You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, peter2008, Doomsword

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Any try taking units from SH3 to import to SH2?
posted 06-19-15 23:38 EST (US)   
I was wondering?

I tried using the .v converter but the file still couldn't be opened. I am assuming they removed the ability of the converter to open the Core.v files.

But reading old threads , many back then did open it and had access to the files.

Did Firefly use .G2 files for the units and if so has anyone tried to import them to SH2?

I think it would be nice to have some nicer units or different units for mods.

If one has the units files I would love to download them for testing.

Lord Grant

Replies:
posted 06-20-15 13:52 EST (US)     1 / 4  
I'm not 100% sure about SH3, but I do know this is possible in Stronghold Crusader 2.

See this tutorial I wrote: http://www.strongholdnation.co.uk/article/167-enable-viewing-all-game-files

It may work with SH3, but I don't know this.
posted 06-20-15 18:19 EST (US)     2 / 4  
Thats good, is it possible for you to upload the .g2 file and dds for the main units to see what is compatible with SH2 and what is not. For all I know the files may not work, but if they are .G2 they should.

Lord Grant

posted 06-22-15 02:36 EST (US)     3 / 4  
No. We will not do your project for you.

You should be able to get the necessary files by following the tutorial.
posted 06-23-15 03:37 EST (US)     4 / 4  
The exporter for .v files doesn't work. I think FF changed the game in patch so the importer will not work now. So that is why I asked you if you had the files already exported.

Kinda a hostile way of responding for just asking for files with not modification done to them. If the .v exporter doesn't work anymore then it makes since to ask someone who already successfully exported the files a while back.

Does matter this site seems dead, which is a shame as I have been using this sight since SH2 days.

Lord Grant

Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Any try taking units from SH3 to import to SH2?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames