You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Issues
Moderated by Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: What is d3dx9_27.dll a part of?
posted 03-16-09 17:07 EST (US)   
Hi all. I'm having a bit of trouble. I know I have driver issues, but not being online with my own personal machine, it's a little difficult to diagnose. No auto updates or scans.

My old comp had a 4 year old copy(at least) of xp pro with direct x 9.0c(at least). SH2 was patched to 1.4.1 and worked fine.

I just bought a second hand IBM Thinkcentre with a P4 2.8, a 2002 OEM version of xp home and 'who knows' what motherboard drivers. I installed service pack 2 for xp and the latest drivers for my old graphics card. I installed SH2 and ran it.(ver 1.0) Then I installed patches 1.4 and 1.4.1 back to back.

When I run SH2 it immediately say I'm missing d3dx9_27.dll.
This sounds like a dx file but no such file exists on the SH2 cd's.(???) If it's not a dx driver then what is it part of? Perhaps service pack 3 or 4....etc or perhaps associated with my graphics driver. If it is a dx file, then why isn't it part of dx 9.0c on the SH2 cd?

dxdiag says that I have dx 9.0c installed but I never installed it myself. (unless SH2 installs dx automatically if needed) Most of the files listed show version 5.(something), created in 2005. Shouldn't these be version 9.(something)created at a later date?

This may or may not be unrelated...when my comp boots, it says I can't run the Catayst control centre (software graphics controller) for my Radeon x800 xt because .net framework 2.0 was not found. This is probably something in service pack 3 or later I'm guessing. I'm also guessing my old OS of xp pro had more updates included than I have right now.

Any ideas? I'll have another opportunity in a couple of days to dl whatever else I'm going to need on a friends highspeed connection. The rest of the service packs and the latest dx version are on the top of my list.

What's with the old saying, "Like having your cake and eating it too"? That's easy.
Now, eating your cake and still having it, that's a wee bit harder to do.

[This message has been edited by Ouly (edited 03-16-2009 @ 05:27 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-16-09 20:01 EST (US)     1 / 4  
The file is part of DirectX. For correcting the problem install the latest release of DirectX.

If you can't find it at Microsoft, DirectX is available for download here:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/DirectX_Redistributable_d2924.html

For installing simply run the file you downloaded, then go to the folder it extracted itself into and run DXSETUP.

.NET 2 can be downloaded from Microsoft here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displayla ng=en
(If link does not work please search google for: .NET 2 download)

After installation of the .NET 2 redistributable, make sure to update on Windows Update.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 03-17-09 09:33 EST (US)     2 / 4  
Thanks PCDania

I figured it was part of dx. I'm just stumped as to why the game worked with dx 9.0c before but not now. Weird.

As for going online to update, that won't happen unless I buy a modem for my comp and get set up online. Even then, most updates are too big for dial-up.

Getting this comp I'm using now online and up-to-date has been a real pain as well because of dial-up. At least this 1 is now working right.

What's with the old saying, "Like having your cake and eating it too"? That's easy.
Now, eating your cake and still having it, that's a wee bit harder to do.
posted 03-17-09 11:32 EST (US)     3 / 4  
Some gaming magazines includes a CD or DVD that often has DirectX on it.

It's more and more common when installing games that the version of DirectX available at the time of release of the game is automatically installed too.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 03-17-09 13:47 EST (US)     4 / 4  
Hi Ouly, Great to see you have your computer up and running.

The "d3dx9_27.dll" is a windows system file, it's 2.2 mgs.

I have the file here, I will email it to you.

The file goes into the windows system32 folder.

The framework package is 22mgs, you can get it yourself from microsoft, google framework 2.

I hope that helps!

Sir_Vet

PS: Check your email, the file has been sent.

[This message has been edited by Sir_Vet (edited 03-17-2009 @ 01:55 PM).]

Stronghold 2 » Forums » Technical Issues » What is d3dx9_27.dll a part of?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames