Stronghold 3: General Discussions
Moderated by Lady Arcola, Lord Michael I, Doomsword, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: stronghold 3 hot working for me no mouse pointer
posted 04-07-14 03:09 EST (US)   
stronghold 3

hi all I just bought stronghold 3 GOLD the game loaded it went to steam and loaded all the patches I think.when all that finished . I started the game , and was unable to do anything could not see the mouse pointer at all I had to use task master to get out . I run windows 7 professional 8 gig of ram ati hd 5670 graphics card cpu is dual core e5400 2.7 ghz processor can anyone help is it a patch or is my set up doing it thanks for any help
Replies:
posted 04-07-14 08:32 EST (US)     1 / 8  
Hi orcon

Try install the latest driver for your graphics card
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

After installation, restart your computer.

Also install the latest update to directX.

DirectX End-User Runtime Installer
Select "No Thanks and Continue" to the "May We Also Suggest..." screen if you get that one.

Select "Run" when the download popup appears.
(There might be a popup asking if you will allow it to run, say "Yes" to that).
When the installer starts, remove the Check for installing the "Bing Bar".
Installation might take a few minutes.

Restart your computer after it has finished updating DirectX on your computer.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 04-09-14 03:00 EST (US)     2 / 8  
hi I tried all the suggestions no luck still the same thing can not see where the dam mouse pointer is on the screen .
this has happened before and was unable to fix the problem ,that game sits there collecting dust (war craft 3)but supreme commander 1 and 2 work perfectly fine

[This message has been edited by orcon (edited 04-09-2014 @ 03:10 AM).]

posted 04-09-14 09:00 EST (US)     3 / 8  
Try disable Pointer Trails in the settings for the mouse in Control Panel.

Also, make sure the Magnifier is Disabled

Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> Ease of Access --> Ease of Access Center
Click on "Make the computer easier to see"
Remove check from "Turn on Magnifier" and click OK

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 04-12-14 06:19 EST (US)     4 / 8  
ok have tried suggestion ,no luck still can not see the mouse pointer . I wonder if it is some setting I have missed , checked all still no luck . looks like I will have one more to add to my collection of games I can't play because of the exact some problem so frustrating . Again thanks for all the suggestions .
cheers
orcon
posted 04-12-14 06:33 EST (US)     5 / 8  
Try this:

WINDOWS + R -> [TYPE] c:\windows\system32\WF.msc -> [Press Enter]

Open it up. You may be prompted for administrator permission or a password. If so, enter it then continue.

You should click the "Outbound rules" icon on the top left.

Next, on the right, click "New Rule".

Make sure that "Program" is selected, then click Next.

Make sure that "This Program Path" is selected and click browse. Go to the root directory of stronghold 3 - the default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stronghold3\bin\win32_release\. You need to select the main Stronghold 3 application.

Click Next, then "Allow Connection". You have just allowed Stronghold 3 through your firewall - but that's only one of two steps. You will need to setup an inbound rule as well otherwise nothing will be allowed into your computer, but it will be allowed out.

Go to the top left, click "Inbound Rules" and repeat the steps above.

[This message has been edited by Duke Chris (edited 04-12-2014 @ 09:36 AM).]

posted 04-17-14 01:38 EST (US)     6 / 8  
HI ALL
the game seems to play I think it is the pointer of my mouse is not visible to me , if i move the mouse carefully and watch the screen real close I can see the mouse what it is interacting with it is just I can't see it to play the game . this same thing has happened with other games like theatre of war and company of heroes and war craft 3, yet supreme commander 1 and 2 are ok war hammer works
ages of (kings ,empires mythology)they work .so it seems to be a problem with some games but others it is OK.has anyone encountered a similar problem like mouse pointer not visible ,or is this game going to sit in a draw and collect dust like the others that I can not play.point of interest it works on my friends 32 bit machine ????it a laptop!! so thanks am still looking for solution to my little problem .
cheers
orcon
posted 04-17-14 03:09 EST (US)     7 / 8  
Have you tried the suggestion by Duke Chris?

Have you tried disabling Aero in Windows 7?

When having that kind of problems with several games, the cause is usually outdated mouse driver or outdated graphics driver, or that people use animated cursors or a cursor other than the one used by default in Windows.

posted 04-23-14 01:04 EST (US)     8 / 8  
hi to all
I had a friend come over the weekend and sorted out the problem something to do with the mouse software , we got rid of that and put n a generic driver and it now works just fine . A big thankyou to all who gave me ideas and helped to try to get it going ,it turned out to be a driver I was using for my mouse .it solved the problem as well for the other games I could not get to work . so for me it was a suspect driver . again thanks.
cheers
orcon
my friend saw the post by pcDania which gave him the idea to check out if that is what is causing the problem and it was .

[This message has been edited by orcon (edited 04-23-2014 @ 01:12 AM).]

Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 3: General Discussions » stronghold 3 hot working for me no mouse pointer
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames