You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: In D Nile - a River Skirmish Map. And other maps!
posted 02-12-15 15:28 EST (US)   
Hi, guys! I was wondering if I could get some criticism of my maps (including ones I've already uploaded). I especially want to see if people think one of my latest maps is any fun: a Nile-type map. I have three variants: a 2v2 skirmish map, a 4v4 skirmish, and a freebuild.

Nile 2v2 Skirm

Nile 4v4 Skirm

Nile Freebuild

I can/will post screens if anyone asks for them. And I think I'll keep this post in case I want to share any more maps.

Thanks,

The D0ct0r

Also, I have a small 1v1 map that, when I try to play skirmish mode vs the AI, the AI just self-destructs and I win in less than a second. Anyone know why that happened?

...[T]he least initial deviation from the truth is multiplied later a thousandfold. -Aristotle, De Caelo

On the lips of the catechist the first proclamation must ring out over and over: “Jesus Christ loves you; he gave his life to save you; and now he is living at your side every day to enlighten, strengthen and free you.” - Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel

Call me out if I fail or seem to fail to live up to either of these. Either I will learn something, you will learn something, or we both will.

[This message has been edited by D0CT0R WH0 (edited 02-12-2015 @ 03:29 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02-12-15 17:26 EST (US)     1 / 4  
Could you upload those maps to Stronghold Heaven? I believe I would be able to find some time to try your skirmish maps, and to write some feedback here.
posted 02-12-15 17:32 EST (US)     2 / 4  
Hi, EaglePrince! I wanted them to be playtested before I publish them officially. Although I guess I could put up the freebuild map.

...[T]he least initial deviation from the truth is multiplied later a thousandfold. -Aristotle, De Caelo

On the lips of the catechist the first proclamation must ring out over and over: “Jesus Christ loves you; he gave his life to save you; and now he is living at your side every day to enlighten, strengthen and free you.” - Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel

Call me out if I fail or seem to fail to live up to either of these. Either I will learn something, you will learn something, or we both will.
posted 02-13-15 01:48 EST (US)     3 / 4  
Oh, I am sorry, I didn't realize that. I guess I could have slowed down a bit.

In that case, I would be glad to playtest them, although I cannot guarantee I will do it in those few days. I have a lot of work these days, but I may try the maps in those moments when I'm making a break.
posted 02-20-15 16:03 EST (US)     4 / 4  
New thought: Am I the only one who would like to see Fat Bastard replace The Pig? (Been watching some clips, and I like what I hear!)

Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » In D Nile - a River Skirmish Map. And other maps!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames