Please login or register

Technical Issues
Moderated by Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: i tryed downloading the 1.3.1 update but it has an error
posted 03-14-06 14:34 EST (US)   
when i was installing the 1.3.1 update, it had an error about a file in the map section that the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. the file name is Foug?es.s2c.
PLEASE HELP!
Replies:
posted 03-14-06 15:10 EST (US)     1 / 12  
The name of that file is Fougères.s2c and it is one of the maps. Try uninstall Stronghold 2 making sure its folder on the harddisk is deleted including the contents. Then defragment your computer, reinstall the game and try again patching it making sure you are installing the correct patch as there's both US and European versions of both the Original release of SH2 and of SH2 DeLuxe. There is no difference between the Deluxe and the Original versions when they both are fully patched. You might like to try install one patch level at a time

You can find all the released patches here: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/stronghold2/downloads.html

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 03-15-06 10:21 EST (US)     2 / 12  
i tryed that but i don't know what defragment is and i unistalled and reinstalled then used the right update but it still doesn't work.
posted 03-15-06 10:57 EST (US)     3 / 12  
Defragmeting is making order in the files on your harddisk. To do so open My Computer, rightclick the C: drive, click Properties, Click the Tools pane and then the button for Defragmenting.

Did you delete the "Stronghold 2" game folder on the harddisk after you uninstalled the game?

When you say it still doesn't work, what happens? Do you get any error message and what does it say?

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 03-15-06 12:32 EST (US)     4 / 12  
the same message keeps appearing when i install the update and defragmenting takes like soo long will the defragmenting mess up anything?

[This message has been edited by xvator (edited 03-15-2006 @ 01:05 PM).]

posted 03-15-06 13:16 EST (US)     5 / 12  
The defragmenting can not mess up anything. If you have had the computer for a long time and never defragmented the harddisk then it takes really long time. The bigger the harddisk and the more files on it the longer it also takes.

Have you tried manually checking the name of the Fougères.s2c file?

You could try renaming it to something else like Fougères.old and see if the patch will install.

Did you make sure to delete the Stronghold 2 folder on your harddisk back when you uninstalled the game?

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 03-15-2006 @ 01:17 PM).]

posted 03-15-06 13:36 EST (US)     6 / 12  
i defragmented, i reinstalled the game then i tryed installing the update and it still has the same message!!!! i can't edit the map file because i don't have it because while i was installing the file wouldn't install. so what do i do??????????/

XVATOR

[This message has been edited by xvator (edited 03-15-2006 @ 02:41 PM).]

posted 03-15-06 17:02 EST (US)     7 / 12  
Just a stab in the dark here. What operating system are you using and what language is it set to? I find it extremely interesting that the only file it is apparently choking on is the one map file with an accented character in its name, and your error message is substituting a question mark in that character's place in the file name.

DoY's infamous TREASURE ISLAND - Challenge #13 - Sparrow's Extreme Challenges for SH1 and Crusader
posted 03-15-06 17:24 EST (US)     8 / 12  
i am using windows xp english but you can type korean also

XVATOR
posted 03-30-06 08:34 EST (US)     9 / 12  
I was hoping to try and duplicate this problem. How did you install Korean support in English Xp? Within Regional and Language Options? / Supplement Language Support ?
posted 03-30-06 15:11 EST (US)     10 / 12  
i am also using windows xp english but you can type korean.

I put the language selection to french, but it still said Foug?es.s2c

And I installed the Korean support in English Xp within Regional and Language Options / Supplement Language

Can anyone change the file name to Fougeres.s2c in the patch?

Sorry

it's ?in canadian biligual keyboard an in english it is '
?'
??

[This message has been edited by Lord DJ (edited 04-03-2006 @ 08:33 PM).]

posted 03-30-06 15:56 EST (US)     11 / 12  
The only trouble if the ? key on a French keyboard is é, is that the letter in the file name is è and not é.

DoY's infamous TREASURE ISLAND - Challenge #13 - Sparrow's Extreme Challenges for SH1 and Crusader
posted 04-02-06 19:31 EST (US)     12 / 12  
Hey I found the solution to the error xvator! I installed the patch!
To do it you go the Regional and Language Options and go to Advanced and Change the language for non unicode programs and change it to french (france). You must restart your computer and start the file transfer.

PS remember to change the language settings back.
Yesssss!!!!! I fixed it!!!!!!!!!

Stronghold 2 » Forums » Technical Issues » i tryed downloading the 1.3.1 update but it has an error
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames