Please login or register

Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help
Moderated by peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Downloading help?
posted 03-18-16 20:40 EST (US)   
Hey Lords, And Ladys, can anyone help me? I would like to know how to download custom scenarios, it would be greatly appreciated to know how!

How do I post on the forums?
Replies:
posted 03-19-16 04:01 EST (US)     1 / 3  
Regarding posting on forum, you just did it.

And regarding custom scenarios, you just go to Stronghold Crusader downloads section (one can see the link from forums home page. Then you pick a category you want, you chooses map/scenario you want to download, and clock the download link - it slightly above the deception of the file.

Then you go to your downloads folder, find the zip archive for you just downloaded, unzip it, and copy the .map (I think that's the extension for those files) file, and copy it to your Documents/Stronghold Crusader/Maps folder.

Next time you run the game you will be able to play the map you just downloaded. If it is a scenario map, there is an option in the game by which you can play a custom scenario.

If you any further assistance feel free to tell.
posted 03-19-16 10:10 EST (US)     2 / 3  
Thank you! I really appreciate it! Also, the "How do I post on the forums?" Is just a funny thing I put at the bottom of posts on forums. Also, Hate to trouble you more, But On custom scenarios, Does the version have to match my SHC Version?

[This message has been edited by King Thernal (edited 03-19-2016 @ 10:14 AM).]

posted 03-19-16 12:06 EST (US)     3 / 3  
No need to feel that way, just feel free tri ask whatever you want.

There can be some compatibility issues, but if you have the latest version of the game, which is 1.3 (HD), you don't have to worry about that - those are backward compatible. You could only have problems while trying to play a scenario made by newer version of the game than you have.

You can find the HD Patch easily, if you don't have HD version yet.
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help » Downloading help?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames