Stronghold 2 and Legends: The Map Room
Moderated by Lady Arcola, peter2008, Doomsword, ericgolf

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Seven kingdoms- BETA
posted 02-11-07 16:47 EST (US)   
Overview

big map with place for 5 players, 4 estates and semi-realistic terrain. Played in Kingmaker mode. Estimated difficulty medium-hard. "unbalanced"

Background

I created this map with a different approch on gameplay, there are 5 kingdoms to choose from all of them has some form of strenght/weakness i cover that later along with the pics. there are 4 estates 3 of them are already assigned to a player and there is 1 "free" estate to fight over. basicly resources are very scarced and you will find your market your best friend.

History

The many dukes and nobles in this land becomes stirred up when the king announce that the authority of the Kings road shall be temporarily be handed over to the most fit noble. Without council the nobles of the economic powerhouse claims this title. Seeing how greedy they are by the other nobles they quickly become more and more hostile towards eachother. The anchor fortress and the riverside castle historicaly allways manage the maintenance and defence of the road sees this act as selfish and treason. And secretly discuss an action against them. They decide an meeting in the tavern with an represantive from the vassal states. But as allways the vassal states announce neutrality. later the powerhouse recive words from the states the plans against them. The powerhouse declare war. With all this going on an old enemy appears in the southeastern forest. to once again harrass the merchants and travelers on the road.

The Kingdoms

-The anchor-

This is the Defensive "anchor" atop of a small mountain, played by a human this kingdom is a tough nut to crack

-strenght one of the most hardest kingdom to siege
-weakness limited buildspace and lack of resources

-the waterside castle-

A quite balanced kingdom with good defensive capabilities and nearby estate.

-strenght capable of reciveing special resources from a nearby estate, good defensive capabilities.
-weakness small buildspace, isolated location.

-The vassal states-

A capable kingdom that got 3 locations to build on

-strenght smaller "vassal" states allow you to expand to nearby buildspaces
-weakness no resources whatsoever, nomadic location with poor defense capability.

-The powerhouse-

This is the economic powerhouse. assigned 2 estates right at the backyard yields for massive food production.

-strenght big buildspace, good economy
-weakness favoured by enemys to attack, nearby banditry

-The forest hideout-

Favoured place by olaf, here he can mount raids into the neighbouring lowlands

-strenght monopoly in wood production
-weakness nearly entirely surrounded by forest, nearby banditry

-The tavern-

One of many attachments to the kings road, This central tavern in seven kingdoms will switch ownership numuerous time during the game. Can provide your kingdom with a boost in food or precious stone.

Now you seen the kingdoms. The pics dont do the map justice so dont judge it by those.

Design notes

I have testplayed this map several times and the AI is active and cope with the different kingdoms very well. Though i call this map Beta because i have not seen this map mid-lategame so i cant really tell if something is bugged and needs to be fixed. Anyway here is an overview of Seven kingdoms

Email me for a Beta test and i will send you the map.
:Hp_tourguide@hotmail.com Put the file in

C:\Program\Firefly Studios\Stronghold 2\maps

Replies:
posted 02-11-07 17:33 EST (US)     1 / 2  
Looks interesting. Why haven't you play tested the map all the way through to completion, so you could see what all the AI Lords do?
posted 02-11-07 17:54 EST (US)     2 / 2  
Update:

I corrected a few bugs and design errors and it is playtested throughly so it is finished. I will upload this map tomorrow. And i hope someone will enjoy it.

[This message has been edited by Damnschool (edited 02-14-2007 @ 07:47 PM).]

Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2 and Legends: The Map Room » Seven kingdoms- BETA
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames