Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Ourea 3 - By WarLord Designs
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 04-18-08 15:42 EST (US)   

This map sees the end of our freebuild trilogy. While priority is with releasing the second of the series, we've already made huge progress with the third map. Not much to say as of yet but comments and more importantly suggestions are most welcome.
thanks for all the support thus far,
WL_D

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
Author: Thomas Paine
Replies:
posted 04-18-08 15:54 EST (US)     1 / 36  
Nice map WL_D! What are you planning to do with the NW area. It seems kinda bare at the moment.

SS

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles" - Sun Tzu.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." - Jean-Paul Sartre
posted 04-18-08 16:35 EST (US)     2 / 36  
*looking at the minimap/pic drooling* i'm sure i've said this before about you guys... how in the world do you find the time and patience to create such detail in this hectic world!?

Is man master of the sword, or is the sword master of man?
If you're a Christian, you are the difference.
posted 04-18-08 17:10 EST (US)     3 / 36  
Was this not the map you were working on for the last competition?

It certainly looks grand altogether I must say!
Still struggling to see the end result but just as exited all the same

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins

[This message has been edited by Younghappy (edited 04-18-2008 @ 05:11 PM).]

posted 04-18-08 21:02 EST (US)     4 / 36  
Shir Shpamalot it all looks bland

Im not sure yet i havent really thought about the end result myself, time will tell.

YH, yep it was for the comp - good memory

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
posted 04-19-08 00:11 EST (US)     5 / 36  
So far so plain.

Looks really great so far.

Can I expect a moat river?

Subindxsubin
"OMG return of the forummers! Welcome back, chaps!"-King Of Scots
"Holy......Subin's back!"-Venomrider
"For all who draw the sword will die by the sword-Jesus my lord
"I would send you some snow Subin if I knew it wouldn't melt."-Lady Arcola
"Congratz Jubu, you have eneded subin's tyrannical dictatorship"- Darkslave Master
posted 04-19-08 01:46 EST (US)     6 / 36  
Looks nice and craggy
posted 04-19-08 07:41 EST (US)     7 / 36  
This makes me wanna own stronghold.

IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES GUILLOTINE

YAH
posted 04-19-08 07:44 EST (US)     8 / 36  
If you own it, the chances are you will abandon it and go back to crusader. I did.

Subindxsubin
"OMG return of the forummers! Welcome back, chaps!"-King Of Scots
"Holy......Subin's back!"-Venomrider
"For all who draw the sword will die by the sword-Jesus my lord
"I would send you some snow Subin if I knew it wouldn't melt."-Lady Arcola
"Congratz Jubu, you have eneded subin's tyrannical dictatorship"- Darkslave Master
posted 04-19-08 08:42 EST (US)     9 / 36  
Or he could love it and never play crusader again.

I happily use both crusader and SH1, the chances that you will like it are just as great,

...subin what have i told you about turning people off SH1

Alexus.

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

posted 04-19-08 15:35 EST (US)     10 / 36  
wd you guys keep boring me, really can make for once a cranky not looking map so i can critize you. it is really ennoying that i have to spend whole days looking for bad things in your maps and end up bare-handed.

he you... ya you two maceman go and kill that lord..... what there is a big hunking wall around him? argh you fools! just chop it down with your mace, should work
posted 04-20-08 15:55 EST (US)     11 / 36  
haha well i guess my goal is to anger you as much as possible then?
no map is perfect but it pleases me to know you like what you see
thanks,
Arthus

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

posted 04-21-08 03:20 EST (US)     12 / 36  
Warlord_Designs simply do not make bad maps! An incredible landscape once again, gentlemen, even in this unfinished state! I'd love to see a really taxing economic scenario from you two, for what it's worth - maybe with a time limit involved?

I still can't get over that landscape...
posted 04-21-08 04:37 EST (US)     13 / 36  
thanks mate

As for a hard senario its a good idea, we havent done one in quite some time. I'd really like to get these freebuilds out but perhaps I can force Alexus to work on our other project, should put a tick near your suggestions

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

posted 04-21-08 14:46 EST (US)     14 / 36  
Really nice, its certainly going to be another great map
posted 04-23-08 14:21 EST (US)     15 / 36  
i hope that this time there will be a small corner spot for miniature castle builders like me(here we go again ). just make a huge nice looking map, and i will build a castle on the tinyiest least fancy looking place with almost no building space. lets see if i can build a castle on only 1/8 or 1/16 of the map.

(i smell a challenge in the air)
posted 04-23-08 15:53 EST (US)     16 / 36  
The ourea 2 and 3 will cater to your needs de keijzer, dont you worry about that

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

posted 04-23-08 16:15 EST (US)     17 / 36  
jeeha. muhahaha

edit: little question, what woud be the challinging part of this map? resources, building space, (moat)swamps?

[This message has been edited by de keijzer (edited 04-24-2008 @ 09:42 AM).]

posted 04-24-08 18:36 EST (US)     18 / 36  
It looks just as the First one and the screenshots you have posted. Truly masterful.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\¦| Seraph |¦//--/_____/
\\//\\//
°ºº°
posted 04-24-08 23:03 EST (US)     19 / 36  
thanks mate, nice to know it looks like the first one thats what i'm aiming for with the series - similarity.

wish i had more to say but we're still working on 'the ourea 2'. I wasnt happy with a few things and i never like to rush Alexus for a story. Cant be too far away now and when its released i'll post a new set of pictures for this map

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

posted 04-24-08 23:57 EST (US)     20 / 36  
Well, if you were looking for similarity I'd agree that you got it. I find it funny though, because I never actually DL'd any of these, so I don't know any of the stories, so I'm just imagining these people who are wondering around in different mountain areas going like this:

"Well how about this place?"
"This place sucks."
"Well we're staying here anyway."

*After a while*

"Okay, maybe staying here was a bad idea. Let's go somewhere else."

*Everyone moves*

"This place sucks too...It's almost the same as the last place. What did we do, just walk a half mile or what?"
"Shut up. At least it's new."

*After another while*

"Yeah, so all we did was walk half a mile, and, yes, this place sucks also I guess. Time to move on again."

*Moves*

"Okay, dude, we just walked another half mile and that's it. Look around. This place still sucks."
"Oh whatever. Who cares? I'm done moving around. If you want to leave, fine, but I'm sick of looking."
"After 1 whole mile covered in the space of x years? How lazy can you get? You know what, enjoy yourself. I'm outta here..."

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
posted 04-25-08 00:07 EST (US)     21 / 36  
nothing like that, and if the areas suck the villagers must be very very picky. I'd trade my city home for life in a valley ( New zealand here i come ) Each map has its own distinct feel, the similarity comes with the snow and mountains, i hope it doesnt stop people from downloading - people liked the first map and that was the key reason i stuck with the theme.

The stories differ but its the name of the map which links them, google 'Ourea' to find out more. Alexus is a great writer, his story will be much better than the one you are thinking of, thankfully

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

posted 04-25-08 00:19 EST (US)     22 / 36  
Were not going to see The Ourea 237?
posted 04-25-08 04:30 EST (US)     23 / 36  
"( New zealand here i come )"

I'd hate to live in a country where your neighbour, best friend, partner, livelihood and pet are all the one and same

(all in jest naturally; some trans-tasman banter hardly ever goes astray ['cept when some fool decides to invade turkey....... .....].. If the above comment gets rebuked with evidence to support NZ by this account, then ignore it, it's just the lesser half )
posted 04-25-08 06:56 EST (US)     24 / 36  
The only reason I say they'd say "this place sucks" is because, to me, the maps look chilly and not very hospitable, forboding even. Lol I should just DL them and find out what the heck is really going on.

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
posted 06-03-08 00:45 EST (US)     25 / 36  
So, with Ourea 2 out, can I assume your lives will be devoted to this map for the next month or so?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room » The Ourea 3 - By WarLord Designs
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames