You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help
Moderated by peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Downloadable AI Characters?
posted 12-21-16 10:33 EST (US)   
Hello i could use some help. I've been playing stronghold crusader since i was a child and i do have the HD update for my game (in which i have the old, disc version) i was wondering if there was a safe website i could download custom made AI characters for skirmish mode or if possible, create my own but i'd prefer downloading someone elses
Replies:
posted 12-21-16 17:45 EST (US)     1 / 7  
Hello,

Yes, they are downloadable under Downloads section.
http://stronghold.heavengames.com/downloads/lister.php?category=crusader_mods

Make sure you do a backup of the original AIV files.

The AIV editor, which allows you to create your own design is here:
http://stronghold.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=7534

The walkthrough for the editor:
http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=14,3500,,5

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//

[This message has been edited by Lord_of_Hell (edited 12-21-2016 @ 05:48 PM).]

posted 12-21-16 17:50 EST (US)     2 / 7  
Welcome to Stronghold Heaven, skirmish master.

Check out the Stronghold Heaven downloads section.

What you want should be in the Crusader Modifications subsection, or in the Miscellaneous Files subsection.

What some fans did was editing or fixing the original AI lord's castles. For example, I have few fixes for Lionheart's castle, while some others made entirely new castle layouts.

Now, that's the "easy part" (which requires a lot of patience) - to simply edit castle layouts of AI lords. The hard part is to edit how each of AI lords looks like: their portraits, their name, their voices, etc... I don't know how to edit those, but I do know some fans managed to do that. Try to find Russian Story mod, or GMB (or G.M.B. mod), or the Stronghold Europe mod (made by Russians) of Stronghold Crusader to see what those guys managed to make. I personally prefer Stronghold Medieval England mod made by Teutonen Ritter (aka Lord Lowenherz). I don't know how easily you could find Russian Story mod and the original Stronghold Europe mod tough. I'm not sure if you're going to be able to find some of them and download it.

Now, I'm not sure what exactly you wanted - entirely new AI lords, or different castles, but I tried to give both answers. Oh, and I don't think that one could make entirely new AI lords. In particular, you could edit Pig, but I believe that one cannot change pig to use pikemen in addition to macemen, or to make force him to build one more stone quarry, or something like that.

VERY IMPORTANT ADDITION:
Hey, Lord of Hell, how are you?...

Replied in the recovery room - LoH

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 12-22-2016 @ 05:22 PM).]

posted 12-22-16 16:32 EST (US)     3 / 7  
Thank you all SO much, i didn't expect anyone to reply but getting replied to by the two most famous guys in stronghold heaven? Wow. I just love the community here, yes you guys did help a lot! I was looking for entirely new ai characters, now about those Russian and etc mods your were talking about, do they contain new characters? Are they available for stronghold crusader? I would love to know because these "campaigns" sound amazing!
And again, thanks to both you guys for helping me out.
posted 12-22-16 18:00 EST (US)     4 / 7  
Well, I am glad that you are counting me as one of the famous guys here along with Lord of Hell.

Well, when it comes to those characters, they are actually not different AI lords, they are still that same AI lords from Stronghold Crusader, only they may build some different castles, they may have different pictures, and they may have different voices (but I wouldn't count on different voices to be honest). And, to be even more honest, I still prefer the original AI lords over those new ones, Firefly did much better job with this.

I think that if you only want to replace some AI lords with others, the best would be to simply replace castle layouts as I said before. Those new characters are just not good enough, and if they have voice actors, they are in Russian, or in German I think. Plus, I don't know if you could combine some stuff here because a lot of information about AI lords may be stored in exe file actually. So, editing them may not be so easy.

I would advice you to search for those mods, and to see some videos on YouTube, or something like that. But these would be my impressions about those mods:
-Russian Story: entirely new building styles, do check videos of that, you will be surprised by what some fans created!
-Stronghold Europe, and Stronghold Medieval England: in these mods graphics from Crusader was replaced with the one from Stronghold 1, so here you actually get Stronghold 1 with skirmish mod, but without those great campaigns.
-G.M.B mod: this is a mod which adds plenty of interesting features to Stronghold Crusader, such as ability to change players color I think (don't take me on my word, please, I'm not entirely sure), and stuff like that.

In neither of those mods new AI lords and new campaigns were in focus (in my opinion). It's just that campaigns in Stronghold 1 and in Crusader 1 (including Crusader Trail) are so good that one should put a lot of effort to make something better. Also, when it comes to the new castles in those mods, if I remember correctly I have seen more interesting and prettier castle designs here at Stronghold Heaven downloads section.

So, you may not be amazed by those new castle designs in those mods, but the mods are very interesting, and the main focus of their creators was to bring a new feel in Stronghold Crusader: by bringing the fight between the Saracens and the Crusaders into Europe (which is also historically accurate, Muslims were present in Spain at that time), or by moving the fight to steppes of Russia.

If you decide to download some of those mods and try them, let us know if you don't manage to find those mods by yourself.
posted 12-22-16 18:22 EST (US)     5 / 7  
You could provide some links anyway Eagle, if not for him then for the other people who might read the topic. I don't have a lot of knowledge about the mods you are talking. Would like to check them out too

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
posted 12-23-16 14:17 EST (US)     6 / 7  
I don't have any links either. Maybe the best would be to upload them on Google Drive and share my links. I shall do it tomorrow.
posted 12-24-16 09:43 EST (US)     7 / 7  
Check out the major Stronghold Crusader mods. I have given you the download links for those mods. In particular, I have copied the link to Russian Story downloads pages, and I have uploaded the rest of mod on Google Drive.
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help » Downloadable AI Characters?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames