Multiplayer
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Topic Subject: Clan Update: Week 1
posted 03-22-11 01:52 PM EDT (US)   
Greetings,

News from the front;

Last night the Shogun 2 Heaven Clan's valiant warriors had earned it 11 provinces and thrust us into second place in the group, behind only the Ronin Warlords.

(The Clan Warfare map last night.)

I have just been online today and we are still second thanks to the efforts of our members, you're doing a fantastic job.

(The Clan Warfare map now.)

As you can see, the Ronin Warlords are very strong indeed and with only five days left it will be a struggle to knock them off top spot, but never fear, for if we continue as we are we'll be promoted anyway!

Hussar has done a good job having only just started, Daelon has joined and continued his winning ways from Empire, as has GnarlyHotep, newcomer Tom_Bear is winning glory, Liam the Spartan has earned his respect, Killathilla and Reckless Berry are currently our best generals having won us many battles.

There are some warriors still untested, others like myself who are victim to honourless quitters and plain old misfortune.

RecklessBERRY is named our player of the week, for carrying our win number since release date.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
Replies:
posted 03-22-11 02:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 30  
Well done everyone, let's keep the pressure up and capture some of those territories back. Between games not counting and not being able to find a match at all last night, I haven't been able to contribute much so far. Hopefully that will change. Right now I'm focusing on expanding my avatar's map control, but once that's changed, I plan on focusing a lot of effort on one or two territories at a time to build up clan point totals.

I noticed Ronin clan has one guy who carries it, who appears to not have the issue with battles not counting. Lucky them...
posted 03-22-11 02:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 30  
How come it shows my e-mail instead of my steam account name?

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
posted 03-22-11 03:25 PM EDT (US)     3 / 30  
Good work everyone, keep it up!

Bast, just to be sure, when you open Steam your screenname displays correctly in the top-right corner?

Hussarknight
posted 03-22-11 03:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 30  
I'm pretty sure it does. I won't be home for a few hours; so I can't check, though. Also, I know that when I entered the clan info through the Shogun2 multiplayer interface, it showed BastWorshiper.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

posted 03-22-11 09:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 30  
Ooh, at one stage we were up to 22. And then the RoninWarlords (specifically, this guy called CanCritter, who's on a 30-win streak) have blitzed us down to 15 at time of writing again.
Still, we're still in second! Keep it up!

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 03-23-11 03:36 AM EDT (US)     6 / 30  
Yeah, the Ronin warlords are mostly one guy. Shall we send a ninja at him?

Hussarknight
posted 03-23-11 03:50 AM EDT (US)     7 / 30  
I am currently out of Shuriken unfortunately.

I noticed this last night.

What does it say I have won-losed? Because I have played a lot more battles than it says. It just doesn't seem to be updating.
posted 03-23-11 05:10 AM EDT (US)     8 / 30  
Yeah there is a problem with statistics not being recorded for some games at the moment, supposedly meant to be fixed in the upcoming hotfix for multiplayer. I would be more then 0\0 otherwise, with some provinces for the clan captured to boot. Quite annoying when that happens.
posted 03-23-11 05:25 AM EDT (US)     9 / 30  
Not complaining - I'm down as 1-0 according to the screenshots above, when I'm really 1-1.

Has anyone worked out the actual date/time for the ladder closure?

-+- Non sequiturs and weak puns a speciality -+-
posted 03-23-11 10:35 AM EDT (US)     10 / 30  
Who's ranked #1 for 1v1's in STW2? This style of gameplay has changed how I play in so many ways.. Primarily how it's always live, players are constantly leveling up their units & generals which adds such a good/cool twist onto the gameplay. My current setup is garbage for 1v1's.. But I still have good luck with me, I think my current record is 10-2 but I could be wrong. See you folks around.
posted 03-23-11 08:08 PM EDT (US)     11 / 30  
I just played my first ever multiplayer battle in any game...

And I WON!!!

I probably shouldn't have, but I'm excited all the same.

Unfortunately, there was such a tremendous lag between my attempts to issue commands and the response, I'm fairly certain I need a new rig before I can get much out of MP.

Also, I think I found the issue with my Steam name and fixed it. I'll check in a few minutes.

posted 03-23-11 09:39 PM EDT (US)     12 / 30  
Just played against a fellow by the name of Tyr <=nFc=>

We played a battle with medium funds on lowlands, we started the battle and right off the bat he asked me:

"want a tip, noob?"

I replied:

"No I'm good thanks for your insight though good luck"

He didn't say anything back. His entire army consisted of loan swords and a few yari cavalry. My setup won't be revealed (:P). Anyways, he immediately charged and encircled my formation with his cav which was quickly broken, with his cav routing he sent in his main body of probably 10+ units of loan swords. As soon as the first contact with my formation was made I routed his first unit within a few seconds, which caused a chain route. I had his entire army routed from the field less then 20 seconds, when he saw that he had lost so quickly he simply said:

"**** U" and alt+f4'd out of the game and the win did not count.. So fair warning to you fellas out there who encounter this player, be forewarned there are sore losers in the community!
posted 03-23-11 10:23 PM EDT (US)     13 / 30  
That's just poor. Hopefully there's some repercussions against that on some level.

posted 03-23-11 10:28 PM EDT (US)     14 / 30  
I hope so.. I keep playing against guys with big records and most seem to be relatively respectful for wins/losses.. But hey, theres always going to be a bad apple in every tree as they say.
posted 03-23-11 10:49 PM EDT (US)     15 / 30  
I know I play every battle to the bitter end. I just feel I owe it to the guy who beats me to let him play it out. I know I get pissed when the other guy just resigns and lets me have the battle rather than let me finish them all off.

posted 03-23-11 11:38 PM EDT (US)     16 / 30  
Yeah I know what you mean, EoJ.. I love the slaughter as well!
posted 03-24-11 11:40 AM EDT (US)     17 / 30  
That's just poor sportsmanship, and just foolish on his part. As a Japanese admiral said in WWII just before operation Sho-Go, "there are such things as miracles." I had one win all sewn up, 3/4 of his army was routing, and I was pursuing to shatter the remnants, when I realized that all the time I'd just spent microing my cavalry charges on one flank caused me to lose track of my general, when I hear what I very much did not want to hear...."OUR GENERAL HAS BEEN WOUNDED!"

Due to him fielding a good mixed army, and the bad timing of that happening while Iw as just finishing up a tough fought battle, caused a full reversal.

I both hate and love the loansword spam. Hate it because it's mostly boring and with a few bad luck situations, can snow you under, but love it because it's so easy to counter.
posted 03-24-11 07:03 PM EDT (US)     18 / 30  
Unless the enemy has lots of good cav, basing your army off ashigaru doesn't work it seems. once you can get the charge in they tend to break fast.

On another note, I had a nice battle with someone. Some guy called Adamski didn't like that I used mangonels, and was moaning throughout the whole game about how unfair it was and how mangonels made low morale armies impossible, which confused me, especially since he fielded almost exclusively no-dachi as his ground force, with yari cavalry and samurai bowmen backing them up. He eventually rage quit, saying "f*** u man u aint gettin this on ur record" and he left.

The funniest thing was that he did not use his no dachi right and let me constantly shoot them and charge them down. Had he just run at me he'd have probably won. I only wish my recording had worked.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
posted 03-24-11 07:37 PM EDT (US)     19 / 30  
I've recorded every battle so far because I want to create a library of sorts once we've ironed out our issues getting Shogun 2 Heaven up and running. You guys should do the same.

Most of the battles I've been losing are because I haven't quite got down the cavalry charge. Sometimes I leave them concealed for too long, others spring them too soon.

A f t y

A A R S

posted 03-25-11 03:04 PM EDT (US)     20 / 30  
I have saved all my replays so far. And want to carry on doing the same. I even have the very short one we had
posted 03-25-11 04:18 PM EDT (US)     21 / 30  
Does anyone know how much room the replays take up? If the replays are only a few megs each I should starting recording some of mine..
posted 03-28-11 04:01 AM EDT (US)     22 / 30  
We have lost many territories..
posted 03-28-11 04:13 AM EDT (US)     23 / 30  
I'm not sure, but didn't the season timer end yesterday? If we were promoted that'd explain the loss of territories.

And if the season hasn't ended yet, it will end today, so make a final push for honour and glory!

Hussarknight
posted 03-28-11 05:24 AM EDT (US)     24 / 30  
I have joined the clan.

now the tide will turn.

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."
posted 03-28-11 12:57 PM EDT (US)     25 / 30  
Welcome, Lenardius! We are honoured to have your noble Samurai join the fight with us

A f t y

A A R S

posted 03-28-11 05:44 PM EDT (US)     26 / 30  
At what specific times should i expect for the majority of the clan members to be online? I was online and there was like 1 or 2 guys.

I live in Aus BTW. is there a specific day y'all come together and get the Shogun groove on?

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."
posted 03-28-11 08:59 PM EDT (US)     27 / 30  
So, I used to be really good at RTW. Like super duper good. But, guns and all turned me off so I didn't really play for 4 years.

That said, this fanciness of a online campaign map vexes me, though I'd like to smite some inferior websites' players if that is what is required.

Offering my services, your loyal former TWH staff member,
Cheesewiz.

PS: In the event of confusion, my avatar is named The Kurgan, a pretty obscure Highlander reference that was too good to pass up.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 03-29-11 02:21 AM EDT (US)     28 / 30  
Good to see you Cheesewiz. Welcome to the clan.

I'm usually online in the afternoon or evening (GMT), but if you're living in Aus you'll probably find Scipii (Killing Malkael on Steam) online pretty much all the time

Hussarknight
posted 03-29-11 04:33 AM EDT (US)     29 / 30  
Hey, Cheese You've come just in time. We're now in the same bracket as TWC, so we need to get going

posted 03-30-11 02:28 PM EDT (US)     30 / 30  
Hi Cheese, good to have you on board

A f t y

A A R S

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Multiplayer » Clan Update: Week 1
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: