Please login or register

Multiplayer
Moderated by Lord Michael I, Doomsword, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Multiplayer strategy
posted 01-29-04 02:18 EST (US)   
Have just begun playing online and WOW, what a difference. I thought I was prety good at this game until I played real people. Needless to say, I have gotten my Dome handed to me many times.

Can not seem to find the correct way to start off. Many games, I seem to work on building my defenses to much and not working towards sieging. Many times I hardly even sent any troops over the half way point. The entire game was pretty much me defending until I lost. Hell, could not even make stone as my quarrie was taken over!!! Talk about demorilizing!!

Any general help on balancing the defense with offense would be greatly appreciated!

Replies:
posted 01-29-04 10:54 EST (US)     1 / 7  
If you have Crusader, you won't have trouble with Stronghold Multiplayer strategy. But I suggest you buy some weapons first to make troops to guard your quarries. And if your land can be locked easily by walling gaps, just do it. Keep in mind that you have to cut your enemy's supplies. I guess those are some key points of multiplayer survival, but there are a lot more ways to dominate the game.

=====MarshalVader=====
Darkness? Yes.
My Recommendations

posted 01-29-04 20:35 EST (US)     2 / 7  
Hi there,

I think guarding your quaries is a very good idea,
but lets not forget a strong economy is just as important as any other aspect of the game.

Begin training missle troops,I find a mixture of bot cross and normal bows work to good effect.
Once you have a defence begin building more mines and quaries,wich prove to most profitable when the raw resource is sold.

Even send in some small attacks on your enemy,aim for his economic buildings, I find the one attacks first has an advantage, striking the enemy into a ball of nerves.... of course not all lords are discouraged by this, and it just might have the opposite effect.

Study your opponents move is he mor a sit back and defending kind a player or an attacking one. Agressive ussualy sent great numbers to destroy you, I find pitch to be devestating, but dot light is straight away just wait that exta moment when he breaks the gate and the bulk of the army comes rushing in and then...... the screams of toasted soldiers willl begin

anyway keep at it and dont forget to let us no when you grab that good old victory.

Emperor Alexus.

posted 01-30-04 01:46 EST (US)     3 / 7  
Thanks Alexus. Had a much better outing last night. The pitch seems really effective, but the problem I see is people are not as dumb as the computer. People see the pitch and simply walk around it.

Are there defaults in the MP games that allow you to build out further? In the limited maps I have played on, you can not build towers or walls very far from your castle.

posted 01-30-04 03:29 EST (US)     4 / 7  
yes, so true the human brain so much more to handle when it comes to a fight.

I don't believe it is possible for the enemy to se pitch used by another person.

I am pretty sure there isnt a way to extend the limit of space you build in.

Happy fighting,

Empeor Alexus.

posted 01-30-04 10:27 EST (US)     5 / 7  
http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,402,,20
A few good posts within. I'll be adding this post to the list

Guard your walls, I am coming.
My Recommendations
posted 02-01-04 01:20 EST (US)     6 / 7  
By the Way. I could not have been more wrong about the pitch. Went to siege and it was EVERYWHERE no real away around it. Totally wiped out an HUGE invasion I thought would destroy the opponent. Instead, I was clicking like a madman trying to manuever out of the fire. I went to total offense to TOTAL defense in a matter of a few flaming arrows!!
posted 02-01-04 03:04 EST (US)     7 / 7  
Ahh yes,

Pitch one of the most devestating ways of gaining an upper hand on your enemy.

All to often will a player be drawn to close to the seemingly weakend enemy and then.......the whole of your army evaporates as if a small puddle of water in the middle of a dry hot desert.

Dont forget the cavalry is a defestating last defense also, able to turn the tides of a war in an instand.
I remember a crusader battle where I charged down at least 800 horse archers with but only 168 European knights quite a turn around indeed.

Keep on fighting, and remember when everything seems to be lost there is always time to make your stand and win the day if you leave all doors open to opportunity.

Emperor Alexus.

Stronghold 2 » Forums » Multiplayer » Multiplayer strategy
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames