Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Sparrow's Extreme Challenges - Main Thread
posted 10-21-05 22:54 EST (US)   
main page | all challenges and solutions | rules | honour roll 

Welcome to
Sparrow's Extreme Challenges 

Stronghold 1 lives, and it's born again hard! Will you take the extreme challenge? These are my personal picks of the most difficult maps to play on "very hard" setting in Stronghold 1. I'll be presenting some of the meanest, gnarliest, rip snorting, mind bending, teeth gnashing maps out there from our library of over 1500 invasion, siege, and economic maps.

A new challenge every two weeks. The solution for the current map will be published with the next challenge.

Please feel free to comment, discuss, compare notes, announce victories, or ask for help on any of my extreme challenge map picks, but please DO NOT START NEW THREADS for these challenges.

For anything related to a specific map, PLEASE POST IN THE APPROPRIATE EXISTING CHALLENGE THREAD for that map title from the list below. Any new threads started for Sparrow's Extreme Challenges will be locked or deleted. Please post in this thread that you are currently reading if you have questions or comments of a general nature related to the challenges.

Visit the main page for Sparrow's Extreme Challenges to see a complete write up with links, information, and solutions for every map, or follow the links below.

Current Challenge:
#13   posted April 8, 2006 
Treasure Island 
by Duke of York 
challenge info | download | discussion thread for this map 

Solution will be published with the next challenge in two weeks.

Previous Challenge:
The Oracle of the Forest by pmn3829. 
solution | challenge info | download | discussion thread for this map 

Complete a challenge map and be included in the Honour Roll of Extreme Challenge Masters. Just make a post in the appropriate map thread below to announce your victory. You MUST state what difficulty you played on so we know which honour roll to put you on.

Map Discussion Threads - Please make all posts in the these threads:

Stronghold 1

# Date Thread Link Author Links
 #13   4/8/06   Treasure Island    by Duke of York    info   solution   download 
 #12   3/25/06   The Oracle of the Forest    by pmn3829    info   solution   download 
 #11   3/11/06   The Tortured Road: Act III - Return of That Thing!    by Andy Baz    info   solution   download 
 #10   2/25/06   Lord of the Rings: WeatherTop-Old to New    by Ring Wraith    info   solution   download 
 #9   2/11/06   Shadowmoon Fortress    by Hasit    info   solution   download 
 #8   1/28/06   Castaways - The Explorers    by Sir Prise    info   solution   download 
 #7   1/14/06   4 Unexpected Return    by Lord Arthus    info   solution   download 
 #6   12/31/05   Alwyne Valley    by Duke of York    info   solution   download 
 #5   12/17/05   Valley of the Wolves 4    by Duke of Wessex    info   solution   download 
 #4   12/3/05   Scottish Cattle Raid (1300)    by Tasluk    info   solution   download 
 #3   11/19/05   Star and Crescent    by Brave Sir Robyn    info   solution   download 
 #2   11/5/05   Beaumont Mote 1102 AD    by Jack ofallTrades    info   solution   download 
 #1   10/22/05   1121-Lord of Ludlow    by Alan Spencer    info   solution   download 

Crusader

# Date Thread Link Author Links
 #1   11/12/05   Grove of the Divine    by Harmonastix    info   solution   download 

DoY's infamous TREASURE ISLAND - Challenge #13 - Sparrow's Extreme Challenges for SH1 and Crusader

[This message has been edited by Sparrow (edited 04-09-2006 @ 12:57 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-25-07 09:31 EST (US)     1 / 5  
Hey sparrow how about challenges for stronghold crusader.That would be great.
posted 03-25-07 10:54 EST (US)     2 / 5  
Some of those are Crusader I thought.

Known elsewhere as Planewalker.
posted 03-25-07 20:47 EST (US)     3 / 5  
There is one of Sparrow's extream chalanges for crusader:
http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=14,2193,,all

Lords: Conquest - Medieval MMOG
"Come to think of it, how many people CAN fit on a pike?" -artofmath
"How to kill the Rat: Build 20 Horse archers and 10 swords men. Laugh at him." -Lord Michael I
posted 07-09-11 15:42 EST (US)     4 / 5  
Anyone still here? I see I'm a few years late to this lol, Just enjoying an old favorite of mine and need some new challenges.

Question: On #13 how do I complete the castle? after days of trying to fend off the attacks ive finally got everything I need I just dont know what is required to complete the stupid castles...
posted 07-09-11 17:06 EST (US)     5 / 5  
Good to see a 'hardy' player.
Never played mission #13 though but I'll give it a try and let you know about the winning solution.

Only by a guess however, completing the castle might only request surrounding your keep with walls and/or gate(s) so the castle is seen as "complete".

EDIT: After I played the map, it appears that the completing castle problem is caused by (depending to where you placed your keep) either the hills or the very thin rivers. As I mentioned earlier according to my guess, your keep must be perfectly isolated using walls and/or gate(s) and some terrain things might occur creating a natural hole in the castle. Make sure there are no such things near your walls and then your castle will be "complete".

Hope that helped.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//

[This message has been edited by Lord_of_Hell (edited 07-09-2011 @ 06:59 PM).]

Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold: Game Help & Strategy Discussions » Sparrow's Extreme Challenges - Main Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames