Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Trained Oxen
posted 12-20-12 15:05 EST (US)   
As I was cleaning out some old SH folders I found a couple of unpublished Gems!

DIFFICULTY: EASY

TRAINED OXEN
This is an easy modulation of my old Oxless Stone Tether Trick. SO easy it hurts, This new trick will increase your stone production by up to 100%! *

Step 1 :

Here we see the oxless tether trick being used in the church under construction eye candy in my map Ambush At Manathma.

Step 2

For ease of this tutorial, Flatten the map (spacebar) so you can see inside the bell tower.

Step 3

Delete the four pieces of stone as seen in the picture above.

Step 4

Now, Raise the terrain were the four deleted stone tiles were to match the height of the rest of the bell tower floor, (Level 3 height)

Step 5

Guess what? THAT’S IT! Watch your oxen magically appear!

Step 6

Now wait for your stone laborers to fill up the stone tethers.

Step 7

Your load of stone will vanish as in the old oxless tether trick. Your stone laborers will do an about face at the tether as they reset. Wait a second for the oxen to kick back in.....

Step 8

WHAT IS THIS! Those laborers are still loading stone!!!! Who is leading the OXEN!

Step 9

Gee, I guess they must be TRAINED OXEN!

* Depending on stockpile distance from ox tethers

ENJOY

More tutorials to follow!

UU

'And they that shall be of thee shall build up the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in' - Isaiah

[This message has been edited by UnikUnok (edited 12-20-2012 @ 07:20 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-27-12 03:25 EST (US)     1 / 3  
Great job Unik Unok!

Thank you for this tutorial. This would add a fabulous bit of extra fun to any new map.
posted 04-13-13 14:31 EST (US)     2 / 3  
What exactly must be done with an ox tether to remove the ox (for using the oxless stone tether trick)?

I tried...
- completely surrounding the tether with wall -> not accessible for workers
- surrounding it with walls 1 block thick, but with some stairs leading to the inside, directly next to it -> ox appeared outside the walls
- using some stairs again, and more walls -> no ox this time... but the worker collects 8 stones, then they just disappear (and don't appear in the stockpile), so that configuration just deleted the stone. Is this the trick, or should the oxless-tether-stones actually appear in a stockpile?

I'm a bit confused... could you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Ever expect the unexpected!
Life is a row of mistakes, but avoiding them will not make life shorter!
Every kind of biological life is egoistical, but the human race is the only known one that successfully manages to destroy the living room of its own descendants.

Some of my better creations: The Ancient Knight, Ain Ebel Warfare, United AIV, Dark Skies over Al'Shareed
posted 04-13-13 22:31 EST (US)     3 / 3  

Simply reproduce what you see in the Crusader picture above... in either SH or SHC and Oxless tethers are yours!

Now, after a walker, (Fletcher, ox loader, etc.) completes one full circuit, (Example : Fletcher = wood > Bow > armory.) trap the unit (delete its access to the stone quarry, stockpile, whatever the next step in its production cycle). Unit should now freeze at Fletcher's post, ox tether, etc. and transport goods as they are completed or a load of 8 stone is ready to go to the stockpile.

If you still have trouble let me know and I will produce this on a .sav file and email it to you.

Good Luck!

UU

'And they that shall be of thee shall build up the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in' - Isaiah
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Trained Oxen
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames