Please login or register

Stronghold 3 Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by Doomsword, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: SH3 Editor basics
posted 11-05-11 10:46 EST (US)   
Add any basic info you might like to share with other designers and help new designers pick up mappmaking faster here.

/\.........................../\
/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
/_/./././|||||||||||||\.\.\.\_\
/_/./_/{||||||||||}\_\.\_\
/_/......X..|||..X......\_\
Replies:
posted 11-05-11 10:55 EST (US)     1 / 4  
Placing items: Ctrl left-click

When you have a building stuck as your cursor: Ctrl right-click to get rid of it.

Deleting things: select them with Ctrl left-click, they will have a wireframe box when selected, then use the Delete key.

Building won't turn with mouse wheel: right-click and turn the map a bit then try again to rotate the building you'er placing.

Making raised flat terrain: choose the landscape tab and then the raise/lower button. Make some hills to the approximate height you want then choose absolute height and ctrl+right-click on the height you want on your new hill, then ctrl+left click to paint flat terrain of the height you have just right-clicked on.

/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\

[This message has been edited by Doomsword (edited 11-06-2011 @ 10:20 AM).]

posted 11-07-11 13:16 EST (US)     2 / 4  
Hi Doomsword, Your tips have been useful,great stuff, I thought there had to be a better way of making high level ground,and I just came back to find out how to delete buildings. LOL.

To rotate buildings ctrl-mouse wheel.

And I just figured out how to get my map back from LALA land, yesterday I was moving my map in the editor and somehow bumped the mouse and the map dissapeared, I could roll my mouse wheel and finally get the map back onto the screen but it was small and any movement of the mouse would lose the map again, found the fix by going into tools and clicking reset camera.

Firefly has to fix the no shutdown, the first click closes the map then the editor has to be shutdown by using ctrl-alt-delete, you can save your maps, it's just a pain.

Sir_Vet

ps: windows7
posted 11-07-11 18:51 EST (US)     3 / 4  
Greeting Sir Vet good to hear from you, got another tip for you;
Firefly has to fix the no shutdown, the first click closes the map then the editor has to be shutdown by using ctrl-alt-delete, you can save your maps, it's just a pain.
It's the patch that messed it up. Delete your shortcut and make a new one.

/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
posted 12-23-11 13:08 EST (US)     4 / 4  
Stronghold 3 keyboard commands
View them HERE

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 3 Scenario Design and Modding Forum » SH3 Editor basics
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames