The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: To be King, Stronghold Rpg
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
posted 01-26-06 23:58 EST (US)   
It was a land. It had lords. It has a king. But he is a weak king, with no real power anywhere except his capitol. Become king, then gain supporters. Or kill the current king. Or...

Name:
User:
Land: (What does your land look like, what resources does it have.)
Army: ( Please start this small, and don't feel like you have to use Stronghold units.)
Bio: (a biography of your charecter)
Region: (explained below)
Allies:
Enemies:

I retain the right too veto players. You can also be a mercenary, in which case you have no land, but maybe a small following of fellow mercenaries. Use your imagination.

Regions:

The Coast: High cliffs, beaches, constant raids, easy fishing, and easily defensible castles charecterize this place.

The Forest: Large amount of trees, plentifull deer, bandit attcks, hard to find keeps, and large wolf packs exist here.

The Plains: Large farmlands, few rocks, several rivers, easily attackable castles, and high trade/taxes are what this place is about.

The Hills: Plentifull mines, little game or farmland, plenty of stone, raids of nearby kingdoms, and easily defensible castles are here.

Every region has a council that every lord is on. Each year, they vote too see which (except for the plains which gets 3, or the Coast which gets 2) of them goes onto the Lords Council. They can not vote for themselves.

The Lords Council:

The Lords Council advises the king, and can set up new laws through a majority vote. In case of a tie, the king will break it. The Lords Council can also send people into exile, and, in the case of a unanimous vote, force the king to abdicate the throne, leading to an immediate vote, in which all lords vote in the There is no Lords council until year 2.

Exile:

When in exile, you control only your charecter, and his army. You can invade anywhere, without causing any political problems(ok not exacly). You can also re-conquer your estate and become a seperate kingdom, and then maybe get invaded.

Everyone can have 1 charecter, except me, who is also going to have too control the king. This limit maybe raised. No godmodding, like sayong I build 1,200 knights and 500 trebuchets in 1 month and take over the world. 1 month= 2 days. Good luck, and have fun.

Charecters:

Name:Lord Divon
User: Pacifica2
Land: A small estae, with several small forests, a prime fishing spot, a beach, and with the keep set near a cliff. No stone or iron, but some farmland.
Army: 25 spearmen, 10 archers, 20 militia crossbowmen(no armour), 2 seargents(swordsmen with leather armour and round shields, specializing in directing men in combat.)
Bio: Born of noble blood, Divon gained much honor fighting against the Viking raiders. He eventually beat them off this land, and earned himself his estate.
Region: The Coast
Allies:
Enemies:

Name:Lord Michael I
User:Ermm.. Lord Michael I
Land: A small estate, with medium sized farmland, (something), some iron and some stone, the keep is in a mountain and a small lake for fishing, some woods.
Army: Some assasins (10), 20 rapidly made crossbowmen (no armor), my general (a swordsman), and a guy with a RPG-7 (just kidding), emm... 15 pikemen
Bio: Born in Venezuela as a slave, he got bored of the spanish reign over there, so he went to Europe hidden in a merchandise boat to get a Life, he arrived at Spain and became a rich guy's slave, the he became a rebel with some others and a friend of his with military influences gave him some soldiers as his escolt, he attcaked secretly some barracks to get some soldiers and escaped to make his own kingdom. (Sorry for the chronollogically and illogically bad story but if you see my signature it says i'm not creative)
Region: The hills.
Allies:
Enemies:

Name:Lord MNICY
User:MNICY
Land: keep on top of a mountain; medium sized valley behind with a river running through,pitch avalable, small forest .; cant get into vally except for through castle. Medeum sized keep. In front, slope going down; iron and stone resorses along it...
Army: 30 archers, 5 crossbowmen, 10 swordsmen.
Bio:Wont tell anyone about his early history. Suddently showed up around places, walking into random inns and pouring oil on people.
Region: The Hills
Allies:
Enemies:

Name: General Samael
User: Jasper Tudor
Land: No certain land (see bio.)
Army: 40 spearmen (only chainmail), 10 swordsmen (full plate armour), 10 crossbowmen (only quilted armour), 30 archers (regular, no longbows. no armour)
Bio: Born poor in a city somewhere. Joined the army to earn some money, and soon prooved to be a talented leader. But as he was no noble, nor rich, he couldn't be promoted to an officer. Thus, he deserted, forming his own, mercenary army. Won't attack anyone, unless payed by someone else. No certain occupation, just moves around, trying to get hired.
Region: No certain region (see bio.)
Allies: No one. Could be temporary allied to someone, but if another person pays him more, he'll gladly fight his previous employer.
Enemies: No one. Only those he gets payed to kill.

Name: Sir Harold Franklyn
User: Eothain
Land: Harold's castle and lands are located in a large forest which has a large number of trees and the like. The forest isn't particularly overgrown and is mostly decidious (i.e. not ever green). The climate is warm and very nice. Besides the castle runs a fast flowing stream about 6 to 8 feet across.
Army: 20 Longbowmen, 5 hunters, 10 axe soldiers
Bio: Harold Franklyn is a minor gentry but as the eight son of a lord (who was also an eigth son, though his seven brothers were slain in battle against Moors), was not entitled to inherit the land and has thus decided to travel from his home and for a long while wondered through the land with a few followers untill he reached the site of his current castle.
Region: The Forest
Allies: None
Enemies: None^_^

Name: Earl ODAR RANGOCK (earl is a title)
User:ace general
Land: A fijjord in Norway and 10 miles around it, about 10 miles of mountous costal reigons in your land
Army:80 spearemen, 40 arcers and 30 swordsmen and 5 ships with crew that can be detacted to from 10 spearmen each
Bio:A Viking earl that wanted to gain weath and fame by attcking and raiding your lands.

Name: Lord Loggan
User: crazygungan
Land: A small area of land in a secluded valley. The area is populated mainly with peasants who farm only for themselves. The main resource in the valley is a quarry which provides good quality stone.
Army: 10 barely trained farmers with Bows, 5 other farmers with sheilds and spears.
Bio: Lord Loggan is one of a group of Lords in the hills. They have never had much in the way of land or power and have mainly fought between themselves. Lord Loggan is currently one of the most powerful because his army numbers more than 5
Region: The Hills
Allies:

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer

[This message has been edited by Pacifica2 (edited 02-12-2006 @ 11:05 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-27-06 00:45 EST (US)     1 / 299  
Lord Divon surveyed his land. While he had this keep, and a good economy going, he still needed too defend himself. He ordered the construction of wooden walls too keep his enemies at bay. He also began construction of a training center and armory. He then sent out a request for fletchers, and spear crafters.

OOC: That was a bad post, but probaly a good example of running your castle during these hard times.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer

[This message has been edited by Pacifica2 (edited 01-28-2006 @ 04:19 AM).]

posted 01-27-06 13:29 EST (US)     2 / 299  
This looks interesting, I'll sign up:
Name:Lord Michael I
User:Ermm.. Lord Michael I
Land: A small estate, with medium sized farmland, (something), some iron and some stone, the keep is in a mountain and a small lake for fishing, some woods.
Army: Some assasins (10), 20 rapidly made crossbowmen (no armor), my general (a swordsman), and a guy with a RPG-7 (just kidding), emm... 15 pikemen
Bio: Born in Venezuela as a slave, he got bored of the spanish reign over there, so he went to Europe hidden in a merchandise boat to get a Life, he arrived at Spain and became a rich guy's slave, the he became a rebel with some others and a friend of his with military influences gave him some soldiers as his escolt, he attcaked secretly some barracks to get some soldiers and escaped to make his own kingdom. (Sorry for the chronollogically and illogically bad story but if you see my signature it says i'm not creative)
Allies:
Enemies:

I'm new to this, is this how we start?

My Johari window.
Do you have what it takes to hold off Saladins' forces? Find out here...
"I think most people are trying to forget Aqua... Most people I know still haven't recovered from Barbie Girl" - QuickDraw

[This message has been edited by Lord Michael I (edited 01-27-2006 @ 01:29 PM).]

posted 01-27-06 17:52 EST (US)     3 / 299  
Name:Lord MNICY
User:MNICY
Land: keep on top of a mountain; medium sized valley behind with a river running through,pitch avalable, small forest .; cant get into vally except for through castle. Medeum sized keep. In front, slope going down; iron and stone resorses along it...
Army: 30 archers, 5 crossbowmen, 10 swordsmen.
Bio:Wont tell anyone about his early history. Suddently showed up around places, walking into random inns and pouring oil on people.
Region: the hills
Allies:
Enemies:

Lords: Conquest - Medieval MMOG
"Come to think of it, how many people CAN fit on a pike?" -artofmath
"How to kill the Rat: Build 20 Horse archers and 10 swords men. Laugh at him." -Lord Michael I

[This message has been edited by MNICY (edited 01-28-2006 @ 11:52 PM).]

posted 01-27-06 18:57 EST (US)     4 / 299  
Uhh, MNICY I'm going to put your charecter under hills. And yes, this how it starts. just wait until it is day 25, and there is a Lords Council.

Dedicated RPer

[This message has been edited by Pacifica2 (edited 01-27-2006 @ 06:59 PM).]

posted 01-28-06 15:46 EST (US)     5 / 299  
It is Month 2.

Dedicated RPer
posted 01-28-06 15:57 EST (US)     6 / 299  
Name: Jasper Tudor
User: Jasper Tudor =P
Land: A small fief way up in the mountains. The place is very unsuitable for crops, so most peasants work as shepherds. Plenty of cowfarms as well. A few, smaller, mines.
Army: A few (12) lazy peasants armed with anything at hand. And a handful (5) of drunken mercenaries as bodyguards.
Bio: Born and raised rich and spoiled. Evetually got banished from his father's castle, since he was acting too snotty. Tried his luck in various places, but was banished from pretty much every country/region he visited. Eventually fled up in the mountains, where he began pesting travellers with raiding and robbing.
Allies: Anyone who gives him money.
Enemies: Anyone who travels through the mountain pass over which he commands.

Sand is overrated. It's just tiny little rocks.

Check out my latest map, Dear Brother
posted 01-28-06 15:59 EST (US)     7 / 299  
So we have to wait until day 25 or we can still do stuff now?

My Johari window.
"I think most people are trying to forget Aqua... Most people I know still haven't recovered from Barbie Girl" - QuickDraw
posted 01-28-06 17:24 EST (US)     8 / 299  
I think we can do things even when there is no council A lord would have had quite a busy time (or well...if playing chess, hunting, eating and drinking and listening to music counts as being busy).

[This message has been edited by Jasper Tudor (edited 01-28-2006 @ 05:26 PM).]

posted 01-28-06 23:14 EST (US)     9 / 299  
You can do stuff now. The lords council just does not exist. However, you can start your campaign right now. And if you are the only 1(or 2 or 3) in a region, you atomactically get on the castle. And raising charecter limit too 2. Jasper, nice charecter. Allies and enemies funny, if historic.

Dedicated RPer
posted 01-28-06 23:55 EST (US)     10 / 299  
*gives Jasper Tudor money*
by my allie?

"How to kill the Rat: Build 20 Horse archers and 10 swords men. Laugh at him." -Lord Michael I
posted 01-29-06 03:52 EST (US)     11 / 299  
Divon heard of the Hills. Many lords lived there, keeping it safe. He was content here.
" My lord, Viking raiders sighted.", a squire said.
" Ready the men and send a rider to the hills requesting aid, with a payment of 5 bows, 10 deer, and 200 gold pieces if they come to fight the vikings.", Divon ordered.
He wacthed as his 30 spearmen formed occording too his seargents wishes. He wacthed as the archers and crossbowmen took to the pallisade. It would be a long fight.

Dedicated RPer
posted 01-29-06 05:56 EST (US)     12 / 299  
Of course, Lord MNICY. As a token of our friendship, I allow you, and your men, or even anyone with your blessing, to pass unharmed through my valley.
*Goes of to drink some expencive wine robbed earlier the same day*

posted 01-29-06 18:23 EST (US)     13 / 299  
OOC:Hills people, do realize only 1 of you can be on the Lords Council. Just thought you might want too start an advertisement.

The rider approached the castle of Lord MNICY.

Dedicated RPer
posted 01-29-06 18:40 EST (US)     14 / 299  
Lord MNICY greets the rider. Accepts the payments and sends 3 swordsmen, 5 crossbowmen and 15 archers.
"i would like some of them back please"

posted 01-29-06 20:45 EST (US)     15 / 299  
The rider approaches Jaspers Castle, looking at a small bird looking at him. He runs into one of the few trees here, and his horse escapes.

Dedicated RPer
posted 01-30-06 10:35 EST (US)     16 / 299  
Slams the door open, angry since he's having a hangover.
"Whaddayawant?"

posted 01-30-06 15:26 EST (US)     17 / 299  
Name: Sir Harold Franklyn
User: Eothain
Land: Harold's castle and lands are located in a large forest which has a large number of trees and the like. The forest isn't particularly overgrown and is mostly decidious (i.e. not ever green). The climate is warm and very nice. Besides the castle runs a fast flowing stream about 6 to 8 feet across.
Army: 20 Longbowmen, 5 hunters, 10 axe soldiers
Bio: Harold Franklyn is a minor gentry but as the eight son of a lord (who was also an eigth son, though his seven brothers were slain in battle against Moors), was not entitled to inherit the land and has thus decided to travel from his home and for a long while wondered through the land with a few followers untill he reached the site of his current castle.
Region: The Forest
Allies: None
Enemies: None

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
posted 01-30-06 20:29 EST (US)     18 / 299  
i'll play

i'll be a viking earl

Name: Earl ODAR RANGOCK (earl is a title)
User:ace general
Land: A fijjord in Norway and 10 miles around it, about 10 miles of mountous costal reigons in your land
Army:80 spearemen, 40 arcers and 20 swordsmen and 5 ships with crew that can be detacted to from 10 spearmen eac, and 5 siege ennnginneersh
Bio:A Viking earl that wanted to gain weath and fame by attcking and raiding your lands.

because im a viking i cannot be in the lords consuil, but you have to pay me danelaw so my big army dosnt invade and raid you.

[This message has been edited by ace_general (edited 01-31-2006 @ 06:40 PM).]

posted 01-30-06 22:47 EST (US)     19 / 299  
Accepted Eothain.

ace_general, try with 20 swordsmen. Then you can get siege equipment

Dedicated RPer
posted 01-31-06 11:05 EST (US)     20 / 299  
So, hill people, who will go to the council?

My Johari window.
posted 01-31-06 11:21 EST (US)     21 / 299  
OT: Don't know. It seems like Pacifia2 missed my last message...

posted 01-31-06 11:39 EST (US)     22 / 299  
Hmm..
I know!
Let's wait for more people in the hills to came and put a vote to it.

By the way...
Wanna be my allie?
Hands over 200 gold coins and a crate full of the finest wine of his lands

My Johari window.
posted 01-31-06 12:16 EST (US)     23 / 299  
*Smells the wine and looks suspiciously at you*
I'll have to taste this first.
*Empties half the bottle, burps*
Alrighty then! Those gold coins might come in handy.

*Thinks to himself*
Wasn't there some other knight here lately? Am I seeing things that ain't there?

posted 01-31-06 12:31 EST (US)     24 / 299  
I think the rider ran away in the trees , he was too scared to talk to you

My Johari window.
posted 01-31-06 18:44 EST (US)     25 / 299  
JASPER OF TUDUR, pay me 500 gold asa danegild so i dont invade you.

[This message has been edited by ace_general (edited 01-31-2006 @ 06:45 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » To be King, Stronghold Rpg
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames