Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Of Fire and of Water-an eyecandy by Monkcrazy5
posted 06-14-08 11:48 EST (US)   
Hi everyone, i've decided to make not one, but two, eyecandy maps! Of fire and of water will be two different maps on the subject of the 3x3 eraser. I'm starting with of water and then doing of fire. You can check my progress below.
OF FIRE-testing ideas

OF WATER-Making streets and civilian houses

OF FIRE PICTURES:

Sacrificial pit:

Those woodcutters cut down all of our trees except for the ones next to devil's chasm! Blast them! They must now all burn! Like the trees!

Volcano:

Ach. The volcano is just starting to erupt again, blast it! We might have to move again in this firey land.

Devil's chasm:

This gash in the land must be a path to hell, always smoking and steaming and burning everything!

OF WATER PICTURES:

This is how i'm doing so far.

~monkeycrazy

EDIT: Changed my mind, doing of water first.

Monkcrazy5

Creator of the maps"of fire and of water"

Livers are icky, he can keep it. I take my heads like any good barbarian-Subrosa
For the love of...leave my liver out of your sig!-Impspy

[This message has been edited by Monkcrazy5 (edited 06-22-2008 @ 11:25 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-14-08 12:05 EST (US)     1 / 13  
This looks great, but the volcano, how do you make it like that the fire dont fade away from the hole of the volcano?
posted 06-14-08 12:09 EST (US)     2 / 13  
It lasts for about 20 minutes on 45, 10 on 90, and so on. You get a wooden gatehouse, erase the turrets, put a woodcutters hut in place of a turret, put pitch near the hut, light the pitch, and erase, not destroy, the gatehouse. I just had a good idea for water.

Monkcrazy5

Livers are icky, he can keep it. I take my heads like any good barbarian-Subrosa
posted 06-14-08 13:03 EST (US)     3 / 13  
ahh, now i get it cool... so the fire lasts like it was onto building but in the truth there is now building cuz it's erased
posted 06-14-08 13:18 EST (US)     4 / 13  
Exactly. And this is going to be like new orleans, below water level using a dam to control the water. There's a lighthouse, and bailers in boats. I'm using cremulated wooden walls for the outline of the first ship, which will be a trading ship. Also, i'm going to make a massive warship called the Achilles. I'll post a minimap when I get enough of the port done.

Monkcrazy5

posted 06-14-08 13:29 EST (US)     5 / 13  
ok, i can't wait to see this map done, and the process, maybe it can teach me some tricks
posted 06-14-08 15:16 EST (US)     6 / 13  

Here's what I have so far, the lighthouse (REALLY need some suggestions here), The trading ship(the stairs won't be there) and the first part of the Achilles.

Here's a picture of the bailers (not bailar, isn't spanish class)

EDIT:

I decided i'm making cutsom stairs, and I finished the port. Here's one out of 4 finished.

Monkcrazy5

[This message has been edited by Monkcrazy5 (edited 06-14-2008 @ 05:24 PM).]

posted 06-15-08 12:27 EST (US)     7 / 13  
I've done so much since my last post! Here's 4 pics, of the port, the palace, the stockpile, and the temple.

Palace:

The rest in about 2 hours, I have to go right now.

Monkcrazy5

posted 06-15-08 13:48 EST (US)     8 / 13  
that palace looks fantastic, you can see that there's spent time on doing it
posted 06-15-08 14:48 EST (US)     9 / 13  
Is that as high as you can get the lighthouse? Would it be possible to get perma-fire up there?
posted 06-21-08 22:58 EST (US)     10 / 13  
Hey guys, sorry for the delay, but my house was getting tented for termites. I'm currently making roads and civilian houses, hopefully will have screenies up tomorrow!

Monkcrazy5

posted 06-21-08 23:27 EST (US)     11 / 13  
Hmm... Monkcrazy5, have you tried to do SimRPGplayer's method for erasing INSIDE buildings? That way, you can literally erase just the center of a square tower, and build inside it a perimeter tower on maximum terrain. You could create something like the lighthouse of alexandria...

Here is a link to a download of a tutorial I wrote on this trick: http://stronghold.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=4574

It's a finicky process, but it's certainly worth the effort!

..."religion is the opium of the masses"... - Karl Marx.
posted 06-22-08 10:56 EST (US)     12 / 13  
It's a great guide up to when you have to delete the perimeter turret. Um...there is no perimeter turret...

Monkcrazy5

posted 07-12-08 12:59 EST (US)     13 / 13  
howly cool ship you got there!

No pain, no gain!
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room » Of Fire and of Water-an eyecandy by Monkcrazy5
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames