as well as having some troops using axes. As the Amazons were not known to be sailors of any skill, I have limited them to recruiting biremes and triremes.

To learn more about ATW, including screenshots, and full installation instructions, go to the Amazon: Total War forums here at RTWH:
http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=t&fn=33&f=33,,0,100
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Whittster
Rating
Rating: 5
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
I give you a 5. Why? Well, the work gone into this is incredible, adding three whole new factions to the game really spices things up. I love the fact that the Romans are merged into one, it makes the empire seem more like an empire.

Adding new units to the factions really made this great, especially the Carthaginians. Also, having the Rebels being on the Custom Battle menu with a TON of units is a brilliant idea.

I just had a battle on Cappodocian forest against some of the toughest Selucian units playing as the Amazons, and I absolutely slaughtered them, those Axewomen go straight through phalanxes, which makes them extremely useful conquering the Hellenic cultures.

Overall, bloody amazing.

[Edited on 01/18/09 @ 02:06 PM]

RomeTWaddict Im not sure i understand the amazons you speak of....
maybe i should post a comment after i play it
RomeTWaddict
Rating
Rating: 4
When playing as the amazonians
on a custom battle the game crashes
everything else works

Additional Comments:
I have not even opened the file
so its not somthing i did
I followed your instructions too

But i love the concept
it was awesome

you cirtainly would stand up for womens rights then huh?
himura007 hi, guys

I installed the amazon as per instructions and the game starts all right, but when i go and choose one of the new factions and start an error appears and and stops the game!!!! anyone else have the same issue
it says the file data/model_strat/dacia_sm_captain.CAS does not exsist, but i check it there, as well i tried to replace it with one from BI patch but they're the same file and this is driving me nuts???

thank you

[Edited on 07/03/10 @ 01:58 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:6,510