Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Advanced Workshops
posted 05-18-07 21:34 EST (US)   
Whether a bakery or brewery, armory or blacksmith, Workshops are fundamental to a great Stronghold design. This tutorial utilizes the graphics switch a workshop undergoes when it is placed next to a stone wall. This is not an easy trick to use and it may take some a little practice to master.

Step 1 :

Place a 2 tile x 3 tile stone block as seen in the first picture.

Step 2 :

Place a Wooden Gatehouse exactly as it is seen in the following picture. Make sure to orient the gatehouse correctly.

Step 3 :

Repeat Step 1 as seen below.

Step 4 :

Repeat Step 2 as seen below.

Step 5 :

Add a Large Square Stone Tower as seen in the following picture.

Step 6 :

Immediately erase the Large Square Stone Tower but make sure to leave the Wooden Gatehouses.

Step 7 :

Place four stone wall units exactly as seen in the following picture.

Step 8 :

Attach the workshop of your choice to the four stone wall units.

Step 9 :

Now, delete everything but your workshop.

Step 10 :

You will notice a 1 tile x 4 tile strip of the workshop missing. Place four new stone wall units directly on top of this missing strip of tiles.

Step 11 :

Attach another workshop of your choosing to the four new stone wall units as seen and then delete the stone wall units.

For this tutorial I used two tanner’s workshops. As you can see, both workshops are fully functional.

Many designs are possible. Patience and some good planning are necessary but once this trick is mastered, only your imagination and amount of investment will limit you.

UnikUnok

'And they that shall be of thee shall build up the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in' - Isaiah

[This message has been edited by UnikUnok (edited 05-18-2007 @ 09:56 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-18-07 22:24 EST (US)     1 / 5  
Very nice - looks impressive once it all comes together!

Duke of York
"..The Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world." 1 John 4:14
posted 05-18-07 23:48 EST (US)     2 / 5  
Great use of the Magic Eraser. Should help in my competition map.

To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so.
Robert Orben
posted 05-19-07 04:51 EST (US)     3 / 5  
Great! No more walls between workshops. It's good that the magic eraser is stiil finding new uses, good work UnikUnok.

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins
posted 05-19-07 06:15 EST (US)     4 / 5  
Wonderful work! This definitely will be used in my forthcoming Bretwalda - Wessex map!
posted 07-28-07 04:40 EST (US)     5 / 5  
In the final picture of the above tutorial you will see a 4-square Blacksmith's workshop.

This picture is from my map, Ramel which was released into the Siege Downloads section on May 31st 2007. For more on Advanced Workshops and how to build a 4-square workshop go here :

http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=3125&st=recent&f=4,3125,0,10

'And they that shall be of thee shall build up the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in' - Isaiah

[This message has been edited by UnikUnok (edited 07-28-2007 @ 04:53 AM).]

Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Advanced Workshops
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames