You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Stronghold Europe in English.
posted 05-11-14 06:26 EST (US)   
Hello,

Stronghold Europe gets a new update.

• Stronghold Europe is compatible with Stronghold Crusader Warchest HD.
• Open Source Code from Stronghold Europe for Modder.
• Extras for Stronghold Fans. Music from the Castle Metal Band "The Hand". http://www.castlemetal.co.uk

Download

Alternative

English patch by KaiserJonas

Pictures from the HD version.

Click on the picture, to have a greater resolution.

[This message has been edited by Teutonen Ritter (edited 07-16-2014 @ 03:29 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-11-14 10:08 EST (US)     1 / 10  
I'm glad to see this one in English... I'm downloading it right now, I haven't played the version in German, but it seems to be a great stuff. I've always wanted to play skirmish game in Stronghold 1.

By the way, is there some version of Stronghold Crusader you would suggest for applying this mod to? 1.1, 1.2, or maybe 1.3..? Or it doesn't matter?

EDIT: This one is in German, but doesn't matter, it seems like I can still understand German - I haven't forgotten it yet.

You did it great!

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 05-11-2014 @ 10:46 AM).]

posted 05-11-14 12:32 EST (US)     2 / 10  
Hello EaglePrince
By the way, is there some version of Stronghold Crusader you would suggest for applying this mod to? 1.1, 1.2, or maybe 1.3..? Or it doesn't matter?

EDIT: This one is in German, but doesn't matter, it seems like I can still understand German - I haven't forgotten it yet.
The Mod running with version 1.2 and 1.3.

You must loading the "English Patch" to play the mod in english.
posted 05-11-14 13:03 EST (US)     3 / 10  
"You must loading the "English Patch" to play the mod in english. "
is it the one at lower link? I've downloaded that one, and pasted it into Stronghold Crusader folder. The speech is in English now, but many is in German, and all text as well. Maybe I did something wrong?

Oh, and by the way, is there some place where we could find some more maps, or place where guys like me could upload a map, like here?
posted 05-11-14 13:39 EST (US)     4 / 10  
In the "English Patch" was a file not in the right folder.
But, now you can download the upgraded Translation.

Here is a Thread in my German Forum, where you can download and upload new Maps.

http://www.strategie-zone.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=971&t=16259

Teutonen Ritter

[This message has been edited by Teutonen Ritter (edited 05-11-2014 @ 01:42 PM).]

posted 05-11-14 14:06 EST (US)     5 / 10  
Thanks, now it works all - it's all in English now.
And thanks for the link.

Oh, and I'm sorry if that is mentioned somewhere else before, but I wanted to ask one more question.

Have someone tried to play this mod in multiplayer? I believe, that could be done only with help of GameRanger (although I may be wrong)? Perhaps we could temporarily rename Stronghold Europe.exe to Stronghold Crusader.exe, and that way "trick" GameRanger, to start SHE instead of SHC?

EDIT: I have tried it this way: I renamed Stronghold Europe.exe to Stronghold Crusader.exe, and than GameRanger started this mod instead of Stronghold Crusader, and everything worked great. The only thing I did not try is sending a map before starting a game...

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 05-31-2014 @ 10:16 AM).]

posted 05-13-14 12:58 EST (US)     6 / 10  
I also wanted to ask you about one more thing... Are you planning any further work on this mod? Are there going to be some new versions of it?

One thing I'm specifically curious about - do you have planes to change all European army, so it would look like those ones in Stronghold 1? Especially swordsmen and knights.

And, I just wanted to say one more thing. In one place, it is written Mongolian lords, and I understand why. But it could be Arabian as well. They were in Europe until the twelfth century, so battles between European lords and Arabian lords were possible to happen.

I ask those questions cause I'm just curious. With or without any further developing, this is a great mod, and I really like it.
posted 07-16-14 14:11 EST (US)     7 / 10  
Show in the new topic Stronghold Europe HD!

I have repaired the English patch link.

[This message has been edited by Teutonen Ritter (edited 07-16-2014 @ 02:11 PM).]

posted 07-16-14 16:23 EST (US)     8 / 10  
These are great news! Thanks, Teutonen Ritter for sharing this with us.
posted 08-19-14 01:47 EST (US)     9 / 10  
The link to the English patch is currently broken. Can anyone upload it to Mediafire/Filefront?
posted 08-26-14 10:28 EST (US)     10 / 10  
Stronghold Europe English patch can be downloaded from Stronghold Europe website.

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 08-26-2014 @ 10:29 AM).]

Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Stronghold Europe in English.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames