Please login or register

Guides & Articles
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Topic Subject: Chosokabe Clan Overview
posted 04-04-11 04:06 PM EDT (US)   
The Chosokabe

We are the Chosokabe, we are masters of the bow found on the Shikoku island.

We respect the way of bows, arrows, and fire. We train our men to be the best in Japan to use this deadly weapon.

Our men are honoured to carry such a weapon in to battle, and guard it with their life. These archery units are cheaper to train and keep up to standard than other clans. And after all the trainning we put them through, they are far superior than others.

Another trait of our people is the way they treat the earth; they are phenomenal farmers. They work the soil like no other people can, and she rewards us with many riches. For we are masters of the land!

We Chosokabe claim descent from the Chinese Emperor Qin Shi Huang, so we have reason to be proud.

We were friends once with the Ichijo, and have been under their protection. They helped us reclaim our castle at Oko. Though now we have broken with the Ichijo and it is up to you to destroy the last remaining forces in our lands.

Our Lands

You can find us Chosokabe on the Shikoku island. We start with the province of Tosa, and it's capital of Kochi.
Tosa has a natural richness. It's farms produce plenty, and from the woods we gain superior wood. We use this wood to build better ships and trade with other clans.

To the north of Tosa there are people calling themselves the Kono. We hate these people! You must gather your forces, march to their capital, and deal with them once and for all!

To the east we trade with Miyoshi. their province of awa is inhabited by superior horses great for battle, and are trainned for this.

We also share Shikoku with the Sogo clan, there is not much special about them but in their mountains there superior stone is found.

We are currently at peace with these two clans, but they hold many riches to themselves. It would greatly help our cause if we where to claim these provinces as our own.

Shikoku is a rich island. There are plenty mountains, forests, and rivers. It touches many seas. From the sea of Hyuga, the Seto inland sea, with the Kii channel to the east and Bungo channel to the west.

Once this island is secured, it is up to you where you go next. You could go mainland east and have easy access to Kyoto. Or maybe north? The Mori may one day threaten our sea faring. There is a bigger island in the west called Kyushu, securing this island would give us easy access to the great trading posts.

Our people are easy to take charge of, but only if you make it so! Though we are special. So special that if people wish for a glimps of Japan, they look through our eyes.
We are also good teachers, and teach begginers how to survive in this crazy place!

Now, general, lead our men to power, Kyoto, and victory!

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 04-09-2011 @ 05:45 AM).]

Replies:
posted 04-04-11 06:53 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9  
Umm are we supposed to point out grammar mistakes like I have seen on the rtw heaven? if so then

"Our men are honoured to carry such a weapon in to battle, and guard it with their life"
I think it should be into as one word and

"We Chesokabe claim descent from the Chinese Emperor Qin Shi Huang. So we have reason to be proud"
I think it should be Chinese Emperor Gin Shi Huang(comma) so we have reason to be proud

If we(I'm) not supposed to then just ignore this..
I am bored because I can't play the game....
posted 04-04-11 06:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9  
Umm are we supposed to point out grammar mistakes like I have seen on the rtw heaven? if so then
Yes, ElephantLord, this forum is for people to post their articles for discussion and criticism.

I haven't read it yet Liam, but the first thing that jumped out at me was Chosokabe

PS - I've already changed the thread title for you! I'll give it a scan over tomorrow night when I'm back from work

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
posted 04-05-11 12:54 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9  
Sorry, I actually thought Chosokabe were spelt like that

And yes, ElephantLord, thank you for correcting my grammar mistakes (I won the XI award for worst speller)

EDIT: I edited a couple of things, I changed the screenshots to ones that are bigger for when/if it goes on the site.

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 04-05-2011 @ 04:20 PM).]

posted 04-07-11 02:21 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9  
Good job, looks great with the fixes. It'll get slotted into our upload queue

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
posted 04-07-11 04:00 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9  
Do you want the full-resolution forms of the screenshots like in Date overview?
posted 04-08-11 12:22 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9  
That'd be excellent

Hussarknight
posted 04-08-11 06:28 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9  
ehhhhh...maybe no one else has realized but emmmmmm have ye noticed that the first picture is that of the Date clan and not the Chosokabe clan?
posted 04-09-11 05:30 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9  
posted 04-11-11 07:22 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9  
Now published on the site: http://shogun2.heavengames.com/info/clans/chosokabe/

Hussarknight
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Guides & Articles » Chosokabe Clan Overview
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: