Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Ain Ebel Warfare
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 06-10-09 17:20 EST (US)   
Greetings everyone,

this is my first scenario map, Ain Ebel Warfare!
I have done most of the designing so far. The story is also almost completed, maybe a few minor changes or adds will be done.

Different steps in landscaping:
Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4

Up-to-date-minimaps:
(north side on top)
ainebelwarfacev102.png
(west side on top)
ainebelwarfacetv102.png

Now I am struggling to get some working script into the game. My goal is to create a mix of siege and eco mission, making you feel as within the 3rd Crusade, trying to siege a well-prepared (fictional) castle called "Ain Ebel" without many starting troops but some open space for raising up your economy.
The problem is that you face almost no resources on the map, your enemy has sent reinforcements to kill you off and your time is restricted.

Here some pics showing parts of the map:
A mysterious shrine"Allah'S Eye" - A holy fountain
Your campA part of the desert

[!UPDATE: More pictures!]
The southern and northern farms around Ain Ebel

And the guy with the soup :-)... (mentioned in the full story)

Here is a picture I just found, showing the whole map. This picture is not completely up-to-date, but it still shows most of the up-to-date map.

More pictures will be add soon.

Here some parts of the story:

19. July 1190
Our scouts have reported a “strongly defended stronghold” on top of some cliffs near the Jordan along with more fortifications at the ford across the river. Our hopes of refreshing our supplies of water quickly from the river did not realize, because we can’t go near to the water without being seen by their soldiers on the big lookout-tower – even our scouts are lucky not to have been seen! On our side of the river we have discovered some fascinating, but very strange buildings, maybe shrines for their demonic gods. We have erected a small camp not far away from Ain Ebel, but out of sight due to several rocky cliffs.

28. July 1190, Notes on the castle:
I heard from a secret pass way anywhere in the southern side of the cliffs (this was very expensive to find out...), but unfortunately I was not able to localize it, maybe it only existed a hundred years ago or is out of some myth like the name of the “Allah’s Eye Fountain” in the southwest, which is only special because of the masses of lions there.

7. August 1190
We have prayed for the hostile soldiers not to notice us! We’re hiding wherever we can. Our men are suffering from the heat – a battle with the well prepared troops of Shamai would be our end now!

---

I would be glad if there is anyone out here who could playtest the map. And this is my first going-to-be-submitted scenario map, so I am looking forward to every tips for improving it.

Heroesflorian

Edit#1: For some unknown reason, the thumbnails of the "different steps in landscaping" don't show up. But clicking them, you see the pictures correctly.
Edit#2: I'm from Germany, so at me it's not 17:51 but 23:51 - don't wonder when I do not respond immediately =D
Edit#3: Still searching for another playtester, maybe someone with some experience in SHC.

Ever expect the unexpected!
Life is a row of mistakes, but avoiding them will not make life shorter!
Every kind of biological life is egoistical, but the human race is the only known one that successfully manages to destroy the living room of its own descendants.

Some of my better creations: The Ancient Knight, Ain Ebel Warfare, United AIV, Dark Skies over Al'Shareed

[This message has been edited by Heroesflorian (edited 06-19-2009 @ 03:15 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-21-09 10:22 EST (US)     26 / 29  
Hmm... May be the best idea =)

Edit: Now I made four different versions of the map, with various difficulties.

I'm going to upload the map today.

Florian

Every kind of biological life is egoistical, but the human race is the only known one that successfully manages to destroy the living room of its own descendants.

Some of my better creations: The Ancient Knight, Ain Ebel Warfare, United AIV, Dark Skies over Al'Shareed

[This message has been edited by Heroesflorian (edited 11-21-2009 @ 12:50 PM).]

posted 11-21-09 16:29 EST (US)     27 / 29  
Approved and in the Downloads here
posted 11-21-09 20:59 EST (US)     28 / 29  
can't wait to see it.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it -Voltaire
posted 11-22-09 05:23 EST (US)     29 / 29  
Well, it's finally available now.

But the links are not right yet...
I'm really not the master of presenting a new map correctly XD

@ericgolf: thx for the fast approving!

Florian

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room » Ain Ebel Warfare
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames