Please login or register

Stronghold 2 and Legends: The Map Room
Moderated by Lady Arcola, peter2008, Doomsword, ericgolf

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Cold Reception
posted 09-17-09 16:30 EST (US)   
I almost completed my newest project on Stronghold 2. I started testing the map, but unfortunately I don't now have the time to complete my testing (school & stuff). If you're interested in trying it out you can check out the minimap and download it from(And yeah, I created this forum solely for such things): http://victorsgameprojects.lefora.com/2009/09/17/cold-reception/page1/

Some basic info of the map:

Name: Cold Reception
Map Size: Large
Difficulty: Normal
Number of Missions: Three (for now)
Made with Version: 1.4.1
Story:
Not yet written, but it will certainly be the expansion of Worth The While map(submitted here). Basically:
Magnus Rolendis returns to his home kingdom of Lemnos and finds it ... well ... not so his anymore.

What I ask of you that you're willing to help is that:

-You play the map from beginning to the end and tell me what you liked, what you didn't like.
-Utmost importance: Report ANY bugs and mistakes you encounter.
-Tell me if you encounter an easier way to beat the map (something that wasn't supposed to happen).
-You tell me if it fits the difficulty I've suggested.
-Tell me anything you can think of to make the map better.
-And also ... tell me if you'd like the story to continue.
That would be most of it. If you think of something else, feel free to mention it.

Thanks,
VictorZOU
Replies:
posted 09-17-09 18:58 EST (US)     1 / 21  
Hey Victor glad to see you found your way to the forums! I would get a copy of your map but the attachment link just sends me to the top of the page

/\.........................../\
/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
/_/./././|||||||||||||\.\.\.\_\
/_/./_/{||||||||||}\_\.\_\
/_/......X..|||..X......\_\
posted 09-17-09 23:07 EST (US)     2 / 21  
Hello, Victor!

Same with me . . .

Odyss

Wendell: It's a mess, ain't it, sheriff?
Ed Tom Bell: If it ain't, it'll do till the mess gets here.

Maps you need to play (partial list based on my preferences)= anything by: HorseArcher06, Sir MichaelP, SirWhiteWolf, Gordon Farrell, lord dredde, Psycho Jester, Stratego, Sir_Vet, TwoDie
posted 09-18-09 13:39 EST (US)     3 / 21  
It seems you have to be logged in to do that. I suggest registering(the most simple solution). I assure you, this is not a move to force you to register. In fact, if you don't want to do that, i can create one other account and write it here or i can send you the map by mail.

Thanks,

VictorZOU

EDIT:

OK, you can login in the forum with the following data (if you don't create your own account):
name: tester
password: wasted

[This message has been edited by VictorZOU (edited 09-18-2009 @ 02:55 PM).]

posted 09-19-09 12:05 EST (US)     4 / 21  
The map locks up my SH2 game so I have to restart my PC. Have you tried the d/l yourself Victor? You can mail it to me if you want and I'll try again.

/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\

[This message has been edited by Doomsword (edited 09-19-2009 @ 04:53 PM).]

posted 09-19-09 15:04 EST (US)     5 / 21  
Well, i did download it now and it works just fine (for now). I'm in the first mission. When does it do that?
posted 09-19-09 16:52 EST (US)     6 / 21  
I downloaded it again and it works for me now, it was freezing right after you pick the map and click the arrow to go to the briefing screen.

/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
posted 09-26-09 17:15 EST (US)     7 / 21  
I started to play but have since had to re-install my OS to wipe out some nasty intrusions. I got as far as when Sir Grey attacks Edwin. I gathered all my troops up and joined in his siege. I got a knight and swordsman to the top of the keep but we were defeated, luckily I saveed right before the ill fated attack so I can pick right up again.

We get to build Blacksmiths but no armorer, making the swords kind of, heh... pointless.

/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
posted 09-27-09 05:22 EST (US)     8 / 21  
Well, its meant that you're unable to make swords in the first mission, so that's one mistake.

Sir Grey attacks Edwin? It seems that's the second thing to fix as he's supposed to be totally idle ... If it was scripted, then i don't remember it ...

Thanks for your feedback. If you encounter something weird again, please write it.

VictorZOU
posted 09-27-09 12:35 EST (US)     9 / 21  
Hello Victor. I haven't finished the map yet, but I looked at your scripting and if you want Sir Grey to be Idle add a new event-> Control lords AI-> Sir Grey-> Off. And that should be all you need to stop him from sieging Edwin.

EDIT: I just noticed that on mission 2, next to the second gate there is a peasant stuck just outside of the map zone. I'd gladly help you fix it, but I don't know how. It does seem to have something the do with taking Greys Castle.

"How d'you do?
Fine, how how're you?
How you come on?
Pretty good sure's you born."
--- 'How Do You Do', Disney's 'Song of the South'. ---

[This message has been edited by Russano (edited 09-27-2009 @ 01:44 PM).]

posted 09-27-09 12:46 EST (US)     10 / 21  
Thanks.
posted 09-27-09 14:30 EST (US)     11 / 21  
I finished it and didn't find any major bugs. The only thing I really noticed was the peasant stuck outside the map area. Not that it harms game play, it just looks odd.

"How d'you do?
Fine, how how're you?
How you come on?
Pretty good sure's you born."
--- 'How Do You Do', Disney's 'Song of the South'. ---
posted 09-29-09 09:18 EST (US)     12 / 21  
I played up to the castle switch, then it crashed. Could be the peasant in the void. Have to d/l the map again, forgot to save it when I nuked my c drive.

After I killed Edwin it did not give me his estate, it was still under Edwin control. (edit; oh I see he becomes a 'friend)

How does that peasant get out there anyway?

/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\

[This message has been edited by Doomsword (edited 09-29-2009 @ 10:43 AM).]

posted 09-29-09 11:39 EST (US)     13 / 21  
where's that peasant? i didn't notice any ...
EDIT: I've tried the map myself now and you're right ... it freezes after you take sir grey's city. I'll try and fix it.

[This message has been edited by VictorZOU (edited 09-29-2009 @ 01:22 PM).]

posted 09-29-09 17:25 EST (US)     14 / 21  
The peasant in my game was just off of Sir Grey's Stockpile a few square to the west. No idea where he came from.

/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
posted 10-16-09 16:31 EST (US)     15 / 21  
OK, after some break from making maps, I'm back ... But, to the task at hand:
I've finally noticed that annoying peasant you've been talking about.

What do you suggest? Wipe & rebuild like Worth The While? I'd like to get this map posted fast, as my newer will be much better (check out my latest freebuild maps you guys and you'll see).

EDIT: And by the way: What's the difficulty like in mission 1? IS it for normal?

[This message has been edited by VictorZOU (edited 10-16-2009 @ 04:41 PM).]

posted 10-16-09 20:29 EST (US)     16 / 21  
That is very close to where mine was. Not really sure if it is the same looking peasant type. He is not always there and I couldn't catch him showing up. Not knowing the cause, I can't recommend a fix. I mean, its a large map, right? He shouldn't be there even if he was banged out there by some ballista. I don't know how much time you have invested. If you can't pin down the bug you would have to wipe it out, but then you got the other one to work

I'd say normal difficulty is right. Only having spearmen and archers to back up a couple armored units is nice and can get the job done. I would add some more detrimental actions if you do not take over Edwin soon enough. Maybe a seemingly random outlaw invasion to disrupt the early economy a little more. Nothing too strong.

/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
posted 10-17-09 14:31 EST (US)     17 / 21  
Thanks. And I have good news. I think I just solved the problem. I'll update the map and inform you as soon as I've tested it.

EDIT:

I tested the map and found no problems. Because I have more projects in mind, I uploaded it. If you find a bug however, you're still welcome to write it down. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by VictorZOU (edited 10-27-2009 @ 08:31 AM).]

posted 10-27-09 08:30 EST (US)     18 / 21  
I can get to your map tonight Victor.

/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
posted 10-27-09 21:10 EST (US)     19 / 21  
So far so good. I am having difficulty managing Sir Greys estate after the switch, I can't get good weapon production going, but it was my first try.

Sir William was siegeing The Bull.

/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
posted 11-05-09 10:37 EST (US)     20 / 21  
Please review if you want. I'd like to get some opinion ...
I'm fine with Sir William attacking Bull ...
offtopic:

Doomsword, When will the map that Lord Denis has recently submitted be up? (I think it's called On The Grass and he wants me to review it ...)

[This message has been edited by VictorZOU (edited 11-05-2009 @ 10:39 AM).]

posted 11-05-09 19:28 EST (US)     21 / 21  
Does Lord Denis check his e-mail? I wrote him about not having access to half of his map due to incomplete river fords. I couldn't get to the troops I was supposed to kill unless I sieged them with a gigantic hoard of Pictish Boatmen! I seriously thought about copying you on that e-mail.

/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2 and Legends: The Map Room » Cold Reception
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames