You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, peter2008, Doomsword

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Broken Siege (working title)
posted 06-20-05 19:58 EST (US)   
Currently working on my first map, a war scenario, that involves capturing an enemies castle (yes you actually take it over once you kill the resident lord). The interesting part, is that in turn leaves a Friendly Castle Estate in my previous castle. I'll give a rough detail of how to do this (it is rather easy)

First make a war scenario, for the first mission you can do whatever you want (I chose for the victory condition to be to kill the lord of the castle I intended to occupy)

Second, add a second mission, and for the trigger set it to Always, then set the result to "Take Enemy's Castle." You will be prompted for which castle, I chose the same lord that was the victory condition in the previous mission.

That is it, after you successfully complete your first mission, you will automatically switch castles to the one you chose in Mission 2. The castle you had in Mission 1 will now be a friendly castle estate, that you can choose to have economic, defensive, or aggressive stance.

Hope this helps someone (anyone can feel free to make a better structured tutorial if you wish)

Here is a teaser pick of my map still a WIP, back story to follow later, but essentially you are the remnants of an army hiding in a forest.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/jeroddunn/ForestofForeboding.jpg

And the big bad fortress you eventually have to conquer (the last objective)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/jeroddunn/FortressofMountAppernel.jpg

[This message has been edited by Redeye CoV (edited 06-20-2005 @ 08:19 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06-21-05 00:26 EST (US)     1 / 8  
That is an interesting idea Redeye CoV, it would work nicely in the war scenario I have been tinkering with. Look forward to downloading your map when it is done, so I can see how you set up the scenario.

«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»
Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~
posted 06-21-05 01:39 EST (US)     2 / 8  
If you are interested in seeing how the estate change works I can send you a version of the map as it is. It is currently in working order, I'm just adding in the fine details, like objectives and terrain. :-) But as it stands you can currently play and make the switch, although I recomend opening it up in the editor and giving yourself a lot of units to speed up the process.

Feel free to e-mail me _jeroddunn_ _at_ _gmail_ _dot_ _com_

posted 06-21-05 05:25 EST (US)     3 / 8  
Thanks Redeye CoV, that would be great.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~
posted 06-21-05 11:38 EST (US)     4 / 8  
Looking forward to the mao Redeye, i noticed in the second screenshot you have the dip and rise thingy infront of the wall that was mentioned in one of the topics in the first forum. It looks really good.
posted 06-21-05 17:44 EST (US)     5 / 8  
Yeah, I was wanting to make it larger, well have the actual castle up higher, one more level or so, but it wouldn't work because I also wanted to make my interior wall twice as tall as the exterior wall, which uses ocean terrain to manipulate, which can only be on the lowest tile.. oh well.
posted 06-27-05 02:43 EST (US)     6 / 8  
How Did you raise your wals so high?
posted 06-29-05 01:35 EST (US)     7 / 8  
To make the tall walls you need to lower the ground to sea level. Then raise the portion of land you want the wall to be on to say 3 or so heights.. then place sea all around the raised land. Place the wall on the max height on the edge. Then with the sea placed, raise the land around the outside of the wall to the same height, you will need to use that weird button over by the delete option. Once you have that go back to the sea and erase all the ocean... then your wall will pop down. I think there is a far better tutorial at www.stronghold-knights.comI would check there.
posted 06-30-05 09:52 EST (US)     8 / 8  
The tutorial is here.

It's far more complex to make tall walls in SH2 that in previous versions of the game, but it is doable and the end result works similar to previous versions (eg. destroy a wall and the terrain will be left behind).

Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Broken Siege (working title)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames