Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Advanced Workshops II
posted 07-28-07 04:51 EST (US)   
Whether a bakery, brewery, weapon smith or any combination thereof, this elaborate and functional eye-candy will enhance any map.

As requested, the following tutorial will teach you how to create the 4-Square Workshop. This is not an easy building to create but with a little practice and patience it can be done by anyone. You may wish to familiarize yourself with the first Advanced Workshops tutorial before proceeding. This tutorial will give you a better understanding of the techniques you will be using here. Although by no means necessary, the tutorial can be found here:

http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,3086,,10

WARNING Using this trick can result in a modulated workshop become PERMANENT once it is saved onto a map. You will not be able to delete it, EVER!

There are two ways to avoid this.

1. ALWAYS keep a back up file. This way you can go back if you need to.

2. Be diligent in your gatehouse placement. Make sure to note the order in which you place them. Gatehouses must always be deleted in the opposite order in which they were placed. In other words, last one placed deletes first. Deleting gatehouses out of sequence is what causes this irreparable glitch.

For the sake of this tutorial, orient the map so the compass heading is pointing North.

Step 1

Create a 6 x 2 stone tile block.

Step 2

Add a 2 x 3 stone tile spur as seen below.

Step 3

Place 3 Wooden Gatehouses exactly as they are seen in the following picture. Make sure to orient the gatehouses correctly.

Step 4

Now, place then immediately delete a Large Square Tower between the gatehouses.

Step 5

Place 7 stone tile units in the form of an L as seen in the following picture.

Step 6

Add the workshop of your choice as follows.

Step 7

Delete everything but the workshop.

Step 8

Create another block out of stone tiles exactly where and how you see in the following picture.

Step 9

Add the following stone tile spur as seen below.

Step 10

Place 3 Wooden Gatehouses exactly as they are seen in the following picture. Make sure to orient the gatehouses correctly.

Step 11

Like the Large Stone Tower in step 4, use the small perimeter turret to clear the space in between the three gatehouses as seen here.

Step 12

Place 7 stone tile units in the form of an L as you did in step 6. Your L’s cornerstone should intersect with the first workshop you placed as seen in the following picture.

Step 13

Place another workshop of your choosing exactly as seen below.

Step 14

Delete everything but the 2 workshops.

Step 15

Fill each erased tile of the 2 workshops you have placed with stone tiles. What you see following is the bizarre effect this will create which can be used for other eye-candy tricks.

Step 16

Place two more workshops of your choosing as seen below.

Step 17

Now, very carefully place your pointer over each stone tile you placed and delete them.

As you can see the workshops are still fully functional. Yes, that is a Knight in the kitchen. Your new workshop comes complete with secret passages for your troops! Now you have one of the newest design tricks out there added to your arsenal!

To own this workshop immediately download my map Ramel which released into the Siege Downloads section on May 31st 2007.

Happy Designing!
UnikUnok

'And they that shall be of thee shall build up the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in' - Isaiah

[This message has been edited by UnikUnok (edited 05-24-2009 @ 05:27 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-28-07 05:57 EST (US)     1 / 13  
That is amazing. One day I might get into the magic eraser...
posted 07-28-07 13:22 EST (US)     2 / 13  
Thats really awsome mate I liked it a lot.
Say UU could I trouble you to ask about the wheat farms in your new map Harlow's wood. How do you make the fields without the cabin attached to it.

Morbid Angel
BM corp.

If it's a doze it's a doze, if it's life it's life, the evironment can never be bliss. Author: Luben Karavelov.
posted 07-28-07 13:27 EST (US)     3 / 13  
I can answer that BMC.. although, if you look over at Harlow's Woods Map page (in the map design forum) I have posted my way of doing so. It may be slightly tricky to understand though
Nice way of elaborating on your earlier design, UU! ^^
posted 07-28-07 13:37 EST (US)     4 / 13  
Sorry mate but I don't understand how this works indeed it's kinda tricky but don't worry theres no problem and honestly im starting to feel silly about writing about something different in UU's thread.

My apologies Unik Unok.

Morbid Angel
BM corp.

If it's a doze it's a doze, if it's life it's life, the evironment can never be bliss. Author: Luben Karavelov.
posted 07-28-07 13:43 EST (US)     5 / 13  
This is SO neat! I'll have to use this trick sometime...

I used to dabble a bit with magic erasers, but I didn't really like them that much because I was always left with indestructible artifacts.

..."religion is the opium of the masses"... - Karl Marx.

[This message has been edited by artofmath (edited 07-28-2007 @ 01:45 PM).]

posted 07-28-07 22:38 EST (US)     6 / 13  
Glad you all liked the tutorial, more to come.

That is quite all right BMC.

The knowledge you seek can be found here:

http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,3095,30,all

'And they that shall be of thee shall build up the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in' - Isaiah
posted 07-29-07 02:56 EST (US)     7 / 13  
Thank you so much Unik Unok Im very grateful that you helped me mate.Thanx a lot.

Morbid Angel
BM corp.

posted 09-05-07 16:40 EST (US)     8 / 13  
I've found a far easier and simpler approach to the positioning of the gatehouses. People seem to forget that you can build a 6 x 8 magic eraser in only 3 steps:

1. Place 4 wooden gtehouses as a rectangle.
2. Erase wooden platforms.
3. Add square towers and delete them, to get rid of the walls.

..."religion is the opium of the masses"... - Karl Marx.
posted 04-21-09 09:30 EST (US)     9 / 13  
Damn cool, but i use Crusader
posted 05-02-09 19:15 EST (US)     10 / 13  
Aieeee! Look at all those busted links I have to fix!

posted 05-04-09 23:19 EST (US)     11 / 13  
Yeah unfortunantly that happens over time, i'd fix it but you're the only one with the pictures (i hope).
Either way I can still follow it so you can't say it's a big issue
posted 05-24-09 17:28 EST (US)     12 / 13  
Whew! Found them. All pic. links repaired!

posted 05-24-09 18:06 EST (US)     13 / 13  
Well done
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Advanced Workshops II
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames