Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Custom Stone Quarry
posted 04-16-09 03:52 EST (US)   
Step 1:
Create your easy 6x6 Magic eraser. If you don’t know how to do this you can find out Here

Step 2:
Fill the 6x6 area with Boulders. It doesnt have to be exact.

Step 3:
Place a Stone Quarry within the 6x6 area. If you aren't happy with where the little stockpile appears cover the the area with Boulders, the stockpile will move to the areas that aren't covered.

Step 4:

Delete the wooden Gatehouses.

Now when you place a keep workers will begin labour and you wont see that annoying Quarry. Its looks great around damaged buildings, and can give the impression of a construction site. Place as many as you need.

Have fun

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it -Voltaire
Replies:
posted 04-16-09 10:12 EST (US)     1 / 12  
do you still need workers for the quarry itself?

Hey everyone, I would really appreciate a review for my SH1 invasion map, Iron Mountains
posted 04-16-09 11:37 EST (US)     2 / 12  
"NO." Lol, that's just what I had found out, too .

MoP: Yes, the stone masons enter the hidden wooden part of quarry.

Of Honour without Fame,
Of Greatness without Splendour,
Of Dignity without Pay
- Walter Benjamin
posted 04-16-09 12:22 EST (US)     3 / 12  
lol I had a feeling you were onto something, could't let you take the credit

We were going to use it in the Mayan map, good to see your creative cogs are turning well,

hows your map coming along?

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it -Voltaire
posted 04-16-09 17:17 EST (US)     4 / 12  
This is a great trick, i remember we were planning to use it for our Volcano map as well.
Not sure why it has taken so long for a tutorial but i'm happy it is out thanks Alexus, i've added it to the "list of tutorials".
posted 04-17-09 03:31 EST (US)     5 / 12  
The credits are very well worth in good hands with you. It is an application of your genious 6x6 magic eraser trick.

The map, "Ellwangen" in is its beginnings only. I'll do lots of basic testing first to know things actively before I implement them in the main concept. Custom quarries will play a crucial and functional role.

Of Honour without Fame,
Of Dignity without Pay
- Walter Benjamin
posted 04-17-09 04:46 EST (US)     6 / 12  
So the invisible quarries keep producing stone? Amazing.

Hey. I wonder if the invisible workers get influenced by fear factor?
posted 04-17-09 18:02 EST (US)     7 / 12  
Damn. Why the Crusader editor doesnt allow such great things...

"We should eat to live; not live to eat."-Sokrates

( ) ( )
( ._. )
(_( )( )
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny to help him gain world domination!
posted 04-19-09 08:40 EST (US)     8 / 12  
Kind of related to this, has anyone noticed that in one of the crusader trail missions (you are stuck between 2 lionhearts) that free stone appears in your stockpile sometimes when you play the game?
posted 04-19-09 17:15 EST (US)     9 / 12  
Made a test: 2 times 2 custom quarries belonging to different players' villages. One faction had -5 fear factor.
---> No difference in the productivity of the custom quarries !!

---------------
Dump, that feature is not teleportation from existing quarries?

Of Honour without Fame,
Of Dignity without Pay
- Walter Benjamin
posted 04-21-09 09:16 EST (US)     10 / 12  
This is work in Crusader?
posted 04-21-09 09:36 EST (US)     11 / 12  
Nope.

posted 05-02-09 19:03 EST (US)     12 / 12  
Excellent work. I used this with pitch riggers for the Heligoland Bight.

This is pasted from that post :

(note ‘built in’ Pitch riggers!!!)

It does not work with Iron miners I have found as the workers tend to freeze at the mine.

Nice Tutorial my friends.

EDIT:
Dumptrailer2 said
"Kind of related to this, has anyone noticed that in one of the crusader trail missions (you are stuck between 2 lionhearts) that free stone appears in your stockpile sometimes when you play the game?"

Oh my good man, You have reminded me of something! Years ago I made a stone teleporter. Although I haven't used it in a map. I still have the .save file!

'And they that shall be of thee shall build up the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in' - Isaiah

[This message has been edited by UnikUnok (edited 05-02-2009 @ 07:23 PM).]

Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Custom Stone Quarry
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames