Please login or register

Website Announcements and Updates
Moderated by Lady Arcola, Doomsword

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD
posted 10-21-12 13:56 EST (US)   
I know that people have been asking for it for years, and now here it is.

Opinions?

[This message has been edited by The Dragonheart (edited 10-21-2012 @ 01:58 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10-21-12 18:16 EST (US)     1 / 25  
will wait till it's on special 1/2 price week or stock clearance day
posted 10-22-12 16:54 EST (US)     2 / 25  
I hope HD will provide a flow to the gameplay that will make the game more enjoyable. Ability to play on high resolution is one thing, but it has to come with a proper zoom & rotate tool.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
posted 10-23-12 01:42 EST (US)     3 / 25  
The zoom and rotate tool will stop me from buying it.

It's not even the same game by adding this feature.
posted 10-23-12 14:50 EST (US)     4 / 25  
I think that t his is a great update! I always wanted better graphics for the older ones! It will have to be cheap in order for me to re-buy both of them though.

Run like heck, and earn your puke!
Wolfman
posted 10-24-12 04:27 EST (US)     5 / 25  
EDIT: hmmm... I'll retract my opinion of this for now. Need to see more I think.

[This message has been edited by WL_D Arthus (edited 10-24-2012 @ 04:37 AM).]

posted 10-27-12 20:14 EST (US)     6 / 25  
This is great news and actually should have been done years ago.
I presume that still the only online matchmaking services are gameranger voobly and gs?
And will the HD versions be compatible with the standard versions for online play?
posted 10-28-12 18:22 EST (US)     7 / 25  
I really doubt they will be compatible on mp, but we can't know for sure.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
posted 10-31-12 18:39 EST (US)     8 / 25  
Firefly Studios today announced that players will be able to upgrade their existing copies of Stronghold, Stronghold Crusader and Stronghold Crusader Extreme to the new HD versions for free via a downloadable patch, provided that they already own a copy of the game.

Tomorrow Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD will go on sale at 12:00 CET on GOG, Amazon, GetGames and DotEmu. As a thank you to existing fans for their years of support, owners of Stronghold, Stronghold Crusader and Stronghold Crusader Extreme will be able to download a patch for their game that upgrades it to the new HD version.

The free HD patches will be available initially on GameFront and GamersHell. Full instructions on how to download the patches will be given out tomorrow when the games go live.

Enjoy
posted 11-01-12 03:04 EST (US)     9 / 25  
Thanks for the nice gift Firefly

This also seems to answer the questions related to compatibility when playing multiplayer.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 11-01-12 14:59 EST (US)     10 / 25  
Stronghold HD looks magnificent. Way to go, FireFly Studios.

Stronghold Crusader is another matter. Update will not install
if a version 1.2 is already installed. Hopefully, FireFly Studios will look into this.
posted 11-03-12 11:46 EST (US)     11 / 25  
Try running the patch for Crusader extreme HD and applying it to Crusader.
Worked for me....
posted 11-05-12 09:43 EST (US)     12 / 25  
I am so glad this is free! Thank you Firefly! As for Crusader 1.2 just install the SHCE one. It includes 1.2 in it.

Also, if you put in your e-mail after the install, you get a huge bunch of bonuses in Kingdoms! I'm loving you Firefly!

Run like heck, and earn your puke!
Wolfman
posted 11-07-12 00:23 EST (US)     13 / 25  
I am really tired of firefly. Why can't they design something without real bugs ??? The Editor doesn't work under HD. You can't design castles anymore, the game collapsed .....
posted 11-07-12 00:52 EST (US)     14 / 25  
The Editor doesn't work under HD. You can't design castles anymore, the game collapsed .....
That's too bad.

Like Stronghold Kingdoms? Check out Stronghold Kingdoms Strategy where I post new game walkthroughs and videos.

[This message has been edited by DavidSpy (edited 11-07-2012 @ 08:53 PM).]

posted 11-07-12 12:47 EST (US)     15 / 25  
DavidSpy, watch out for spamming.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
posted 11-07-12 20:56 EST (US)     16 / 25  
DavidSpy, watch out for spamming.
Was my pun in bad taste? Very well, I have amended it.

Like Stronghold Kingdoms? Check out Stronghold Kingdoms Strategy where I post new game walkthroughs and videos.
posted 11-07-12 21:48 EST (US)     17 / 25  
I thought it was clever

/\.........................../\
/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
/_/./././|||||||||||||\.\.\.\_\
/_/./_/{||||||||||}\_\.\_\
/_/......X..|||..X......\_\
posted 11-08-12 02:13 EST (US)     18 / 25  
This is the severe bug in HD:

If you design maps and you try to set soldiers, command them or delete them, the game shuts down. But for good map making it's necessary to change things. So the editor is now worthless It doesn't depend on the kind of map, if it is an old one or a complete new. May be, the bug is only in the update.

It MIGHT be too, that older maps generally don't run in HD. I didn't prove it, but be careful ....
posted 11-08-12 08:13 EST (US)     19 / 25  
To Wolfman4God:
Yes, SHCE patch worked, thanks.
http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,3401,,10
If you design maps and you try to set soldiers, command them or delete them, the game shuts down. But for good map making it's necessary to change things. So the editor is now worthless It doesn't depend on the kind of map, if it is an old one or a complete new. May be, the bug is only in the update.
Sorry, but I can't replicate your problem. I can do all of the above in the editor of both SH HD and SHC HD without any difficulties.
posted 11-08-12 08:43 EST (US)     20 / 25  
Do you use windows 7 too ? I deleted stronghold and installed it completely new, to be sure, that is an fault of my installation. The result was the same ... the editor didn't work ...
Ore may be there is a difernece in the versions ...
posted 11-08-12 14:38 EST (US)     21 / 25  
Works on Vista (64bit version).

I updated version 1.2 (both SH and SHC) from Stronghold Collection.

Do you have updated versions that is OK when you play? If so, then you could try to install the old versions in separate folders, and see if they can all co-exist. If they can, you have the old versions for editing purposes, and the new versions for playing. Remember to backup all your maps and saves first!

Not the optimal solution, but probably better than just reverting to the old versions.
posted 11-11-12 12:03 EST (US)     22 / 25  
1. Which game are you experiancing this problem with?
2. Which HD upgrade package did you install?
3. Which game version # (ex. v.1.2)did you upgrade from?

I just installed SHC Extreme HD patch for my V1.2 of Stronghold Crusader+Extreme from the Stronghold Collection on PC-DVD. Everything works fine, I am running Vista x64 Home Premium @2.2 Core Duo with 4 GB SYS RAM and 512 GRAM.

I can use the editor just fine, moving, attacking, etc. all work withing the editor.

posted 11-12-12 08:25 EST (US)     23 / 25  
skurill, We're aware of this bug and have fixed it, we're currently testing a new version of the patch, which fixes this problem along with some customers installation issues.
posted 11-12-12 09:16 EST (US)     24 / 25  
I've downloaded 3 versions of the SH HD update and get the same result every time.

"The setup has detected that no version of Stronghold HD is installed"

"This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed"

The version of Stronghold that I have is 1.2 which I bought from GOG about 5 years ago. I use Windows 7 fully updated. The game is a fairly fresh install.

Sir_Vet
posted 06-11-13 23:50 EST (US)     25 / 25  
I really like your way of expressing the opinion and sharing the information.
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Website Announcements and Updates » Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames