Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Aberystwyth Castle
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 11-21-05 15:01 EST (US)   
Hi, since I got no reply in the Need Playtesters II-sticky, I'm going to try my luck here:

I've been working on a rather big map for a while now, Aberystwyth Castle. Aberystwyth is not a very famous castle today, but in the days of its glory, it was comparable to Beaumaris or Harlech castle, and was one of the earliest concentric castles in Wales.
I am currently looking for playtesters, this is large-scale eco-vasion, and was eventually planned to be a cede-scenario aswell...however: I would apreciate if skilled and/or experienced players would playtest this map, since it's supposed to be a rather hard one, and I'd like to hear the opionions of the experienced players.
I have not uploaded the map here at SHH, and I am not planning to do so untill the map has been carefully playtested. If anyone is interested I will send it to you.

Jasper Tudor

Edit:
Well, no one seems to be interested...anyway, here's a link to the minimap: http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/2918/aberystwythcastle2tm.jpg
And here's a link to one of the reconstructional drawings that I've been working from while creating the map: http://www.ceredigion.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=1189

[This message has been edited by Jasper Tudor (edited 11-22-2005 @ 10:48 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-07-05 13:56 EST (US)     26 / 30  
Ok, I will play it through now. I'll let you know in about an hour

Edit/ I have played it on normal and I won quite easily but the invasions are a bit of a hassle. They hang around for such a long time! My earlier comments in my email still apply, I would personally like a different beginning. The rest of the map is good fun though, allowing to buy in wood means you can actually build up really fast after the first attack. I spent a lot of money on wood and my economy was set. I lost all my farms in the second invasion and most of them to the third but got them back soon enough. Bringing in iron was the hardest goal for me as I couldn't use the market

I really like your stlye of map design though, the castle looks a little bare but the surrounding area looks great, I love the way the map slowly turns into a huge oak forest!

[This message has been edited by NAT (edited 12-07-2005 @ 03:48 PM).]

posted 12-08-05 05:22 EST (US)     27 / 30  
Thanks to NAT for his comments. I have decided to actually keep the intro. since I personally found this to be the funniest way of starting the map. Hope it doesn't bother too much.
I'll update the map and make a final playtesting before uploading it.
Great thanks to all who has playtested and given their comments.
Edit: The map has now been submitted. Again: great thanks to all who playtested.

Jasper Tudor

[This message has been edited by Jasper Tudor (edited 12-08-2005 @ 10:59 AM).]

posted 12-08-05 11:37 EST (US)     28 / 30  
hi...I've been busy, so i dunno if you've updated it, and i haven't had time to playtest it really...
But you've had alot of other people so it's no problem i see.
The map is maybe too hard for me... I think you should maybe write some text in the map itself. It's a GREAT story in the word file, but it's plain when it doesn't say anything in the map description. I still don't like the surrounding terrain, but since it's so like the real castle as possible i guess nothing can be done about that.

Otherwise an excellent map.

But i guess this will not contribute anything because it has already been submitted lol.

posted 12-08-05 12:30 EST (US)     29 / 30  
I have gone ahead and approved it, you can download the map below
http://stronghold.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2785
posted 12-10-05 08:56 EST (US)     30 / 30  
As NAT stated, the map's up! Ratings and comments welcome.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room » Aberystwyth Castle
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames